Darkwhite and Blacklight Poweramp V3 Skins and future plans!

minar

On 11/5/2018 at 1:56 PM, Mr. Make Believe said:

@gcantoni

- Add the feature that makes it possible to remove/move the boxes from the album art with song, artist and album info. 

Anyway, thnx!  

@gcantoni

Ok, been using the skin a lot lately and really like it since you can make it look really clean. 

Now about the remove/move the boxes from the album art, maybe it's better to add a feature with which you can set transparency to the boxes. Moving the boxes will result in a different layout and I'm not sure if making the wave seek bar smaller makes it look better. Removing the boxes will results in problems with white text on white album art. So setting transparency will result in seeing both the text in the boxes and the album art without changing the layout. Is this possible? ?

Another idea that could work is adding a feature to move track info beneath the album art and remove the artist and album info. The artist and album is mentioned on the cover most of the time in which case that info doesn't add anything relevant. By showing just the track info moving it from the album art doesn't effect the layout much while it results in nice clean album art and all the info is there.

About the play button I mentioned earlier, just some screenshots to let you see what I mean. It's s matter of taste, I know... But the size, colour and form of the play button just looks off..

Screenshot_2018-11-09-14-39-49.jpg

Screenshot_2018-11-09-14-38-54.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Matinul Haque said:

Tnx guys, very good skins. But the volume ratio digit,  and bass, treble ratio digits are overlapping with other letters. Pls see this.

IMG_20181117_024230.jpg

IMG_20181117_024334.jpg

I'm not sure but this seems to be the font of your device. If your device is able to change the font, please change the font of the device and then see the result. This problem can not be from the program or the theme.

Just tried the material 2 but what puts me off from using it as a daily, is the color on the slider on the right, when I'm in album view the whole length of the scroll slider on the right is brightly colored, would prefer if it was reversed to how the color is implemented on the slider, where you touch to slide should be the brightest part and the length of slider track should be the more muted darker part.

13 hours ago, Mrmahdi said:

I'm not sure but this seems to be the font of your device. If your device is able to change the font, please change the font of the device and then see the result. This problem can not be from the program or the theme.

Sorry sir,  I changed the font,  but the problem still there.. 😣

51 minutes ago, Matinul Haque said:

Sorry sir,  I changed the font,  but the problem still there.. 😣

This is pretty weird, I suggest you to back up the program information, then clear the application data and return the device font by default and restart your device once. I hope your problem will be fixed. If you do not see it, please inform me (maxmp), but I do not think this. The case is related to the program unless you use the ROM ROM, which can be a problem with the CASTOM ROM.

On 11/16/2018 at 3:00 PM, Mr. Make Believe said:

@minar Hi Minar. Finally found the time to make a small mockup of how you could make the skin even more minimalistic and even more beautiful, to my taste at least ☺️

Is something like this possible?

Poweramp mock up.jpg

Yep, it should be possible. Not easy for sure, but possible! It's a very nice concept! Thanks!

I downloaded the material 2 again to see if it's changed, when I disable blur with the alternative layout, the album title returns to over the top of the album art, also I really think you have applied the color in the wrong place with the right hand verticle scroll slider, the toggle where you place your finger should have the color more prominent than the track, you have it reversed.

1 hour ago, pauldamo said:

I downloaded the material 2 again to see if it's changed, when I disable blur with the alternative layout, the album title returns to over the top of the album art

Same with Blacklight skin... That kept me from using 3rd party skins except for Andrew0's and RznNike's.

1 hour ago, nul said:

Nice looking skins minar but is there any chance you will make them available for purchase directly (or through another channel), for those of us who do not use the play store?

Well we'd be glad to do it, but what channels could we use?

@pauldamo @invaderzim both those things you mentioned are in the todo list. Fun fact: we don't know why disabling the blur modify the layout! Of course we will fix them in every skin, just be patient ;)

On 11/19/2018 at 3:59 AM, minar said:

Well we'd be glad to do it, but what channels could we use?

@pauldamo @invaderzim both those things you mentioned are in the todo list. Fun fact: we don't know why disabling the blur modify the layout! Of course we will fix them in every skin, just be patient ;)

Thanks for fixing the verticle scroll bar, and the bronze color is cool,just noticed that the no blur setting changes the layout.

Screenshot_20181122-101015_Poweramp.jpg

Screenshot_20181122-101044_Poweramp.jpg

On 11/18/2018 at 8:13 PM, nul said:

Payment directly to you preferably but there are alternative app stores like Aptoide, Amazon, Slideme...

I'm on the same boat. No google bloats here.

I would happily buy your skin if it were available to purchase outside of Google play store.

Some small suggestions for Material2 skin:

- Can we have an option with smaller buttons (play/pause, previous/next,..)?

- Please add abilities to disable those black background on track info and various elements of the playing screen. It looks horrible, especially on Alt light layout. To solve the problem with white font on white background, maybe we can have black font (or better: user can chose a font color).

- And can we disable the round black circle around the buttons?

- Can we have blur (album art) without blur background on other elements of the playing screen (navigation bar, repeat/shuffle/timer... buttons)?

- When browsing queue list, the minimized playing area (the area where we can touch to come back to the playing screen) have the same background as the list, which makes it difficult to distinguish. We can make that area look slightly different (color?).

And sorry for my English.

8 hours ago, natsume said:

- Please add abilities to disable those black background on track info and various elements of the playing screen. It looks horrible, especially on Alt light layout. To solve the problem with white font on white background, maybe we can have black font (or better: user can chose a font color).

- Can we have blur (album art) without blur background on other elements of the playing screen (navigation bar, repeat/shuffle/timer... buttons)?

- When browsing queue list, the minimized playing area (the area where we can touch to come back to the playing screen) have the same background as the list, which makes it difficult to distinguish. We can make that area look slightly different (color?).

And sorry for my English.

Seconding the blur and the mini player background question. 

Also, in the Material Dark color, the currently playing item in the list view almost impossible to distinguish as well. The color is almost the same as the rest of the items in the list. It would be awesome to highlight it better.

Otherwise, amazing skin. Great work. Thank you. 

9 hours ago, natsume said:

@minar I gave Material2 another chance and I strongly seconded the above requests/suggestions plus have an option to choose wave seek bar with pro buttons which will disable the static seek bar (straight line). This will be perfect for us who continuously gets an overlapped seek bar on the play/pause button. This has been a working option by another skin author and I know you are reading the Skin and Themes subforum.

Another fix is to remove the black circles in the control. This has already been done with another skin. 

See image below.

Screenshot_20181124-232313.jpg

Grabbed the Material skin and I'm loving it so far. It's exactly the kind of minimalist style I wanted right now.

The only two issues I have with it are

1. I'd really like a choice of a static wave seekbar, like in the stock themes. I like seeing the entire track and quickly being able to go to a specific time without having to drag along a zoomed-in wave.
  2. When paused, the "Play" button is still a big, fat circular button. Would be nice to see it slimmed down to match the smaller pause button that overlays the waveform.

Other than those minor things I'm well chuffed so far. Keep up the great work!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@minar thnx for updating the skin! Good to know your still developing it. It's appreciated! Awesome that you are still looking into adding an alternative play button.

I'm having some trouble with the alternative layout though. See the attached image. Info about the screen size of my device is also added.

Maybe it's possible to add an option to remove the artist and album info so less space is needed to just show the song info? @flyingdutchman manage to fix this with his yaps skin.

Removing the boxes behind text and buttons would also help.

Anyway, thnx!

Screenshot_2019-01-11-15-11-36.jpg

Screenshot_2019-01-04-18-06-32.jpg

Archived