Shuffling folders broken as of v799

miketunes

If you are using folder hierarchy - you can browse to a folder of singles and press the snuffle button and it will shuffle those songs.  However if you browse to folder containing subfolders, it will only play the 1st subfolder, not shuffle all of them as intented.  For example, in this screen shot - pressing the shuffle icon should randomly play those 5 subdirectories, but it only plays Ballyhoo, then jumps to a unrelated folder.  It seem this bug has been in all the recent betas, as of 799 it still exists.  
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Vv4dJjHcpwPwL6wH7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 10/20/2018 at 9:48 AM, maxmp said:

It was broken in 799 due to folders hierarchy sorting issue. To make hierarchy shuffle work again please do a Full Rescan (so sorting is updated in the DB).

Thanks!

It looks like it's still broken in build 809, should I try an earlier 80x build?  

12 hours ago, miketunes said:

It looks like it's still broken in build 809, should I try an earlier 80x build?  

Folders and Folders Hierarchy have both been working fine for the last few builds, and are fine in 809 too. If you still have problems after doing a Full Rescan, please could you explain what is happening for you?

Andre

7 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Folders and Folders Hierarchy have both been working fine for the last few builds, and are fine in 809 too. If you still have problems after doing a Full Rescan, please could you explain what is happening for you?

Andre

I did do a full rescan and it didn't help.
Here's a video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/uauxqkp3f5y96s2/20181120_131257.mp4?dl=0

I open Poweramp
open folder hierarchy
browse to mp3s cds > Beach

There are 6 sub-directories of beach, if I press the green shuffle button it should randomly play through them.
Instead it just plays thorough the Supervillians folder, then onto the other folders

But both Supervilians folder and the next one (The dirty heads) are in that top folder where you clicked shuffle.

It works this way:

- plays shuffled songs from current folder (if any)

- plays shuffled songs from random next folder within whole hierarchy of given folder (the one you press shuffle header button in)

7 minutes ago, maxmp said:

But both Supervilians folder and the next one (The dirty heads) are in that top folder where you clicked shuffle.

It works this way:

- plays shuffled songs from current folder (if any)

- plays shuffled songs from random next folder within whole hierarchy of given folder (the one you press shuffle header button in)

So if I 'm understanding correctly, it picks a random subfolder to play (assuming current folder is empty) , but not random songs from of all the subfolders?
Is there no longer a way to play shuffled songs in subfolders with the new version?  On the old one I would just long press the root folder, hit shuffle, and it would do it.   I thought the green shuffle button replaced that.  

The mode is shuffle lists / shuffle songs. Thus folders and songs are shuffled, but it will play the random folder shuffled songs first, then the next random folder shuffled songs, etc. What you're requesting as sort of additional shuffle mode for that in-folder shuffle button - additional modes are planned for it.

Archived