Poweramp Build 797 (Release Candidate)

maxmp

5 hours ago, Red Balooon said:

Headphones are for when I actually want to listen to music, not for when I am fiddling with a buggy program with a confusing UI that used to be able to do what I want and doesn't any longer.

Tapping on a song title in the Library has always started playback, that's what is meant to happen, nothing has changed there since PA was first released.

Pretty much the same goes for the shuffle modes, there have always been several options which you can cycle through by tapping the Shuffle icon on the player screen (some terminology has been updated,  but it still needs some tweaking IMHO). However starting shuffled playback from within a playlist (or album, folder, etc) should shuffle the contents of that list before moving on to any other content; it would not make sense for it to shuffle all songs at that point. Again, same general functionality as v2.

Andre

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, noremac said:

¿Alguien tiene un tema oscuro con controles pro, texto que no cubre la carátula del álbum y esquinas cuadradas en la carátula del álbum? Es como el Santo Grial de las pieles de Poweramp y aún no lo he encontrado : S

Salu2, 

Si este: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=it.folgore95.pa

Screenshot_20180924-015227.jpg

why can't we just have a plain ole shuffle button like other players?   I mean like if we want to shuffle all songs then to to all songs and click on a song while shuffle is on.   or go to a playlist and play a song and shuffle shuffles the playlist.   i dont' see the need for all the shuffle features Poweramp has.   i never liked them.   they're confusing and if i need to turn it on while driving or exercising it's a pain trying to see which icon it's on.   or if i hit it by mistake and put it on another shuffle mode.

5 minutes ago, hypomaniac-eric said:

why can't we just have a plain ole shuffle button like other players?   I mean like if we want to shuffle all songs then to to all songs and click on a song while shuffle is on.   or go to a playlist and play a song and shuffle shuffles the playlist.   i dont' see the need for all the shuffle features Poweramp has.   i never liked them.   they're confusing and if i need to turn it on while driving or exercising it's a pain trying to see which icon it's on.   or if i hit it by mistake and put it on another shuffle mode.

Mmm, no... just no. That'll be oversimplifying the shuffle function, and that isn't good in my opinion... after all, PA isn't supposed to be the most basic music player, right?

48 minutes ago, MeGustaPowerAmp said:

Mmm, no... just no. That'll be oversimplifying the shuffle function, and that isn't good in my opinion... after all, PA isn't supposed to be the most basic music player, right?

I never got the purpose of all the shuffle modes.   I mostly play playlists and only want to shuffle said playlists.   

55 minutes ago, hypomaniac-eric said:

I never got the purpose of all the shuffle modes.   I mostly play playlists and only want to shuffle said playlists.   

But you already have that option, and it works fine. For me shuffle mode it's correct, except for the option to shuffle albums of the same artist. And I think that one of the reasons why the people called PA "the best music player for Android" is for things like this, it have a lot of options for all's the users

4 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Tapping on a song title in the Library has always started playback, that's what is meant to happen, nothing has changed there since PA was first released.

Pretty much the same goes for the shuffle modes, there have always been several options which you can cycle through by tapping the Shuffle icon on the player screen (some terminology has been updated,  but it still needs some tweaking IMHO). However starting shuffled playback from within a playlist (or album, folder, etc) should shuffle the contents of that list before moving on to any other content; it would not make sense for it to shuffle all songs at that point. Again, same general functionality as v2.

Andre

If that's the case, then the icons used to implement this should be corrected so that they are consistent and mean the same thing every time they appear in the program.

As for being in a position to accidentally hit play almost everywhere in the program, if that's how its design I will live with it, but I do think that the program would make more intuitive sense if there was only one place where you could play music, and all paths from everywhere else in the program led to that place easily.

On 9/23/2018 at 11:09 PM, nikgtasa said:

Is it possible to change tracks using volume buttons? Only google links I've found are extremely dated and just tell me to install another app to remap volume control.

Normally you can do that using the volume controls on the headphone wire (see below example). I've never known the player to react to the phone buttons

4 hours ago, hypomaniac-eric said:

No. Just no. 

There is a fraction of people who doesn't understand the need of the "basic" shuffling option. I mean, what's the purpose of shuffling songs inside an album who has an intro, transitions between songs and an outro? That album is a whole piece. The same goes with the principle of shuffling all your songs. I don't mind people doing it, but I don't understand why I would personaly want to use it. Like I would never watch the 4th episode of the 2nd season of Breaking Bad, then the 2nd episode of the 3rd season of Black Mirror, then the first episode of the first season of Bloodline... That doesn't make sense to me.

I understand the cycling through shuffle options can be confusing, but these options have to be present. Poweramp is the only player who gives me the ability to shuffle through albums (other players do but PA is the only one doing it in an effective manner).

5 hours ago, hypomaniac-eric said:

I think all the options have the uses, but I've been suggesting for ages that tapping the Shuffle icon should be a toggle on/off function (so you can turn your favourite mode on or off with just a single tap, great while driving), and use Long-Press on the icon to change to different shuffle styles (which is already implemented). Could even be an optional functionality setting in Look and Feel, to set the shuffle icon mode to either Toggle or Cycle mode.

Andre

The player doesn't resume playback to the previous list after queue ends. Instead the queue is repeated. Build 797. 

Update: sorry, my bad. It happened because repeat was enabled for list.

But anyway, it didn't happen on V2, I always have repeat list enabled. The player used to come back to previous playlist after finishing queue. Or maybe I am wrong. Anyway, I'll turn repeat off for my convenience. 

