Jump to content
Poweramp
maxmp

Poweramp Build 797 (Release Candidate)

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, redlith said:

hope there's an option on how to see the "next track" or next song.. not just bitrate (44.1khz,320kbps,mp3) on lower portion of the main ui.

16 minutes ago, Dehypnotizer said:

where the hell can I switch from displaying meta tags to plain file names?

Have either of you tried tapping on the meta-data line in the player screen? You can cycle through multiple display options.

Andre 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad to know someone reads this forum!

The biggest issue for me though is that Poweramp "forgets" the song it played even after small interruption, like answering the call. If you have large playlists it can be extremely annoying.

It's the biggest bug so far, just next to Bluetooth issues (now partially fixed).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Da4HuK said:

Where is option "Play folder" like in v2?

In the Library view, go into whatever folder you want to listen to, and press the Play icon.

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SynekPablo said:

I have now tried the Moshi USB Audio Adapter to 3.5mm Jack. 

24 Bit /192 kHz with Class G Headphone Amp.

It works perfectly.

The sound has a lot of power and works with Poweramp and Neutron.

Can also be helpful for you?

Why could this be helpful? 

Maybe @maxmp can help with this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I changed Interface them to Dark.

It applied in settings but in other menu (Main screen, Library) it still is Light.

Is it correct?

Update: found skin option.

Why you separate Main Theme and skin theme?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just got the bluetooth bug with my headphones. Buttons stopped working, and I paused with the phone, then pressed play with phone and then music played through the phone speaker instead. I had to turn my headphones off then back on for it to connect again to fix it. Not the headphones because this was the first time it happened and only on Poweramp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

In the Library view, go into whatever folder you want to listen to, and press the Play icon.

Andre

Hi

 

Just tried it out again in this release.

If I play a folder with subfolders it doesn't make a difference if I choose shuffle off or shuffle songs.

 

In both cases the songs are played one after the other and then the next folder is played.

 

I would really like to have an option to play the songs one after the other and then play the next subfolder randomly. Basically album shuffle

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I have some odd issues with v3 on my LG V20 H990DS on Nougat 7.0.0. On the screenshot you can see Poweramp using a separate volume slider. I'm not casting to anything while doing this and this happens with or without wifi being used. Even after I have closed Poweramp this slider hangs in memory, most times I have to f/c Poweramp to get rid of it. Also the onscreen volume slider does not appear (ever) with v3 but I had no issues with v2, the volume still changes it's just that the visual part does not work. Same symptoms are present with both speaker and headphones. There's a whole lot of good things to like about v3 so don't think I'm trashing the whole app. Just more of a why is that question. 

Capture+_2018-09-19-13-51-39~01.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great new icon and shortcuts, dark mode is the best.. Best app ever. You should develop a gallery app as well, as great as this player. ♥️?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tim3tripp3r said:

Hi, I have some odd issues with v3 on my LG V20 H990DS on Nougat 7.0.0. On the screenshot you can see Poweramp using a separate volume slider. I'm not casting to anything while doing this and this happens with or without wifi being used

This is OK if you're using Hi-Res + DVC (or + custom volume levels), as Poweramp then presents itself to system as a Volume Controller. Android just uses cast icon for Volume Controllers, probably because nobody in Google ever thought non-casting app can be a Volume Controller.

This is described in the warning when Hi-Res / volume levels are activated. Unfortunately, at this moment it's not possible to replace this icon (though, I will probably recheck that for Pie).

 

20 minutes ago, Nhyphk said:

Great new icon and shortcuts, dark mode is the best.. Best app ever. You should develop a gallery app as well, as great as this player. ♥️?

Thanks for the feedback!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, th3voic3 said:

If I play a folder with subfolders it doesn't make a difference if I choose shuffle off or shuffle songs.

In both cases the songs are played one after the other and then the next folder is played.

I would really like to have an option to play the songs one after the other and then play the next subfolder randomly. Basically album shuffle

Shuffle All shuffles all songs despite category selected / currently played. To play just categories in shuffle mode use Shuffle Categories mode (songs played in order then).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, maxmp said:

Shuffle All shuffles all songs despite category selected / currently played. To play just categories in shuffle mode use Shuffle Categories mode (songs played in order then).

Could it be that @th3voic3 wants to be able to select a high level folder and then play that folder and any of its subfolders in a shuffled manner? For example, if they have a folder called Musicals which contains three subfolders, Musicals/Cats, Musicals/Grease, and Musicals/Mamma_Mia, then they want to hear a random selection from all three of those subfolders until all of the tracks in Musicals have been played.

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Could it be that @th3voic3 wants to be able to select a high level folder and then play that folder and any of its subfolders in a shuffled manner? For example, if they have a folder called Musicals which contains three subfolders, Musicals/Cats, Musicals/Grease, and Musicals/Mamma_Mia, then they want to hear a random selection from all three of those subfolders until all of the tracks in Musicals have been played.

