RC 797 Artist album's shuffle mode doesn't work

Alejandro.ib1610

When I try to select "shuffle mode" in album's list of one artist, it only plays one album of that artist. When that album finish, star to play an album of a different artist.

Correct me if I'm wrong but, is not supposed to keep playing the same artist but different album? Or exist another option to plays all the album's of the same artist in shuffle mode?

In that context, if you play an album in "Shuffle Songs / Shuffle lists" mode, then the 'list' level is considered to be Albums, not Artists. So after that album has been played in shuffled mode PA will pick another list (i.e. any album) at random and start playing that shuffled. PA does not currently have a two-level grouping system for list playback, and I can't see any way to enable plain Artist (rather than Artist Albums) as the play back category level any more, which used to be possible in v2. @maxmp could you comment on this, I may have missed something.

What you could do in the meantime, if you want to play all songs by an artist in randomised mode, is to view the Artist level (so you see all of their albums) and use the Select button to multi-select all of the album titles for that artist and either add them to a playlist (if you want a permanent version of the list) or just add to Queue, and then play that shuffled.

Andre  

On 9/24/2018 at 2:37 AM, andrewilley said:

In that context, if you play an album in "Shuffle Songs / Shuffle lists" mode, then the 'list' level is considered to be Albums, not Artists. So after that album has been played in shuffled mode PA will pick another list (i.e. any album) at random and start playing that shuffled. PA does not currently have a two-level grouping system for list playback, and I can't see any way to enable plain Artist (rather than Artist Albums) as the play back category level any more, which used to be possible in v2. @maxmp could you comment on this, I may have missed something.

What you could do in the meantime, if you want to play all songs by an artist in randomised mode, is to view the Artist level (so you see all of their albums) and use the Select button to multi-select all of the album titles for that artist and either add them to a playlist (if you want a permanent version of the list) or just add to Queue, and then play that shuffled.

Andre  

I figured out something like that. Anyway, thanks for the answer and the help

Archived