Poweramp Build 799 (Release Candidate)

maxmp

On 10/5/2018 at 3:31 AM, maxmp said:

Poweramp-rc-build-799-uni.apk

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.maxmpz.audioplayer

RC Build 799:
• 799: fixed Stop
• 799: swapped Artist <-> Album labels
• 799: fixed crash due to bad zoom (Android 9.0)
• 799: Album Art downloading logic update
• rating is shown in almost all categories (not shown in Queue, Most Played)
• long press on miniplayer brings current category / track • lists follow current playing track
• improved seek for mp3 files with large embed cover. You may need to do a full rescan for the waveseek to update
• Genres are not split on single / anymore (split on ; and //). You may need to do a full rescan for this to apply
• added Look and Feel / Notifications / (Always) Keep Notification options
• added Album Art / Send High Resolution Album Art. When enabled, high resolution images are sent to Android lock screen, widgets, Media Session API
• added sort by last played time
• added help hints
• Poweramp will try to return to the next track from Queue
• Poweramp API improvements
• fixed Send menu item not always visible on some devices
• fixed issue with pause/resume cycles and track not auto-advancing
• fixed notification pause/resume button state on some devices
• fixed scrobbling via Simple Last.FM Scrobbler
• fixed miniplayer de-sync after some rescans
• fixed crash with Lock Screen / Show Default Image enabled
• few other bug fixes and small improvements

2 issues experienced today on Samsung S7

- trying to start song, stops after 1 sec or so. could be repeated endlessly. Stop/start of app didn't help, worked again after reboot of phone.

- no sound. Stop/start of app didn't help, worked again after reboot of phone.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, luv4metalcore said:

I think Poweramp has a limit of how many songs can be scanned on last few releases.

No, that shouldn't be the case, there is no practical limit (although the more files you have, the longer scanning will take).

I think it is related to specific files not scanning properly (special characters in tags or filenames for example). The problem is that it's hard to spot which ones are missing from the Library with that many songs. 

Andre

Too many bugs in this version. Reverted back to 795. 

Yesterday and today I had the player on most of the day through Bluetooth.  Randomly playback would stop and jump to the second song on the playlist. None of these appeared to be notification related. 797 would send me back to song one after receiving any notification. 

Also Poweramp keeps wiping out my external m3u playlist. I usually listen to a "new.m3u" playlist most of the time but I have other playlists so it clearly only wipes out the one you're currently playing. I can't go a full week on any of the V3 updates before it wipes out my playlist and it say 0 tracks and then dissapears. I have to re-sync it to the phone before it will work again even though I can see it use a file program and it shows 0 bytes. I also noticed you have to send files first and let Poweramp scan/update the library before you send the m3u playlists. If you send the playlist first it will never update with the missing songs no matter how many times you rescan or full rescan.

Oneplus 6 Oreo

After switching to hi res output, sound is routed to the speaker. Output opensl es works fine.

If I play songs from speaker, whatsapp notifications sounds are loud as normal but when I connect a bluetooth adapter to my car (it hasn't bluetooth but has a line in) notification are very very low. PA ducks but notification sound is very hard to hear.

Problem with folder hierarchy. Not in alphabetic order. 3 new folders added tonight and they are on top of the list.

Thanks to Max for the work he's doing

2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

No, that shouldn't be the case, there is no practical limit (although the more files you have, the longer scanning will take).

I think it is related to specific files not scanning properly (special characters in tags or filenames for example). The problem is that it's hard to spot which ones are missing from the Library with that many songs. 

Andre

I am using MP3Val front end to scan for problems, and now it is fixing them automatically. Hope it does the trick.

2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Yeah, I agree. I've seen that before.

I was curious so I checked my library. I found a few files (less than 10 out of 12k) where Poweramp was unable to properly parse the length. It then excluded them as too short based on my setting for excluding songs less than 6 seconds.

For anyone missing files, it's worth setting that option to include all tracks to see if the missing tracks show up.

As far as finding missing files, I used a few commands in a terminal (I use termux, but I believe the built-in commands should work as well).  Here's a quick overview of the process I used.

First I created a playlist of all tracks in Poweramp via Library -> All Songs, select all, add to playlist. Then I exported that playlist.

Next, generate a list of all music files on the sdcard (add/adjust paths if you have music in other locations):

find /storage/emulated/0/Music/ -name '*.mp3' -o -name '*.m4a' -o -name '*.mp4' | sort -u > all-files

Then sort and filter the output of the exported Poweramp playlist:

sort -u /storage/emulated/0/Playlists/all.m3u8 | grep /storage/emulated/0/Music/ | dos2unix > all-Poweramp

Finally, list files on the sdcard and not in Poweramp library:

diff -u all-{Poweramp,files} | grep ^+/ | sed 's,^+,,' | sort -u

Maybe this will be helpful to someone else. At the least, it helped me find a few odd mp3's and confirm that Poweramp had done pretty well parsing my reasonably large pile of music.

On 10/8/2018 at 11:53 AM, djdarko said:

I think we might have good news regarding V3 skins. IKOROLKOV just set a bunch of his Poweramp V2 paid skins to free download. I hope this is an indicator that he's going to release for V3.

To follow up on this:

I asked Ikorolkov about it, and unfortunately, he told me that he has no plans of making skins for Poweramp V3.

?

8 hours ago, tmz said:

For anyone missing files, it's worth setting that option to include all tracks to see if the missing tracks show up.

[...]

