Poweramp (797) Car Steering Wheel Controls No Longer Work After Update

KoolMoeDe

I ask another thing, if is the wrong place, please tell where I have to ask.

When the song is playing, if I switch off the HU (from the key) and it's like it go in standby, I have 2 different behavior:

If I'm in the Poweramp app, when I switch it on, music keep playing.

If I'm in the Agama launcher, the music go in pause and when I switch it on the music don't keep going play (this ROM has the option to not kill the app working before the sleep).

I tried several audio focus combination, but nothing.

There is an option I'm missing?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is the playback position saved when the HU shuts down in the launcher? You could try Settings > Audio > Audio Focus > Resume on Start, but that would cause playback to always start when PA is launched, which may not be what you want.

Andre

Resume on Start, this option is enabled and I like it.

For the playback position option saved when HU shuts down, I have no way to choose.

I tried with the stock launcher too and it do the same.

I was asking whether the position was being stored correctly. If PA is shut down correctly then it should remember the last-played track, and also its position, so it can resume when restarted. Some head units don't give PA time to do this though, so I was checking if that was working for you.

Andre

Regarding the original topic of this thread (sorry to derail);

So am I reading this situation correctly?

I'm currently in the process of searching for a new music player app for a new phone, and I've encountered this issue with my wireless earbuds.

From what I've been able to gather from google, this is an issue that has been discussed at various lengths and in multiple contexts for at least two years now. And in every single instance, I've seen the same response: "Every other media player that exists is doing it wrong by providing an implementation which anticipates and supports these non-compliant devices. We, on the other hand, are doing it right, by not providing said implementation."

At this point, I can't really tell if the developers either can't or won't fix this issue (definition of fix being debatable here, as Andre has been suggesting the "add an option" solution for an equally long time). But surely they should have become aware of it by now?

And it's a shame, really, because this app, by and far, is the best, most feature complete music player that I have come across yet. It does just about everything I could possibly ask for, and I was prepared to pay for premium as well. But instead it seems I'll have to look elsewhere.

I just find it baffling, though, that the developers would rather opt not to support thousands, if not millions, of different devices for the sake of implementation correctness. Instead, the implied solution here is to "buy a device that sends the right commands." I'm annoyed by this, and my earbuds only cost $70. I can only imagine how the person with a $20,000+ car that doesn't work with this app must feel. 😂 

@Jnk1296 Could you describe exactly what problem are you experiencing, as this thread has meandered a little over time...

If it's to do with headset or Bluetooth buttons being misinterpreted, could you have a look to see what Settings > Headset/Bluetooth > Last Processed Commands displays when you press each button on your external device?

Andre

... Okay, I'm sorry for that rant. And apparently I'll need help pulling my foot out of my mouth, now.

For several hours yesterday I fought with this issue, being that the only command Poweramp was receiving from my device was android.intent.action.MEDIA_BUTTON KEYCODE_MEDIA_PAUSE. Either ACTION_UP or ACTION_DOWN.

But I went to recreate the issue to supply you a log... and now it's working properly and receiving both play and pause commands? o.O Maybe the devices needed a reboot or something?

Sorry, again.

Did you unpair and re-pair the Bluetooth link by any chance? Sometimes that helps, especially after Android (or even PA) updates. Or even changing the output method being used for BT is worth a try. Glad you got it working now anyway.

I think there are still some devices in the wild that do send just KEYCODE_MEDIA_PAUSE though, and while PA is completely correct in interpreting that event as a command to PAUSE, (not as one to start playback) I still wonder if it might help users to create an optional workaround to force PAUSE commands to be interpreted as a toggle (like PLAY_PAUSE) in such cases.

Andre

• 10 months later...

Archived