Poweramp Build 797 (Release Candidate)

maxmp

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To set things straight. The player is gapless when playing gapless encoded files from the internal memory. Max was kind enough to dive into gapless playback and found out the problem is that songs aren't loaded fast enough from the SD card. I can confirm this is the problem. Loading gapless MP3's from the internal memory result in smooth gapless playback. Thnx Max.

15 hours ago, traxformania said:

But in Poweramp V2 bug1 is not happening. 

If there is a change made between V2 and V3 about this topic, i want it configurable in settings. Because, this change makes Poweramp very problematic in android head units in cars.

Successfully, this is not a bug. Making Poweramp suddenly not to react to headset buttons will be a huge issue for other users (also there is no way radio app can be detected by Poweramp prior it starts playing and sends audio focus event). But if you can suggest some logical approach to this issue - it probably can be added as option.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Make Believe said:

To set things straight. The player is gapless when playing gapless encoded files from the internal memory. Max was kind enough to dive into gapless playback and found out the problem is that songs aren't loaded fast enough from the SD card. I can confirm this is the problem. Loading gapless MP3's from the internal memory result in smooth gapless playback. Thnx Max.

Thanks for the help with debugging the issue.
I think this will be a bit more polished in the future (Poweramp will try to pre-fetch earlier), but for now, slow sd card can cause such issue.

Hi all! I first tried beta and I'm impressed with the sound quality. Unfortunately, I have found very annoying bug: on my LG V20 with enabled DVC and High Rez Output sometimes music is playing from the speaker. If I turn off DVC - the sound becomes very dirty, with rales. If I turn on DVC and OpenSl - everything is good, but sound is not as good as with DVC and High Rez. 

lg v20, android 7.0, headphones - ath m50x

56 minutes ago, Kusmen said:

Hi all! I first tried beta and I'm impressed with the sound quality. Unfortunately, I have found very annoying bug: on my LG V20 with enabled DVC and High Rez Output sometimes music is playing from the speaker. If I turn off DVC - the sound becomes very dirty, with rales. If I turn on DVC and OpenSl - everything is good, but sound is not as good as with DVC and High Rez. 

lg v20, android 7.0, headphones - ath m50x

44 minutes ago, Bleidd said:

I have the same problem with Hi-Res. No sound on headphones. I downgraded to the build 796 where this problem was not present.

I have a LG G7 and, very very rarely I see this problem. Like, it's extremely rare, maybe one time per week at maximum. I just reboot my phone and it stop happening. DVC and hi-res work together again

1 hour ago, maxmp said:

I think this will be a bit more polished in the future (Poweramp will try to pre-fetch earlier), but for now, slow sd card can cause such issue.

OK - this explains why some people see it and others don't.  What are the recommended settings for Audio Buffer (and others) found in   Settings>>Audio>>Output>>OpenSL ES Output>>The "Active Output" to ensure the best gapless at the moment?

Reporting a bug i am getting on every beta version since the start. Whenever i try to clear cache and data, reinstall without import settings etc. it still getting back. I can't avoid it! 

It is about the mini-player in the botton of the app. If I started a song in my list  and paused it in the player interface. Then close everything and restart my phone. Going back in PA, the song in the mini-player isn't the one i paused before restarting. A random song is display or for me it is usually the same bad one everytime. 

I am on a S9+ with a snapdragon SoC. Stock ROM. 

Thank for your amazing work on PA!! It is simply the best! 

everything works fine in 5.0 firmware, except long pressing in MusicFx it does'nt show default Equalizer..and when enabled together with Poweramp Eq,Tone,Limit....a bit weird on playback because its like in a reverb situation though reverb option is not enabled.but Great Work! 

hope there's an option on how to see the "next track" or next song.. not just bitrate (44.1khz,320kbps,mp3) on lower portion of the main ui.

5 hours ago, CypherMK said:

So a bit of a different issue. Does it work with this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hiby.music

I've tried it but no sound.

