Poweramp Build 797 (Release Candidate)

maxmp

2 minutes ago, luv4metalcore said:

What I think is kind of funny is, that people put custom roms on their phone, which are nightly builds, that have bugs themselves, then test this software, which is buggy too, then blame this software for the bugs, which could be their custom roms, and they won't say a thing probably to the developers of the roms, just here.

I attempted once to root my s7 edge, and got it rooted but it was so buggy, that I immediately switched and flashed my phone back to the original rom or way it was before root. The only way to fix it. Everytime I go to a site that even has custom roms, there is rarely a final of a custom rom.

You cannot use phone with root. Other people cannot use phone without root.

And getting root not same as installing custom roms.

I have use PA from android (seems) 2.1 almost all time with customs and have no bugs - so.....

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, 7OH said:

I have use PA from android (seems) 2.1 almost all time with customs and have no bugs - so.....

Likely, excuse, and most custom roms need root to flash. Maybe now a days the custom recovery without root can install them. Still does not make it that both or multiple buggy software can only be Poweramp that causes it. If you ask every single person that announces a bug here, more likely they have a custom rom installed. Most people that said they did not have the option for hi res said they had custom rom.

Custom roms is what is making this process for Max take even longer. Oh, and he can't test for every single custom rom that has been installed.

On 9/19/2018 at 10:04 AM, maxmp said:

Just do a full rescan.

I tried again this morning in the car.

I did do a full rescan and it still does not work. Are there other things than a logcat that can help with debugging this issue???

Here is the log:

09-21 06:16:23.556 I/ActivityManager(1483): Process com.maxmpz.audioplayer (pid 27944) has died
09-21 06:16:23.556 W/ActivityManager(1483): Scheduling restart of crashed service com.maxmpz.audioplayer/.player.HeadsetMicroService in 18606ms
09-21 06:16:42.205 I/ActivityManager(1483): Start proc 4652:com.maxmpz.audioplayer/u0a118 for service com.maxmpz.audioplayer/.player.HeadsetMicroService
09-21 06:50:25.363 V/RemoteController(4726): Updating current controller package as com.maxmpz.audioplayer from null
09-21 06:50:25.363 D/AudioManager(4726): updateMediaPlayerList: Add RCC com.maxmpz.audioplayer to List
09-21 06:50:25.507 W/OutputManager(4652): selected output=com.maxmpz.audioplayer/output.osl for device=1 deviceName=speaker flags=0x10
09-21 06:50:25.561 I/dsp_thread.c(4652): creating DSP plugin: com.maxmpz.audioplayer/plugin.milk(6)
09-21 06:50:25.573 I/dsp_thread.c(4652): creating DSP plugin: com.maxmpz.audioplayer/plugin.tempo(11)
09-21 06:50:25.573 I/dsp_thread.c(4652): creating DSP plugin: com.maxmpz.audioplayer/plugin.reverb(12)
09-21 06:50:25.630 W/RestNowPlaying(4652): toUriCore FAIL to move catCursor catCursor=android.database.sqlite.SQLiteCursor@d5e827e currentCatId=19 catListUriMatch=mn@87423df uri=content://com.maxmpz.audioplayer.data/playlists?no_empty=1#19 entity=mi@9db682c
09-21 06:50:25.635 E/RestNowPlaying(4652): toUriCore FAIL to moveFilesCursorToId uri=content://com.maxmpz.audioplayer.data/playlists/19/files/186625?pos=0#186049 res=-5
09-21 06:50:25.700 E/NativePluginManager(4652): getLoadedPluginInfos() plugin not loaded, but exported=com.maxmpz.audioplayer/output.aa
09-21 06:50:25.700 E/NativePluginManager(4652): getLoadedPluginInfos() plugin not loaded, but exported=com.maxmpz.audioplayer/output.oslhd
09-21 06:50:25.700 E/NativePluginManager(4652): getLoadedPluginInfos() plugin not loaded, but exported=com.maxmpz.audioplayer/output.bench
09-21 06:50:25.747 D/com.batescorp.notificationmediacontrols.mediamanager.Repeater(4726): repeater onRecieve - com.maxmpz.audioplayer.TRACK_CHANGED
09-21 06:50:25.798 D/MediaIntentService(4726): MediaIntentService com.maxmpz.audioplayer.TRACK_CHANGED : false
09-21 06:50:25.832 D/MediaIntentService(4726): MediaIntentService com.maxmpz.audioplayer.TRACK_CHANGED : true
09-21 06:50:25.832 D/MediaIntentService(4726): MediaIntentService com.maxmpz.audioplayer.TRACK_CHANGED : true
09-21 06:50:25.833 D/MediaAppNotificationListenerService(4726): onNotificationPosted : com.maxmpz.audioplayer
09-21 06:50:25.866 D/MediaAppNotificationListenerService(4726): onNotificationPosted : com.maxmpz.audioplayer
09-21 06:50:27.449 W/BroadcastQueue(1483): Permission Denial: broadcasting Intent { act=com.android.music.metachanged flg=0x10 (has extras) } from com.maxmpz.audioplayer (pid=4652, uid=10118) is not exported from uid 10307 due to receiver com.google.android.music/.wear.WearBroadcastReceiver
09-21 06:50:27.452 D/com.batescorp.notificationmediacontrols.mediamanager.Repeater(4726): repeater onRecieve - com.maxmpz.audioplayer.TRACK_CHANGED
09-21 06:50:27.456 D/MediaIntentService(4726): MediaIntentService com.maxmpz.audioplayer.TRACK_CHANGED : true
09-21 06:51:09.856 V/AudioService(1483): updating RCC change: CallingPackageName:com.maxmpz.audioplayer
09-21 06:51:09.857 V/Avrcp   (3177): processRCCStateChange: com.maxmpz.audioplayer
09-21 06:51:10.424 V/AudioService(1483): updating RCC change: CallingPackageName:com.maxmpz.audioplayer
09-21 06:51:10.429 V/Avrcp   (3177): processRCCStateChange: com.maxmpz.audioplayer