11 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

I think all the options have the uses, but I've been suggesting for ages that tapping the Shuffle icon should be a toggle on/off function (so you can turn your favourite mode on or off with just a single tap, great while driving), and use Long-Press on the icon to change to different shuffle styles (which is already implemented). Could even be an optional functionality setting in Look and Feel, to set the shuffle icon mode to either Toggle or Cycle mode.

Andre

Sounds like a great idea.   I'm glad someone sees my perspective on this issue.   hopefully max will implement your idea.   I don't know how much more coding it takes to do that.   

I'm resuming a post on version 792.
I went from lineage 15.1 to Miracledroid (oreo base)
and the same problem occurs again ...

"Good afternoon and thank you very much, it's the best player.

REPRESENT AN ERROR: when I listen to any song, in 24 bit (HiFi) and I get a notification, for a period of 3 or 4 seconds, the song is heard in the headphones and in the phone speaker, after that time they become to listen only in the headphones.

"I have already tried to activate and deactivate No Duck, in addition to all the options in the "Audio Events" category, without having solved it.

It is worth mentioning that in the previous version it worked well when you activate the No duck, now that the option does not work.

Redmi Note 4 Global - Last Firmware - CRDROID 8.1 (same test in MIUI 10 Android 7.0) (3 + 32 and SD625)"

I just want to say how much I like this version of Poweramp. I've been using PA for a very long time now. Then I started using ViPER4Android along with it listening through my Sennheiser IE4 IEM's. The thing is V4A won't work on an unrooted phone. My Galaxy Note 4 was rooted. Everything was perfect. I was in love with the sound of the music I was listening to.

Then my Note 4 crapped out on me. I replaced it with a Galaxy S9. I was freaking out because the S9 wasn't as easy to root as the Note 4 was. I decided to try out this version of PA. I gotta say I'm enjoying my music now just as much a I did using Viper. And now I can enjoy listening to an unrooted phone. 

Also I have tried other music players. I even paid for Neutron player. I can't make anything else sound as good as Poweramp. Thanks for this. It's awesome. ?

Hi Max,

Thanks for this release. I've two stuffs as a comment:

- can you please show the song ratings everywhere? (I'm using the 5 star type) I see them when I'm in Top rated section, but not in folders, and I couldn't really find an option to enable it.

- sometimes there is a cracking sound time to time, and I didn't really remember to this in the last release, maybe it is something new. I don't think my headset cable is broken. I'm on OnePlus 6, latest updates, Hi-res output, wired headset. Tell me if you need something else, like debug log/logcat.

Ps. The Google Play link "Contact developer" doesn't refer here, instead to 404.

Thanks, antivirtel

Hello.

I would like you to be able to choose which tags you want to show, for example only the artist and the song, that you do not see the title of the album.

And let the lyrics slide to see the full title of the song. Since it looks incomplete in some songs if it is too long.

10 hours ago, nikgtasa said:

Is it possible to change tracks using volume buttons? Only google links I've found are extremely dated and just tell me to install another app to remap volume control.

PA by itself doesn't have that function. 

Tasker should work in your case, provided you don't want to root your phone and install a Custom ROM with “Volume buttons skips tracks" function.

10 hours ago, daveaspec said:

I'm resuming a post on version 792.
I went from lineage 15.1 to Miracledroid (oreo base)
and the same problem occurs again ...

"Good afternoon and thank you very much, it's the best player.

REPRESENT AN ERROR: when I listen to any song, in 24 bit (HiFi) and I get a notification, for a period of 3 or 4 seconds, the song is heard in the headphones and in the phone speaker, after that time they become to listen only in the headphones.

"I have already tried to activate and deactivate No Duck, in addition to all the options in the "Audio Events" category, without having solved it.

It is worth mentioning that in the previous version it worked well when you activate the No duck, now that the option does not work.

Redmi Note 4 Global - Last Firmware - CRDROID 8.1 (same test in MIUI 10 Android 7.0) (3 + 32 and SD625)"

hello Max.

please this is a serious problem for me. the problem is only when you turn on hdres with the earphones, with the screen off while the music is playing. with the other two modes open sl and java it works fine.
doing all the combinations the problem is not solved, not even turning off the DUCK from the hdres menu. previous version was ok. with other apps it does not happen. I also tried to reinstall PA.no result.repeated, it happens only with l hd res. Max please ... it's a serious thing even if it does not happen to many people.

Hello,

I do not know if that's what it's supposed to be or it's a malfunctioning Poweramp.

And indeed, my Huawei Mate RS does not have a 3.5mm output. Therefore, I depend on adapters or USB-C DAC / AMP's because my headphones have a 3.5mm jack. I use a Moshi USB-C DIGITAL AUDIO AMP / DAC.

Poweramp does not recognize this as a USB DAC but as a wired headphone.

Der MOSHI USB- C DAC has a sound quality up to 24bit / 192kHz. The output via Wired Headphone allows only 24bit / 96kHz. And that's only possible with the AudioTrack driver. OpenSL HD does not recognize the Moshi, no idea why.

The NEUTRON MUSIC PLAYER recognizes the MOSHI as a USB DAC. The sound quality is also adjustable up to 24bit / 192kHz. Why Poweramp does not do that?

The sound just sounds better when the MOSHI is used as a USB DAC, but it was also built for that.

Is that what MAX wanted, or is that just a disfunction in Poweramp?

Does anyone know an answer?

MAX or ANDREW?

Archived