It is recognized as a USB DAC - Sonata HD but there are no sounds.

On the laptop everything works without problems, the sound is really good and has power.

Only on my Mate RS no sound comes.

5 hours ago, maxmp said:

Successfully, this is not a bug. Making Poweramp suddenly not to react to headset buttons will be a huge issue for other users (also there is no way radio app can be detected by Poweramp prior it starts playing and sends audio focus event). But if you can suggest some logical approach to this issue - it probably can be added as option.

Maybe there should be an option in settings like "Do not react media buttons when Poweramp is closed". 

I can already see some topics about incompatibility between "MTCD Car Android Head Units radio" and "Poweramp v3" in XDA forums.(Android Head Units topic) . With this setting these problems will solve. (No need to detect radio application, i'm not talking about audio focus.)

Problem is : In Android Head Unit of my car,  If i press media buttons after i completely shut down Poweramp, Poweramp re opens and starts playing. 

Note: I really liked gui of V3, i don't want to turn back to V2.

1 hour ago, SynekPablo said:

I've tried it but no sound.

It is recognized as a USB DAC - Sonata HD but there are no sounds.

On the laptop everything works without problems, the sound is really good and has power.

Only on my Mate RS no sound comes.

The Hidizs Sonata works perfectly with Hibymusic and Neutron. So definitely an issue with Poweramp. Hope it will be fixed, and I will buy this app. Looks really good!

8 hours ago, maxmp said:

2 hours ago, traxformania said:

Maybe there should be an option in settings like "Do not react media buttons when Poweramp is closed". 

I can already see some topics about incompatibility between "MTCD Car Android Head Units radio" and "Poweramp v3" in XDA forums.(Android Head Units topic) . With this setting these problems will solve. (No need to detect radio application, i'm not talking about audio focus.)

Problem is : In Android Head Unit of my car,  If i press media buttons after i completely shut down Poweramp, Poweramp re opens and starts playing. 

Note: I really liked gui of V3, i don't want to turn back to V2.

I shared a youtube video about this. (All of settings about audio focus are turned off, DVC is off)

Link : 

As i said this is not happening in Poweramp V2. Android version 6. 

In video =>

1.Checking all audio focus settings are off.

2.Closing Poweramp completely.

3.Opening radio application.

4.Pressing 'next song' media button of car.

5.Poweramp application starts and closes automatically. : S

Edit: If i disable "headset multimedia buttons" option in Poweramp settings this problem solves, but than of course i can't use physical buttons to navigate songs etc.

Just downloaded it.  I'm an old guy, listening to alot of music, and I need alot of explanation in order to navigate new apps.  I find a few things confusing (but figured them out eventually).  Could be alot clearer.  

I've got some very large playlists:  basically whole genres, but mashed up (e.g., psych-folk with Indian classical).  Old Poweramp:  I'd long press the playlist, then shuffle.  New Poweramp:  short press on the playlist and press play.  But this is confusing, because the "shuffle" symbol has a different meaning here than elsewhere.  Here, it means we are staying in the playlist (whew!) and shuffling, where elsewhere a different symbol is used for stay in playlist but shuffle.  While the shuffle pop-ups have vastly improved explanation, it is confusing when different symbols mean the same thing, or the same symbols mean different things.

Also:  the black stripes used as background for artist and track names are way too large and ugly.  Can we get some options?  Can we have the names underneath the cover art?

More after getting used to the new program.

Also as a suggestion, if you could have an option in the List Options to view just the Track Name followed by the Artist Name in the next line without the Album Name next to the Artist Name and also no Album Art would be a very simple layout. This would make viewing easy for various artists albums that have 100+ tracks. Thanks.

Untitled.png

1 hour ago, CypherMK said:

The Hidizs Sonata works perfectly with Hibymusic and Neutron. So definitely an issue with Poweramp. Hope it will be fixed, and I will buy this app. Looks really good!

