No auto track switch

Simbiat

I've noticed, that tracks are not getting switched automatically in 799. I mean, track ends and then nothing. If I have the app open and active I can see notification "Failed to play". Strangely, this seems to be easily reproduce-able for me when using BT headset, but sometimes not reproducible with speaker or when Wi-Fi is enabled. Clearing app's cache helps for like a 10 tracks, then issue returns.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same with me here, wasn't present with the update before the last one, all in all it's been a few weeks already at the very least, if not a full month. And, too, happening much more often when using headset (hi-res), and much less frequently when the speaker is used. The song ends, then it's like 3-5 seconds of silence, then "Failed  to play" message if i'm keeping the player open and everything stops. Tried ticking on-off settings boxes, like "keep service" and "use wakelock" - nothing worked. The bug itself is sporadic in nature, can't recreate it at will, really.

Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro, ResurrectionRemix (Android version 7.1.2)

Guys, who notice this, as well, please, check if your elapsed time on the track is 1 second more than actual track length.

I think there is something wrong with logic which calculates the elapsed seconds. I presume, there is something like a `while` cycle in there with wrong parameters used for it or something. Or maybe it's using a buffer or something, which could explain, that it does not happen all the time

*EDITED BELOW*

Same problem - often does not advance to next track, eventually says "Failed to play"

Samsung Galaxy S5, Android 6.0.1. Experienced this problem in builds 799, 800, and 801, but NOT in 797. Just reverted to 797 to confirm.

*EDIT*

@maxmp

@andrewilley

As I mentioned, I reverted to 797 to confirm that the problem was not in that build. Having reinstalled 801... I can no longer reproduce the problem. Having said that, I'll at least detail how the bug panned out for me.

The problem initially appeared immediately upon going from build 797 to 799. The very first track I played did not advance, and I could repeat the problem almost every time by seeking to just before the end of the track and waiting for it to (attempt to) advance. The issue continued for me through the updates to 800 and 801 without change.

Although again I can no longer repeat the issue after the reinstall, I've included my settings since I do change quite a few things. If I can provide anything else for you, let me know.

last.Poweramp-settings

Build 800 played for 14 hours non stop (included the reported devices).

Does this fail for your on default settings (just PA installed NOTHING changed) or do you setup Poweramp somehow? If so, please specify or you can PM me your exported settings.

Thanks!

I've been getting the same problem last night on 801 too.

Details: Track plays, seems to remain in 'playing' status for slightly longer than the end-time of the track, and the counter goes up to one second over the total length of the track. About five seconds later I see a toast message saying "Failed to Play" and PA stops playback and the counter and seekbar return to zero at the start of the current track. Pressing Play again restarts the current track. using Next Track moves on the the following track fine, so there would appear to be nothing wrong with the actual files. I'll do some tests and see if it was related to the Sleep Timer being active, as I don't recall it happening during the day (could be wrong there though). 

Andre

Same thing for me after the last 2 updates track autoswitch stopped to work. Sometimes it works and in most cases does not. Very annoying, btw, each time I have to switch to the next track manually. Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus, Android 8.1. Did not work even after completely re-installing! 

3 hours ago, andrewilley said:

I've been trying to track down what circumstances cause this as I see it randomly too, but other than anecdotally that I notice it more at night (listening on wired headphones, with Sleep Timer ticked to play last song to end) I can't reliably reproduce it.

Andre

I have not been able to reproduce it without wireless headphones so far. Using Hi-Res setting increases the chances for me, but disabling it does not mean it won't happen at all.

This is caused by optimization introduced somewhere near 797, which, while may be useful in some cases, causes issue like this for some users. I can't reproduce it on my devices, I guess, due to most test devices being in "virgin" state (no apps, no Android or storage slowdowns, no tweaks).

Probably I will prepare private build for such users with the issue, as again, I can't be sure it's actually the issue I will be fixing))

I have the same problem this happens when I start a playback and I choose another song from the list That song at the moment of finishing does not change to the next song and the message "failed to play" appears, this only happens when playing with headphones or with a speaker in bt It does not happen the solution I found in hearing aids is to disconnect and reconnect them The playback starts and re-changes the songs automatically, my device is a Lg G6 with android oreo 8.0

IMG_20181023_143621_139.jpg

Archived