Audio stutters and cracks every time I receive a text message

Silvester

Hi,

After Android Pie update, Poweramp audio stutters and cracks for several seconds everytime I receive a text message when the notifications are ON. If it's in DND mode or vibrate mode, no issues. But mostly i'll leave my phone's notification ON and its annoying sometimes. Is there a fix??

Hi Team,

Just now happened to notice that the audio not only stutters for a text message, it happens for every notifications. Audio begins to crack and stutters, so I have to put my phone on DND as a temporary fix. Can you guyz please send me an update on this??

Hi,

It happens when listening to a song with an earphone. When the audio is cut off due to the notification sound, the sound of the song I hear is leaked out through the speaker.

I can not speak English and I am sorry that I can not express using translator.

• 2 weeks later...

@Shivprasad Chavan DVC currently doesn't always work well for this device, it seems.
Generally, applies to all Qualcomm devices on Pie (except Pixels).

Solutions are:

- go to Poweramp Audio Settings => Output => AudioTrack  and check No Duck option. Poweramp will briefly pause now during notifications
- go to Poweramp Audio Settings => Output => AudioTrack  and check Float32 in all devices. Disables DVC pretty much

Does this help?

I will polish Pie + HiRes + DVC after 3.0 release - this requires some additional time.

3 hours ago, maxmp said:

@Shivprasad Chavan DVC currently doesn't always work well for this device, it seems.
Generally, applies to all Qualcomm devices on Pie (except Pixels).

Solutions are:

- go to Poweramp Audio Settings => Output => AudioTrack  and check No Duck option. Poweramp will briefly pause now during notifications
- go to Poweramp Audio Settings => Output => AudioTrack  and check Float32 in all devices. Disables DVC pretty much

Does this help?

I will polish Pie + HiRes + DVC after 3.0 release - this requires some additional time.

@maxmpThank you. Now it seems to be working fine after your solution. I checked on my earphones. I will also test this on my bluetooth headphones and update test info. 

• 2 years later...

Archived