Poweramp Build 797 (Release Candidate)

maxmp

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, clever_man said:

@lasse, it's weird. Didn't you disable notifications for Poweramp al all or just only for lockscreen in the System Settings?

Nope, nothing is disabled. Android Lock Screen was working fine on the alpha version, but not after updating to beta. 

2 minutes ago, clever_man said:

@lasse, Did you clean install of the beta?

No, I updated through the Play Store. 

But I'm not sure I'm willing to do a clean install, because I have a lot of playlists with a lot of songs. I don't want to go through making all those playlists again... 

thanks dev. the bug in entering and leaving the queue error was fix... that was fast.

but i wonder why after finishing the queue it repeated the song it was last played before entering the queue.. it should play other song just like the alpha version.. 

Screenshot_20180917-182655.png

1 hour ago, lasse said:

I have nothing on my lock screen if I disable Poweramp Lock Screen. I would prefer to have the Android Lock Screen instead. 

I have nothing showing on my lock screen either,i disabled always on display on my note8 - android 8.0, PA lock screen doesn't show, either does android notification style for PA on lock screen.

Hi, I'm trying to activate again the new version, but it doesn't work, at first I was getting an error "no more activations left" or something like that, now it still won't activate and don't show any error, I sent an email to support, but never got any answers, can somebody help me? 

3 hours ago, pauzak said:

great fixes! hands down. starting to love this build.
though I'd really reconsider bringing back the playback control in playlist menu UI. that was such a great option for a fast browse through tracks.

and you can kill me, but I still don't think that bringing buttons on top of a touch sensitive playback area in main menu is that great of an idea (same goes on titles on top ot he cover art). I know it's a kind'a morednt design approach, but great things should be more about functions and ergonomics fist (which will always kinda bring us back to "boring" maybe, but will always be worshiped by hardcore users). 

just a thought.

Screenshot_20180917-112025C.jpg.51507dcb5db320f291dc534d7aed6280.jpg     Screenshot_20180917-105703s.jpg.d5868aa08ca0bd0452a94a02e6434f95.jpg

as far as really good design goes, u never want  overlapping buttons in your UI, and artwork with titles covered with menu parts.. it will never be ergonomical / fuctional 100%

+ the less we have to press to get something done asap = the better the UI. if you don't care much about the cover art, then apply the play list in that area isnterad (don't just ruin it), it would be way more functional and make more sense. now jumping forth to the main and back to the playlist all the time is really annoying at the moment.

mockup 02 + title under art

and hide pa's navbar (4 button eats much space) - maybe to 1 button

1 hour ago, JKF said:

thanks dev. the bug in entering and leaving the queue error was fix... that was fast.

but i wonder why after finishing the queue it repeated the song it was last played before entering the queue.. it should play other song just like the alpha version.. 

Screenshot_20180917-182655.png

@maxmp I have reported this. Hoping the fix would be included in the upcoming releases or the stable version. TIA.

3 hours ago, pauzak said:

great fixes! hands down. starting to love this build.
though I'd really reconsider bringing back the playback control in playlist menu UI. that was such a great option for a fast browse through tracks.

and you can kill me, but I still don't think that bringing buttons on top of a touch sensitive playback area in main menu is that great of an idea (same goes on titles on top ot he cover art). I know it's a kind'a modern design approach, but great things should be more about functions and ergonomics first (which will always kinda bring us back to "boring" maybe, but will always be worshiped by hardcore users). 

just a thought.

Screenshot_20180917-112025C.jpg.51507dcb5db320f291dc534d7aed6280.jpg     Screenshot_20180917-105703s.jpg.d5868aa08ca0bd0452a94a02e6434f95.jpg

as far as really good design goes, u never want  overlapping buttons in your UI, and artwork with titles covered with menu parts.. it will never be ergonomical / fuctional 100%

+ the less we have to press to get something done asap = the better the UI. if you don't care much about the cover art, then apply the play list in that area isnterad (don't just ruin it), it would be way more functional and make more sense. now jumping forth to the main and back to the playlist all the time is really annoying at the moment (because there is no playback options in the playlist).

My suggestion would be to merge both (main UI and playlist UI) one day, and adapt the expansion option to the list area (take foobar2000 (PC) as a refernce - it's a winner amongst audiophiles because of it's ease of use, and simplistic customizable design (as if there's no design at all some would say. it's tight and smart!)).

Oh man! If this can only be put into skins and allow those mockups for user choices/options. @maxmp can this be possible?

6 minutes ago, invaderzim said:

Oh man! If this can only be put into skins and allow those mockups for user choices/options. @maxmp can this be possible?

everythings possible. it's just an enormous load of work. I don't think I posted this in the right place. might be way out of the spectre for the current build.. probably would require a whole new UI architecture (if all comments taken into consideration).

Good work..

1 thing the black rectangular background at the song name and artist ...kind of weird.. Disagrees with rest of the design..please redesign it...

There is

More room below..album art needed fully shown..

Swiping  up the album art revels the playlist from below...just an opinion

The four buttons below can be autohidden or make it appear on side like semicircle-pop ups when touched only on the main player interface..

Its present position also hinders gesture based navigation

Archived