Jump to content
Poweramp
blaubär

stops after every song

Recommended Posts

Just now I'm playing an album using "ARTIST ALBUMS".

The player unexpectedly stops after each song.

I can continue by pressing the play-button

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm currently having the same issue. Play a tune, it stops at end and doesn't continue the album. A little message saying 'unable to play' appears. Very frustrating indeed!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, dwang040 said:

Just curious, does it do that when you set the repeat to "advance list" option? 

"Stop in last song in a list"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, blaubär said:

"Stop in last song in a list"

Yes, Poweramp will stop playing music once a list ends. To have the music player keep playing music, chose either advance list (if you're playing through albums and specific custom lists) or repeat list (if you're playing through your whole music library. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mark586 said:

I'm currently having the same issue. Play a tune, it stops at end and doesn't continue the album. A little message saying 'unable to play' appears. Very frustrating indeed!!

I'm assuming you are able to play the song, but you have to manually select it in order to play it? Auto play will just give you the message "unable to play song?"

So these issues occur with other players? Like your stock music player or another app? 

If you haven't, have you tried to clear the Poweramp data and rescan? Aka, resetting the app?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, dwang040 said:

Yes, Poweramp will stop playing music once a list ends. To have the music player keep playing music, chose either advance list (if you're playing through albums and specific custom lists) or repeat list (if you're playing through your whole music library. 

Yes, I know that ! It stopped after each song. The repeat-mode was "Stop in last song in a list"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/21/2018 at 7:50 PM, blaubär said:

Just now I'm playing an album using "ARTIST ALBUMS".

The player unexpectedly stops after each song.

I can continue by pressing the play-button

And just now it stops after every second song.

it displays "unable to play" for 2 seconds..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, blaubär said:

And just now it stops after every second song.

it displays "unable to play" for 2 seconds..

Like I said for Mark, are these issues on other music players? Or just Poweramp. Also, are you able to manually choose the song to make it play? Or does it just tell you song is unavailable. 

I would suggest trying to clear data in Android app settings as well and doing a rescan. If those don't help, I wonder if it's a potential tag issue or a library permission thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/23/2018 at 6:46 PM, andrewilley said:

Max has already said this issue will be improved on the next test release.

Andre

Oh he did?! That's great Andre!! Thanks for letting us know!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×