Album art issue

Semx11

Hello,

I'm running into an issue with the beta that I haven't had before.

I have a directory of 46 songs, mp3 format. All songs belong to the same album, and have the same album name. They are properly numbered 1 through 46. Every song has a unique title. Each individual song has it's own embedded album art, 600x600 png. There are no other image files present in the folder where these songs are located.

Today, I tried to change the album art of a single song. I selected the song, pressed "Album Art", and picked an image from my gallery. When I changed it, it changed the album art of all the songs in that album. When I look at every single song and look at the "Album Art" option, each one still has the proper embedded art inside it file. Selecting the right image again changes the cover art for every song in that album.

I tried resetting the album art cache, doing a full rescan, restarting Poweramp, restarting my phone, copying all the songs from my Android phone onto my PC and copying it back, etc. (When I look at the songs on my PC, each one has the correct cover image).

How do I reset the album art in Poweramp that it always shows the embedded image, and not some thing I once selected?

Thanks,

Sem

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@clever_man yes, each individual song shows a 600x600 image and it says "Embed album art" under it. The "Embed album art" is different for each song. But when I select it for that song, it changes the album art for all the songs in that album. But before I tried changing one of them, all songs had their unique and original cover art.

@andrewilley I tried doing that, but it still changes the cover of every song in the album. It's kind of weird ?

And if that was a long-requested feature, I can't find a toggle for it. Perhaps it is a bug? I didn't think it would be, because it worked properly before I changed any cover.

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have the exact same problem. An album with 212 songs, each song has its own embedded album art. But it applies the album art of one of the songs to every song on the album, and when I change it to the right album art for one song, it changes all the songs to that same album art. Any solution to this yet?

Found the solution in another thread:

"Album Art" means art for the album. If you don't want that but have already seleted one, go to the following directory

/Android/data/_com .maxmpz.audioplayer /selected_aa

and remove the file for the album.

This works. Just delete the jpg for the album in that folder.

1 hour ago, Daniel Knoll said:

Found the solution in another thread:

"Album Art" means art for the album. If you don't want that but have already seleted one, go to the following directory

/Android/data/_com .maxmpz.audioplayer /selected_aa

and remove the file for the album.

This works. Just delete the jpg for the album in that folder.

Thank you so much, this fixed my issue!

17 hours ago, maxmp said:

@Semx11 album art is per album. Poweramp will set per-track cover for singles only (tracks missing album tag). Thanks!

I understand, but gladly I was able to reset it to a different image per track in the same album through the above method. Perhaps it could be made more clear that this is possible, possibly through a "reset selected album art" button?

• 1 month later...

This needs sorting I have hundreds of podcast files from the same providers so the albums are set to them but the embedded images usually has who's presenting the show as well as other details like guests, episode numbers or dates, surely if a file has embedded art it should respect that above all else

9 hours ago, loggin said:

surely if a file has embedded art it should respect that above all else

I think this came about as a result of people complaining that when they updated one track of an album it did not update all the other songs in the same album. Just can't win I guess. Making it (another!) option might help though.

Andre

I come across the problem for album art update which is opposite to the one above.  When I tried to update the album art, it only updates the first song.  The rest of the songs are still without album art.  So, I can only update the album art for each songs one by one.  That's really tedious.  Please advise how to update one album art for all songs in a album.

4 hours ago, Skanps said:

I come across the problem for album art update which is opposite to the one above.  When I tried to update the album art, it only updates the first song.  The rest of the songs are still without album art.  So, I can only update the album art for each songs one by one.  That's really tedious.  Please advise how to update one album art for all songs in a album.

I use mp3tag on my PC. It allows you to choose as many tracks as you like to embed the same album art in. Using it at the moment coincidentally ....

8 hours ago, Skanps said:

So, I can only update the album art for each songs one by one.  That's really tedious.  Please advise how to update one album art for all songs in a album.

You can place the album art in the album folder as a stand alone file, something like "Folder.jpg" and it will show up for all songs in the album. This also reduces storage space required on your device as there's only a single album art per album.

And yes, MP3Tag on a PC can add album to all tracks in an album as a single operation.

• 9 months later...

I had the same problem. I had an sd card with 2000+ songs. Their was a copy of the image saved in the same folder of my songs. (Might be in different folder) Once i deleted, all the album art updated. Hope this helps

• 5 months later...

I have the same problem, I have folders with more than 200 songs by different artists and the album cover is obviously not the same. Would it be possible to associate the music file with the image of the same name? example song1.mp3 walks song1.jpg for album cover?

i have an album "Bird Sounds" for all the bird sounds on my phone that i use when trying to bird watch.   each species of birds have their own embedded album covers.   if for some reason it gets changed in Poweramp then it will be an issue if it changes it for 80 or more sounds.   then it would show the wrong cover for the species.  

4 hours ago, John Mad said:

Would it be possible to associate the music file with the image of the same name? example song1.mp3 walks song1.jpg for album cover?

Obviously the best long-term solution would be to embed the correct artwork into each audio file in the first place. However you could also look in /Android/data/_com.maxmpz.audioplayer/album_art/ which is where PA caches its downloaded cover artwork images. The filename format is  %artist% - %title%.jpg  or  %artist% - %album%.jpg  (with any special characters replaced with underscores). The folder selected_aa/ is similar, but for manually selected artwork.

For more info on the selection process, see 

Andre

Hi @andrewilley ,
thank you very much for your explanations and indication of the text with the detailed explanation of how the Poweramp acts in the selection of the album cover images, this will help me a lot for the task that I was doing before selecting one by one song. I understand that the covers are for albums and not for songs, but to use in the headunit car it is very cool to have an image for each song.

😀 thanks

sorry for the bad english, it was translated from portuguese by google

• 1 year later...