Crashed and now no playlist

skos

I have been using the premium version for about a year. The App suddenly crashed. The app would launch but nothing would happen. You couldn't play a song and you couldn't do anything. It sent the bug report.

I had to re install the app.

Now it's like it’s brand new and there's no playlists showing. I had a year of making playlists and now they are gone.

How do you restore playlist?

I use Samsung SmartSwitch. Does it really matter what back up I use?

My question is, What are the steps to restore your Playlist?  Rescan does not find it on the phone App.  Does PA have a file for the playlist?

Does anyone know if PA has a file like .m3u8 that it uses for the playlists?

I did a search on my computer for .m3u8 however it did not find any.  If I wanted to import the playlist file from my computer(backup) what would that file be called or the ext?

Here is another issues I found.  Before the App crashed, I has 17,000+ songs that appeared in "all songs.  Now it only shows 6621.  Where did the other 10,000+ songs go? It seems like the scanning option is not working.

This is so frustrating, the more I search the web, the more I see a lot of posts of users losing playlists.  This seems very common, is it?  Did PA ever address this? What is the fix?

So I figured it out myself. 

Uninstall it from the "Play Store"

Launch "Poweramp Full Version Unlocker" - It tells me that I already paid for it and to install Poweramp Music Player (Trial).

Reinstalled Poweramp Music Player (Trial)

Now everything is back to normal. All 17,000+ song back and all the playlist.

5 hours ago, skos said:

This is so frustrating, the more I search the web, the more I see a lot of posts of users losing playlists.  This seems very common, is it?  Did PA ever address this? What is the fix?

The 'fix' is to backup any internal (database stored) playlists to physical M3U8 files every so often, via Settings > Library > Export Poweramp Playlists. Otherwise any playlists that are internal to the app rather than file-based will always be subject to problems if the app crashes or loses its connection to the song files.

Andre

Archived