Question about 32bit Files and WavPack

ScarletNeko

Yo, I have a question about 32bit audio files playback on Poweramp: do the player actually play it as 32bit or it is "converted" to 24bit?

I have a few 32bit wav files, and despite Poweramp playing them very nicely, when I check the audio output info it shows 24bit. Even the resample line disappears when I set it manually to the right sample rate, and it's shown as of it was playing it at 32, but on the output info it shows 24bits.

Using my phone stock player (LG G7), I can feel some very specific difference, with the stock player sounding a bit better (even without any kind of modifications), but it only sounds better with 32 bit files...

The wavpack part is, Poweramp doesn't seems to find folders with wavpack files, even being capable to play it normally. But if I go on a file manager and open a .wv file from there, it works until I press the back button, them it stop, the screen blinks and it get back to the "all music" screen. Is this something with the app itself or with the files? This part is more about an experimenting I was doing to get a bit more storage since 32bit wave files can go pretty wild on its size, so don't get it as a big problem (at least for now)...

Archived