To do that just hit Shuffle button in the appropriate folder. That folder + all the subfolders will be played in Shuffle Songs/Categories mode by default, and shuffle mode can be further modified.

As this is not so obvious, probably I'll add long press on in-list shuffle icon as well - will show the shuffle mode selection menu right in categories.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, maxmp said:

This is OK if you're using Hi-Res + DVC (or + custom volume levels), as Poweramp then presents itself to system as a Volume Controller. Android just uses cast icon for Volume Controllers, probably because nobody in Google ever thought non-casting app can be a Volume Controller.

This is described in the warning when Hi-Res / volume levels are activated. Unfortunately, at this moment it's not possible to replace this icon (though, I will probably recheck that for Pie).

 

Thanks for the feedback!

Thanks for the reply. How about not seeing the slider during volume changes? I don't have the custom volume panel selected so shouldn't the stock Android volume slider pop up during volume changes? 

Capture+_2018-09-19-16-49-46.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, maxmp said:

To do that just hit Shuffle button in the appropriate folder. That folder + all the subfolders will be played in Shuffle Songs/Categories mode by default, and shuffle mode can be further modified.

I find that plays just one of the subfolders shuffled, then picks another random folder from anywhere (Shuffle Songs / Shuffle Catgeories) rather than (for example) shuffling all of the songs in Musicals/Cats, Musicals/Grease and Musicals/Mamma_Mia before moving on to a non-Musicals folder.

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Red Balooon said:

Also:  the black stripes used as background for artist and track names are way too large and ugly.  Can we get some options?  Can we have the names underneath the cover art?

More after getting used to the new program.

have you tried the skins that you can install from this forum? you can have the album info below artwork plus other options.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

looks like the "all songs" bug is back.   i had a playlist going and when turning on the bt speaker and the music started playing it was "all songs" on shuffle instead of the playlist on shuffle.   I have it set on Shuffle songs.   

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still no lock screen. Enabling Poweramp lock screen takes me to wherever I left off in Poweramp when I wake device and only when I click home does it take me to the normal lock screen.

Sony z5 compact / Android  7.1.1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2018 at 7:29 AM, maxmp said:

Poweramp-rc-build-797-uni.apk

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.maxmpz.audioplayer

RC Build 797:
• slightly increased selected item contrast
• fixed crash on category change
• fixed lockscreen not always appearing
• Folders Hierarchy is now always enabled by default
• widgets now should survive reboots better
• fixed constant reloads (flashing) on Android 7-
• fixed few crashes due to the translations
• fixed Enqueue and stay in the list option
• improved BT/headset keys support for Hi-Res audio output on Android 8+
• removed Send Album - Artist with Metachanged Title option, as it doesn't work for new Androids anyway
• clear action for Recently Added / Recently Played / Most Played
• app icon (launcher) shortcuts (Android 7+)
• few other bug fixes and small improvements

 

 

 

Still, MusicFx button not working. Long pressing on it, Crashing it. Combination of MusicFx+Poweramp Equilizer+Headphones and Effects of Xiaomi gives great bass and clarity for my earphones. Please work on that first. I am missing that very much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pauldamo said:

have you tried the skins that you can install from this forum? you can have the album info below artwork plus other options.

thanks.  I just got here.  I will seek them out.  May need help downloading and running them:  I'm a music person, but definitely not a tech person.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@maxmp In build 790 there was the OpenSL HD option but the following updates are gone. and the SoundAlive "MusicFX from Samsung" does not have its effects applied when enabled, and also worked normally in build 790.

This is a screenshot of build 797

Screenshot_20180919-234924.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rams225 said:

Still, MusicFx button not working. Long pressing on it, Crashing it. Combination of MusicFx+Poweramp Equilizer+Headphones and Effects of Xiaomi gives great bass and clarity for my earphones. Please work on that first. I am missing that very much.

doesn't crash for me, Xperia XZ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/20/2018 at 12:44 AM, maxmp said:

Shuffle All shuffles all songs despite category selected / currently played. To play just categories in shuffle mode use Shuffle Categories mode (songs played in order then).

I have enough.

Fortunately, I was paranoid enough to make a copy with MyAPKPro of the last Alpha version (build 709) which was STABLE AND FULLY FUNCTIONAL for like the two years or so. I did the backup just before downloading Beta version - just in case. Of course, you need legit version of Poweramp Unlocker - this one is a classic Trial Version from the Play store. Just remembered *not to* download the update from the Play store, otherwise this build will be overwritten by newest Beta. I personally switched off the auto updates.

If you can't get that build anymore, here it is:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Zd9j1PmfbCBF-Q-n1rXFfvrnv903UbO-/view?usp=drivesdk

I'm sick of these bugs which were not there before. I don't know if @maxmp decided to re-write the whole program from scratch - what I need is fully functional music player.

The reason I put this link is that official version available to download as we speak, when you opt-out from beta program, is completely crippled. It has no HD sound selection, Bluetooth options, and so on.

I hope I helped at least some of you guys who are sick of being testers of completely unfinished product. How come the Alpha version was better in every way than Beta?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...