Build 799 Bass is very distorted

//5

• Phone: OnePlus 3T
  • Build: 799 Beta
  • Headphones: JBL T450BT
  • Android version: Android 8.0
  • Settings: Default, it was a new download.
  • Root: Yes

I am having this one problem with the bass being extra distorted. But When I disable the tone feature on the equalizer menu it becomes normal again. I hope this gets fixed soon because it is very hard to listen to songs normally with such distorted bass. Im downgrading to the normal version for now. I Also tested this with another phone and another pair of headphones and the same problem occurred so it must be the apps fault.

Thank you for any help given.

On 10/11/2018 at 9:33 AM, andrewilley said:

In the EQ, make sure the Limiter is enabled. Also, if you tend to boost your bass levels, you might want to turn down the pre-amp gain first.

If your device supports high-res audio, try that too as it generally has more headroom.

Andre

I turned down the preamp and it worked but the strange part is that I kept all the settings the same throughout all the updates and only now when I updated to 799 the bass became distorted.

The limiter was enabled already. Thank you for the help

• 2 weeks later...

Have you been using the musicfx feature from the equalizer options? 

I have been noticing that when I plug in my headphones, I have to disable/enable musicfx few times until the playback starts to sound like it should. 

It happens immediately after I unplug and then plug my headphones, even if Poweramp is in front. 

So it is not something that only happens when Poweramp has been left in background or has been closed, but instead something that happens when you cycle your headphones in and out of the device. 

Just for a reference there is my phone model information and I use the built-in 3,55mm jack for my headphones. 

Screenshot_20181021-184310.png

Archived