Neither Neutron nor Hiby work on my device with the Sonata HD.

I researched a bit at Head-Fi and found out that it is a Huawei problem.

The Sonata HD works in FW A mode but is limited to 48000 Hz.

It probably has something to do with the SoC because there are no problems with Snapdragon SoC's.

Only people with Huawei devices and Kirin SoC's report problems.

I think that should be resolved with a software update.

More about the ugly.

The main screen that is displayed when first starting to play a song is cluttered and, well, ugly.  As stated before, there is plenty of room to leave the album art unmolested, and put the track name, album title and artist name underneath.  There should be an option to display, or not, any or all of these three items.  The album art should be most of the display, without any margins or bezels.  Why display that tiny little bit that says "44.1KHZ 320KBPS MP3"?  No doubt to some this is very important information, that can be looked up with the tags, but totally unnecessary to the main display.  Please omit it.  

The control buttons are way too large and splashy (my grandma would say ungapatchka):  tone them down, and make all controls (play, forward, backward, library, search, shuffle, etc) the exact same size.  Emphasize the play one with its circle, and program a highlight for the one being "clicked" or tapped.  Consider having fewer controls on the main screen:  I love swiss army knives, but they can be confusing.  Personally, I think one button that brings up all four items at the bottom (library, equalizer, search and options) would be much better.  In fact, it could include the fade and sleep timer button, so you'd have just one, preferably bottom right.  Bottom left could be shuffle, middle could be repeat, above that the (smaller, toned down) controls, and then you'd be in business.

The "visualization" is too confusing, and I couldn't get it to work as I expected.  I fiddled with it quite a bit:  visualization kept going full screen before I was ready, and I couldn't get it to wait longer.  I couldn't find any option to just stare at the album art, or turn on projectM.  Okay, after awhile I figured out that you weren't just flashing bars, and you had some "milk drop" visualizations, but I couldn't find a way to pick them, or turn them on or off, or move from visualization to visualization without swiping to the next song.   Old Poweramp integrated with projectM:  this does not.   Can we turn off the native Poweramp visualization?  Or, here's a suggestion, have the extra controls slowly fade after 15 seconds, leaving only the album art, track info and back/pause/forward?  Tapping can bring them back.

Just a suggestion.

2 hours ago, CypherMK said:

I have now tried the Moshi USB Audio Adapter to 3.5mm Jack. 

24 Bit /192 kHz with Class G Headphone Amp.

It works perfectly.

The sound has a lot of power and works with Poweramp and Neutron.

Can also be helpful for you?

Release candidate? Is this a joke?????

I'm going back to Alpha 709. Until you fix ridiculous, unituitive UI (where the hell can I switch from displaying meta tags to plain file names?) and fix basic errors that NEVER OCCURED IN PREVIOUS VERSIONS, I'm done with it.

Bugs: unable to see file names.
Unable to select song from playlist by tapping on it. Nasty fix: kill Poweramp process in the App Manager.
Unstable Bluetooth playback (Poweramp pauses randomly and starts playing playlists from the beginning).
But most annoying... You've surely fckd this Beta version up... Even answering the damn phone makes Poweramp reset itself and return to the very first song on the playlist! Are you working on the fix for that? Bug affects HTC 10 and the crappy Huawei P20 Lite as well - two COMPLETELY DIFFERENT DEVICES.

Additionally, SOMETIMES tapping on a song on the playlist makes Poweramp play the damn playlist from the beginning, ignoring my selection. I have to do it in order to return to the last song I listened to - which SOMETIMES is impossible. I wonder when Back/Forward buttons, my last resort to go back to last song, stop doing what they suppose to do! Would you like me to make a movie or something? You can contact me on if you can't reproduce it. I paid full price for your application. It WORKED even in the Alpha version. What the hell is going on? Do you even read this?

Archived