Poweramp Build 797 (Release Candidate)

maxmp

2 hours ago, Gonzafed said:

Hi, i cant suffle per folder like in the past.

In Hierarcy when i use the suffle button it goes to a "random song" and then it jumps into a different list, it should shuffle only inside the folder we use it.

Make sure your shuffle mode is set to "Shuffle Just Songs" (i.e. the old "Shuffle Songs, Lists in Order").

Andre

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Make sure your shuffle mode is set to "Shuffle Just Songs" (i.e. the old "Shuffle Songs, Lists in Order").

Andre

Hey Gonzafed; press and hold the shuffle button to see all options and select easily instead of lopping.

Also, for @maxmp wouldn't the shuffle and repeat / advance list buttons be more consistent if both said categories? Right now you shuffle categories but repeat lists.

55 minutes ago, rafas92 said:

Everything is great. But with the visualization enabled and the song paused, something like that is done. Just like the background of the album cover ... The problem disappears as it turns off the visualizations ....

Screenshot_20180918-173954.jpg

Disable this option from the visualization section to resolve the issue

IMG_20180918_210400.png

10 hours ago, clever_man said:

@traxformania

bug1: this is not a bug, it's a normal behavior of Android: https://developer.android.com/guide/topics/media-apps/mediabuttons#finding-a-media-session

bug2: upload this files.

But in Poweramp V2 bug1 is not happening. 

If there is a change made between V2 and V3 about this topic, i want it configurable in settings. Because, this change makes Poweramp very problematic in android head units in cars.

3 hours ago, pauldamo said:

I presume the radio is connected by Bluetooth? if so in PA bluetooth settings maybe untick resume on bluetooth,i use mp3 tag and I see my album covers,have you tried the 3 dot menu/album art/and either embedded or hires artwork.

No, radio application is developed by head unit maker it's using car's antenna. FM/AM

18 hours ago, maxmp said:

You can shuffle the target folder and all the subfolders / songs in it by heitting shuffle button in header. You should to be in the target folder, that changed vs v2.

18 hours ago, maxmp said:

You can shuffle the target folder and all the subfolders / songs in it by hitting shuffle button in header. You should to be in the target folder, that changed vs v2.

So it looks like this works for files in the immediate directory, but doesn't work for subfolders.   It will start to play randomly through the 1st directory, then jump to a completely different directory that is not one of those subfolders.  Like it's not recursively going through all of them, and just stopping after the 1st.  

13 hours ago, CypherMK said:

I already flashed that firmware, so that's not the issue.

I ordered the Hidizs Sonata HD and today it was delivered. I test this today, if it behaves the same for me, we can rule out a defect in the cable.

My review unit is a Huawei Mate RS Porsche Design, Android 8.1

I'll write you as soon as I have results.

3 hours ago, CypherMK said:

Any help help with this. I updated the dongle to the pure music firmware. 

Do you have DVC enabled or disabled? For me, this behavior occurs when DVC is disabled. As long as DVC is enabled there are no problems with Hi Res. That could solve your problem.

24 minutes ago, SynekPablo said:

Do you have DVC enabled or disabled? For me, this behavior occurs when DVC is disabled. As long as DVC is enabled there are no problems with Hi Res. That could solve your problem.

I tried every setting with dvc on and off, but nothing works.

18 hours ago, Ameya28 said:

Does the song stop at 3:11? The issue is that the song doesn't actually end at 3:11 but rather at 3:24 while the wavebar is stuck at 3:11

I've just checked Spotify and the song is actually 3:11 long, so that's the baseline...

JetAudio stops the song at 3:11

PlayerPro stops it at 3:11

Neutron cuts it at 3:13 

And PA cuts it at “3:11"... It's weird ‘cause when PA is showing 3:11, the song is actually at 2:56... I found another bug... Well, I think it's probably a bug, but what if you grab the song in other site? Also, try the static seekbar, IDK why, but here I'm thinking it could help you.