First I created a playlist of all tracks in Poweramp via Library -> All Songs, select all, add to playlist. Then I exported that playlist.

Two very good tips there, especially creating an All Songs playlist and exporting it to M3U to get a text file of everything that PA has scanned. Sort that by path and it then becomes an easy job to compare it to a full directory tree text output.

Andre

On 10/6/2018 at 2:09 AM, andrewilley said:

Did you bother to actually look at the app before ranting? Folders Hierarchy display is still available via the Library Categories list (just as in PA v2, it's optional - choose whichever mode you prefer). 

Andre

it is, and it does not work like it used to!! it's a complete mess now from my point of view. been strugling for quite some time with it. not ranting. stating the facts! it's not the app I paid for, and it's not like it used to be. it became unusable for my daily basis and using an old unfinished build is not a resolution either. so stop harrasing me.
good luck with your product..

I'm off for good. just got back to turn off all notifications. please delete my account and ban me. f****n low IQ individuals on this forum jumping from all sides on me.

3 hours ago, Kidsnd274 said:

Have been getting an error when playing a playlist and shuffling. After a track finishes, it doesn't go to the next one and just gets stuck. Poweramp pops this error up.

The track in the photo is the last played song.Screenshot_2018-10-10-18-29-54.thumb.png.e98d31f0196dc75e67885f1458cac8b6.png

Same here since  build 798

It would be worthwhile to implement a list based bookmark feature for audiobooks.

Pressing the bookmark icon to the right of the "select" button in the list would activate the feature. Poweramp would update the bookmark file with every five minutes of progress and whenever the player is paused/interrupted. Returning to the list, you'd be asked to continue from your bookmark. Selecting "yes" would auto-play from your stopping point. Selecting "no" would overwrite the file. Deactivating the bookmark would erase the file.

bookmark.thumb.png.988cdc7b72ac36f4067a11d782def5ba.png

4 minutes ago, djdarko said:

It would be worthwhile to implement a list based bookmark feature for audiobooks.

Pressing the bookmark icon to the right of the "select" button in the list would activate the feature. Poweramp would update the bookmark file with every five minutes of progress and whenever the player is paused/interrupted. Returning to the list, you'd be asked to continue from your bookmark. Selecting "yes" would auto-play from your stopping point. Selecting "no" would overwrite the file. Deactivating the bookmark would erase the file.

bookmark.thumb.png.988cdc7b72ac36f4067a11d782def5ba.png

I don't use audiobooks, but this is for sure a great idea

+1

22 hours ago, Absinthequ said:

Too many bugs in this version. Reverted back to 795. 

how you reverted back to 795? uninstall the app first? because when I try to install previous version over v799 it said package damage. I try install 2 version (797 & 798) both failed.

On 10/5/2018 at 7:01 AM, maxmp said:

Poweramp-rc-build-799-uni.apk

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.maxmpz.audioplayer

RC Build 799:
• 799: fixed Stop
• 799: swapped Artist <-> Album labels
• 799: fixed crash due to bad zoom (Android 9.0)
• 799: Album Art downloading logic update
• rating is shown in almost all categories (not shown in Queue, Most Played)
• long press on miniplayer brings current category / track • lists follow current playing track
• improved seek for mp3 files with large embed cover. You may need to do a full rescan for the waveseek to update
• Genres are not split on single / anymore (split on ; and //). You may need to do a full rescan for this to apply
• added Look and Feel / Notifications / (Always) Keep Notification options
• added Album Art / Send High Resolution Album Art. When enabled, high resolution images are sent to Android lock screen, widgets, Media Session API
• added sort by last played time
• added help hints
• Poweramp will try to return to the next track from Queue
• Poweramp API improvements
• fixed Send menu item not always visible on some devices
• fixed issue with pause/resume cycles and track not auto-advancing
• fixed notification pause/resume button state on some devices
• fixed scrobbling via Simple Last.FM Scrobbler
• fixed miniplayer de-sync after some rescans
• fixed crash with Lock Screen / Show Default Image enabled
• few other bug fixes and small improvements

Seems You're working on Alpha builds these days. That's Good news, But, fix MusicFx crash on long pressing MusicFx option first, later all others. I am uninstalling it, checking whether there is an update or not if yes, Download it again check for MusixFx to work, as usual it won't work. disappointment, Uninstall it again. Seems like I bought this app only for that only and can't live without that. Can you do something in next update. Don't forget me and For all other bass lovers. Do it.

Device is Mi A1 is running on Stock Oreo 8.1(not rooted)

I guess the best way to find out what mp3s are bad is add one artist discography at a time until I find out which are not getting recognized by Poweramp. Kind of sucks but should let me figure it out easier than all that I tried. I pretty much tried everything and still does not recognize all tracks. So I will just add one artist discography a day until I find out what is the mp3s causing the not showing up on Poweramp.

Edit: Changed my mind. Doing it by alphabet. Starting with A and B, then go from there. Such a large collection to make sure everything is working right. Took all out of MusicBee and just readd them to MusicBee when I am going to sync to phone. Annoying to have to do all this to make sure what is going on.

Just to ask all Oreo user,  did you all need to disable the Direct volume control  (DVC) to avoid the bad quality sound (too much bass so that the sound is "breaking' ) and  set the Replay Gain to more the -10dB  (say -15 dB) to avoid the breaking sound?

My device is LG Q6+ , Poweramp worked fine in 7.1.1 previously, but it have serious sound problem after upgraded to Oreo 8.10.

Thanks for reply.

Archived