Go to solution Solved by andrewilley,

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Do you mean on the player screen?

I'm sorry I mean the shuffle button in the list / playlist / ... view. This is always a complete shuffle and I've to change it every time I shuffle a new playlist.

EDIT to make it more clear:
And I want if I click 'shuffle' on a playlist or album that only the current list is shuffeled and repeated. Right now the default is repeat list & shuffle everything and there seems no option to change it per default - I have to change it everytime I shuffle a new list.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/10/2018 at 12:43 PM, andrewilley said:

Change the Repeat mode (using the icon next to Shuffle) from 'Advance List' to 'Repeat Off'. You could use 'Repeat List' if you want to hear the same list again.

Andre

I don't see how the procedure above meets the request below. 

Rala wrote "It would be nice if this button shuffles only the current list and don't goes to the next list after that list." 

37 minutes ago, RBEmerson said:

How about "no repeat, repeat 1 track, repeat list, repeat scrambled list" (I guess "repeat scrambled track" is superfluous LOL). 

I know about this button.

That is not the point.

19 minutes ago, RBEmerson said:

I don't see how the procedure above meets the request below. 

Rala wrote "It would be nice if this button shuffles only the current list and don't goes to the next list after that list." 

The point is - in list views like playlist or album you can choose shuffle.

But if I press this button the shuffle mode is ALWAYS shuffle everything and not just the current list. the repeat mode is set to current list only but this doesn't help here I guess...

10 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

That's exactly what I described, you just turn the Repeat mode off so it does not advance to the next list after the current one is done.

Andre

I'm sorry if my wording is not 100% clear...

On 11/28/2018 at 1:59 PM, rala said:

well if I press the shuffle button now a toast is shown with the current shuffle mode...

I've searched for a setting but nothing found yet..

before the update the toast notification on the bottom was not shown.

since one of the last update there is one so I though a setting is there or will follow soon... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 hour ago, RBEmerson said:

As far as I can see, scramble within a list doesn't exist. 

There are multiple shuffle modes available, if you want to see the full list you can long-press on the Shuffle icon near the lower-left of the cover art on the player screen.  The mode you want in this case is the third one down, "Shuffle Songs" (aka "Shuffle Just Songs", which used to be called "Shuffle Songs, Lists in Order".

To confirm that you are in Playlist mode by the way, tap the metadata info line (near the bottom of the player screen) and see that the mode shows as PLAYLISTS with the current track number out of the total number of tracks in the list displayed.

Andre

No question about being in playlist mode, as confirmed by tapping the metadata. 

I think this thread is now almost completely related to "Shuffle on in currently playing playlist or queue". It's probably best, to avoid duplication, cross-posting, and general chaos, to stick with replies to that thread. [/ smile ]

• 7 months later...

I noticed there are now options for the shuffle button for library but not for playlist.

I'd like to shuffle my playlist - but always the category option is selected (too) and not just "shuffle titles".

8 hours ago, rala said:

I noticed there are now options for the shuffle button for library

Not sure what you mean by this? The shuffle buttons in the library views don't have any long-press options as far as I know?

So for Playlist shuffling, which mode would you like it to use? At present it shuffles the currently requested Playlist, then once all of the tracks in that playlist are finished (assuming your Repeat mode is set to Advance List) it will pick a new Playlist and shuffle-play all of the songs in that list, and so on until all Playlists have been played. What action would you wish it to take?

Andre

I didn't say sth about long press

If I use it it chooses the shuffle mode "titles and categories". My repeat mode is set to list but why is the shuffle mode not just only "titles" (the one in the middle)?

(I'm sorry my app is in German and I don't know how the entries are named in English)

32 minutes ago, rala said:

If I use it it chooses the shuffle mode "titles and categories". My repeat mode is set to list but why is the shuffle mode not just only "titles" (the one in the middle)?

Because that would result in shuffling the current list, then playback moving on to the next list IN ORDER (not a new random list) and then shuffling the songs in that list. It's just an operational decision, to make the ongoing shuffle process more random. Max has said in another thread that he may revisit the Shuffle feature in lists and add some optional choices to it at some point in the future. 

Andre

• 2 years later...
  • 9 months later...

Is it possible or planned to add this feature?

I want to shuffle just the songs in the current playlist / album.

Sorry, I don't really get if I'm really the only one who wants it or it is so hard to add. If you don't want to add it or it doesn't have priority it is sad but also fine for me. Just wondering that there are some improvements in this section and this topic is open since 2018 (and maybe also before).

I have several playlists or albums I like to hear but shuffled and right now j always have to click any song and then add shuffle manually. Like that the first song is never random.

Edited by rala

1 hour ago, rala said:

I want to shuffle just the songs in the current playlist / album.

Browse to the playlist you want to play. At the top, in the header, press the shuffle button. It will play all songs in the list randomly. If you don’t want to leave the list, or to repeat the list when all songs have played, you can change that in the repeat settings. This has been available for quite a long time.