Poweramp Build 799 (Release Candidate)

maxmp

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/6/2018 at 9:51 PM, SpannerWZ said:

Another thing is that there is no way to know in what playlist im in in the songs list and i any place on the main player screen, even in the playlist screen there is no highlight on the playlist currently playing

What skin are you using? It's highlighting here.

3 hours ago, SpannerWZ said:

Another thing is that there is no way to know in what playlist im in in the songs list and i any place on the main player screen, even in the playlist screen there is no highlight on the playlist currently playing

I wondered if it was in the meta tags at the bottom of the screen, but I've cycled through them all and the playlist name is not shown. And as you say, in the songs view it just shows "Playlist" at the top, not the list title. Maybe Max can add that at some point.

Andre

13 hours ago, SynekPablo said:

I have a little problem when playing over Bluetooth. 

And I use a Fiio BTR3 coupled to my headphones. 

The problem is that the sound always distorts and briefly interrupts and so the music listening is no Fun. 

There are no connection problems with neutron, but there are persistent connection problems with Poweramp. 

Can someone give me some tips on how to fix this? 

Go to settings/audio/output/OpenSL Es output and click the settings button next to Bluetooth. Go to buffer size and increase them. If that doesn't work you can use "audiotrack output" instead of "OpenSL Es output" and it will get rid of it.

i have a problem, i was listening to a playlist (.m3u8), after i plug in my headset then continue the playlist. the song stop, then i got kicked from the now playing screen to library, and the now played song changed to another song. when i check my playlists, the one i listen to earlier is gone, but when i check it on file manager, the file is there. i already restart my phone, clear app cache, data, and also reinstalling the app. the playlist that was gone in Poweramp still gone.

"Album Artist" tag creating some chaos. Part of this taps into what someone else said in a previous post in this topic.

Originally I tried it both ways. I first tested with "Artist: Various Artists" and named the "Album Artist" what the artist really was. This creates so much chaos in the library menus it's just not a good idea. So then I reversed it so it's "Album Artist: Various Artists" and "Artist" name is what it is. It creates far less chaos but hard to see which artist is which song in playlists.

First (which is the most important): When viewing the library under "Album Artists" you need to see the "Artist" tag instead of "Album Artist" tag when you click on the album to view song lists and when playing the song. Otherwise you have no idea who sings each song. This fix would make it great for organizing solo albums, band albums, and side projects all in one artist group and being able to see which project is which also. You really don't need to see the "album artist" tag displayed here anyways, this is used mostly to group albums together. See screenshots below (you can see you have no idea who sings each song without "Artist" tag being displayed. You only see "Album Artist" which here is "Various Artists". You can see in my third screenshot how they are tagged for "Artist") ?

Screenshot_20181007-092747.thumb.png.47ce780715bf419adb55deea38f4d612.pngScreenshot_20181007-094741.thumb.png.d54d6adb758ceac5249b8211c82bca11.png

Second;  When viewing the library "Albums" you get the album listed by multiple artists. Not a big deal, but a lot to scroll through. "Join Albums" needs to work here also, Although that needs to have some kind of +Year rule applied, Otherwise every artist with the common album titles would join, like "Selftitled,' "Greatest Hits", etc. The only good thing here is you can actually see the "Artist" tag instead of the "Album Artist" tag. So you can distinguish who did each song. I think the only time you need to see the "Album Artist" tag in Poweramp, is when you're scrolling the library in "Album Artists" and you click the artist to see the albums listed. Once you click on an album you should see the "Artist" tag for each song and also when playing the song.

Screenshot_20181007-092946.thumb.png.c61d7190cc325e61740938a5f42308d0.png

There was a couple other random things like Various Artist tags would automatically download random artist and album art but that's easily changed in the menu so it's not really an issue.

The "Artist" tag shown under "Album Artists" playlists and during playback is really the only one I think absolutely NEEDS a fix.

I have noticed it shows the correct info in the widget:

Screenshot_20181007-101639.thumb.png.cbd3f8e1b060fbef5d63cbe68b15baf4.png

I got an issue in the new build. 

When i start the player and play a song from a Playlist, it plays it maybe 30 seconds and switch then to the first song in the Playlist and continue playing at the same spot where the other song stops. 

I'm using a galaxy s8 from Samsung with Android 8.0.0

Thanks for your work @maxmp

Poweramp Lock Screen still takes me to where I left off in Poweramp, When I hit the home icon then it takes me to lock screen with no Poweramp controls. I noticed android lock player works only after it auto advances from the song playing during the screen shutting off. It never works on that song playing during screen shutting off even if the song is super long and you wait 5+ minutes to turn the screen back on. Not sure if that part is android or Poweramp's doing.

sony xperia z5 compact

What I think is weird, is that even if u switch from one track to another which have the same album cover, the colour scheme in the notification is different sometimes. I know such stuff doesn't have high priority and it shouldn't, but maybe if u have some time left after fixing the important stuff (like opensl hires output via headphone jack on my OnePlus One running Pie) u could take a look at this..

IMG_20181007_174907_242.jpg

IMG_20181007_174905_008.jpg

2 hours ago, McFit said:

I got an issue in the new build. 

When i start the player and play a song from a Playlist, it plays it maybe 30 seconds and switch then to the first song in the Playlist and continue playing at the same spot where the other song stops. 

I'm using a galaxy s8 from Samsung with Android 8.0.0

Thanks for your work max. 

that's the issue I'm having.   it's so weird.   It happens everytime the bluetooth connects.   not sure if it's just bluetooth.  

2 hours ago, LPW00 said:

What I think is weird, is that even if u switch from one track to another which have the same album cover, the colour scheme in the notification is different sometimes. I know such stuff doesn't have high priority and it shouldn't, but maybe if u have some time left after fixing the important stuff (like opensl hires output via headphone jack on my OnePlus One running Pie) u could take a look at this..

IMG_20181007_174907_242.jpg

IMG_20181007_174905_008.jpg

Does that colour scheme notif works only on android pie?

Really bad bug in this version:  it doesn't pause when using Navigation (i.e. google maps).  Wife was driving, and I was futzing around with the player, and I tried every combination and permutation of the "change focus" controls, and it would not work at all.  The music kept playing, way louder than the navigation lady, and I could not hear what she was saying.  Wife made me turn off the music altogether, which is the worst possible outcome on a long trip.

Of course this is on top of the bugs that I posted about before, none of which are corrected.  Maybe they are personal to me, but they bother me.  (E.g., "shuffle songs in the list" should be the default when playing the list, and should be depicted only by the icon with the three rectangles to the left of the crossed arrows and with no other icon, particularly not icons that mean something else in other contexts).

But I have to say: if navigation isn't fixed, for me that's the breaking point.  I would absolutely need a different player, for car trips.

thank you kindly.

Update: Confirmed 797 does not have the folder hierarchy sorting issue. Everything is alphabetized as it should be, though there is no proper option to set any sorting for the folder structure at all. I think i'll post in the thread for wanted features about this specifically.

45 minutes ago, nooblit said:

thank you kindly.

Update: Confirmed 797 does not have the folder hierarchy sorting issue. Everything is alphabetized as it should be, though there is no proper option to set any sorting for the folder structure at all. I think i'll post in the thread for wanted features about this specifically.

So far the best, this is version 797. Max broke in new versions for clean sorting. It seems to me that the interface is debugged, here you need to deal with problems on the Android Pie

Album art still not showing in android auto plugins, does anything changed in the SDK or is it a bug? It was fine with 709, and as far as I remember it was working in 790 and 793, but I'm not fully certain about the latter two.

Archived