1 hour ago, MeGustaPowerAmp said:

I've just checked Spotify and the song is actually 3:11 long, so that's the baseline...

And PA cuts it at “3:11"... It's weird ‘cause when PA is showing 3:11, the song is actually at 2:56... I found another bug... Well, I think it's probably a bug, but what if you grab the song in other site? Also, try the static seekbar, IDK why, but here I'm thinking it could help you.

Could you upload this test file, there's probably something in the tag data which Poweramp is not understanding for some reason.

Andre

For any reason the Poweramp service drains a lot of battery (when Poweramp is on idle, not using it) , more than whatsapp for example. I dont understand why is so much power consuming. Is there any option in the settings to get it more battery friendly?. I repeat is only when I am not using the player (the app is open in the background and the service is running) The only choice is to close Poweramp app? I dont remember this was happening in previous versions of the beta...

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

Could you upload this test file, there's probably something in the tag data which Poweramp is not understanding for some reason.

Andre

Mmm, I'm not the one with the problem, I am just trying to help ?

This is the OP 

On 9/17/2018 at 3:35 AM, Ameya28 said:

I re checked and this issue is prominent with most edm tracks.. or tracks which don't have a period of silence in the end .. here is a sample. The track actually ends at 3.24 as shown in the screenshot

Hardwell & KAAZE - This Is Love (feat. Loren Allred).mp3

Screenshot_20180917-140628.png

On 9/17/2018 at 4:41 PM, maxmp said:

Album or playlist? (Poweramp has user created playlists, but you mentioned Album, which is a separate category). By shuffling playlist (setting it on shuffle), what exactly shuffle mode do you mean? How exactly you set list on shuffle?

Poweramp always shows all categories (playlist tracks included) in the order defined by user (either by sorting or for playlists/queue also by manual re-sorting and dragging items around) - shuffle modes don't change that. 

i don't think i was very clear.   I am talking about the now playing screen.   it shouldn't show the album covers and songs in order while playing other songs at shuffle.   That's not normal.   everytime i skip to the next song it plays songs at shuffle but shows the next song in the album that's not playing.   it's like the now playing screen is playing the playlist in order but what i hear out the speakers is the playlist in shuffle.   

update.   i found a new bug.  when using the first shuffle option it plays all songs at random but it started playing one song then stopping.  if i press play it will play that song again but won't advance to the next track.   

35 minutes ago, djdarko said:

@maxmpThe update is great, but would it be possible to add an option for the visualization to be behind the artwork and controls? So that it basically takes place of the background?  Like Faded Controls Transparency 100% but keep the artwork visible.

yeah I mentioned this earlier,maybe with artwork to be able to control the transparency like the controls when using full screen visualizations.

(I thought they would not return the 5 star rating) but after a good time without using Poweramp I see that some things have changed, but I have some suggestions or improvements:

- Why is the rating of the songs only seen in the "best rated" list? red arrows

- Why is the album first and artist is second? (at least) There should be an option to choose which one to place there and in what order, but I think the "Artist" tag should go first than the "Album" tag (as in many other players)

*second image taken of this post:

https://forum.powerampapp.com/topic/11359-poll-where-should-the-titleartistalbum-wording-be-displayed-overlaid-over-cover-art-or-below-it/

1.png

Screenshot_2018-05-08-09-28-49.png.5357929088f7391ddd7b55e55e4e9818.png

5 hours ago, pauldamo said:

yeah I mentioned this earlier,maybe with artwork to be able to control the transparency like the controls when using full screen visualizations.

Yes, allowing a full transparency option would be great. In my opinion at least, having the album art shown with the visualization looks so much better than without, and having it partially transparent would probably look even better. Without the art it just looks like something is missing:

Screenshot_2018-09-19-01-01-38.thumb.png.e416d26d927bf7c86a27da8779b1f2a9.pngScreenshot_2018-09-19-01-01-48.thumb.png.7c976677c39f678731fef5979afd6dad.png

Archived