Backup your Playlist part 2 from - If you lose your playlist - Here is my fix

skos

Yea, that didn't much help me at all did it? flyingdutchman you have been trying to help me with this playlist issue for a while. You’re an advance member. I don’t understand why you would not just help me?

Hello everyone. Same issue: had to restore my phone, previously using the "export playlist" option. Managed to see all playlists that I had on my phone. Now, when trying to import those playlists, Poweramp says "playlists found: 0". They are all in SD card, along with music folders. Nothing has changed, not even SD name. The question is simple: when exporting a playlist, where does it go? How can you scroll to a folder, copy the playlists, and then restore? All I want to know is how can I restore my playlists on Poweramp: have them on SD card along with all music folders. Thanks

@hakael, when you export your playlists from Poweramp  it tells you where they are written before it exports. It creates .m3u8 files which you can find in the designated folder. (In my case Storage/emulated/0/Playlists) Usually a folder on your internal memory called playlists otherwise use a file explorer to search for *.m3u8.

You do not need to import these, Poweramp simply needs to know where it can find them. You do this in the Settings, Library,Music Folders,. If all folders are ticked, first deselect them by unticking the top level . Proceed to only select folders where your music resides, including the afore mentioned playlist folder. Your playlists should not appear.

Just for imformation, the Import option tries to import Android playlists, not the ones you exported. I agree, somewhat confusing.

Hey mate. Thanks for the reply, but that is an external app. My question was if there is a way to import a playlist that was created on Poweramp itself, after a factory reset. More info: SD card is exactly the same way as it was before reset, when playlists were created. Nothing has changed there. I double checked folders that Poweramp uses to scan music and libraries, but still no luck. So far, Poweramp is a perfect software except for this issue that should be very simple, considering that I exported a playlist from Poweramp...and now trying to import on Poweramp. Thanks for your reply, it looks like I'm gonna have to use that app

I note that your (external) sd card has not changed BUT your internal sdcard (aka internal memory) probably has changed which probably means you have lost your playlists unless you can get to the original internal memory. However, in your first post you state you have the playlists. Do they have the .m3u8 extension?. If so just ensure the folder is scanned by Poweramp (although you also state you have selected the correct folders)

ps my app will not help without the original playlists 

Yes, probably since I did a factory reset (other issues, not related). But before that system restore, I used export playlists and also export settings, and all was saved on folder "_com.maxmpz.audioplayer" which contained last settings, album art, etc. I assumed that playlists were also saved on that folder, since it gave me that message. Here´s a good example of what I´m talking about: mentioned folder contained "album art", right? I can SEE that folder, and add more files or change if needed. Then, after reinstalling Poweramp, I can just copy those files from backup into app folders, and it shows all album art, without activating "download album art" or "prefer downloaded album art". But I can´t find my playlists, even though I have the files in exported format m3u8. Attached is a screenshot of current Android system, after restore and reinstalling Poweramp. It shows SD card, which contains the backed up folder with album art and playlists (that folder is the one that Poweramp said it would contain backup, once exporting playlists and settings). Music folders are also on SD card, same names and same path. This is killing me =(

WhatsApp Image 2018-10-24 at 11.54.26.jpeg

As Theo says, When you do an 'Export Playlists' in PA it will tell you where they have been saved - usually the Playlists folder on internal device memory. You can then either tell Poweramp that it is allowed to scan that folder for music and playlists (using Settings > Library > Music Folders) or move the saved .M3U8 files to somewhere else on your SD Card that is already set up for music scanning if you prefer (this way is best if transferring to a new device obviously).

There is no need to 'Import' them manually as Poweramp should find them during its next scan (it might be worth doing a Full Rescan). As long as the file system's directory structure has not changed (i.e. your music is in the same place that it was before, thus matching the paths listed in the .M3U8 files) then the playlists should appear automatically in your library, and be populated as soon as you click on them. 

Andre

Archived