18 hours ago, SynekPablo said:

Do you get a 24bit / 192kHz signal through the Sonata HD?

Not me!

It still not work on all devices, that's fact.

Moshi works on my device and should work with yours too, after all, it was temporarily distributed through the Google Store.

Looks like Hybimusic works with 24 bit and 192kHz.

So, what next? How to make it work with Poweramp.

Screenshot_20180921-181622.png

Would it be possible to do a quick rescan of your library instead of a full rescan? I know I use to be able to do that with V2 and I just recently jumped over to V3 (which I love so far btw) but it seems that when I hit the rescan button, it automatically does a full rescan and that takes a little long considering how many songs I have on my memory card.

Always process album art doesn't work in recent versions (795, 796, 797), on older betas it was fine. I want to use that with the unofficial Android Auto plugin (PowerampCar) which was posted here. This is the only thing that doesn't work, so I can live with it, just a report.  It's not working on Nougat and Oreo too.

On Oreo there are some other issues as well, still has some background service start exceptions in the logcat, and the bluetooth controls doesn't work in my car at all (so does the text and album art display), but the music plays if I start it on the phone. This issue only affects Oreo (or probably Pie, didn't have that on my old OnePlus X currently), on Nougat its working fine.

I like the new version, and UI, thanks.  Hope it will get official Android Auto support in the near or far future, it's a must have for me.

6 hours ago, luv4metalcore said:

What I think is kind of funny is, that people put custom roms on their phone, which are nightly builds, that have bugs themselves, then test this software, which is buggy too, then blame this software for the bugs, which could be their custom roms, and they won't say a thing probably to the developers of the roms, just here.

I attempted once to root my s7 edge, and got it rooted but it was so buggy, that I immediately switched and flashed my phone back to the original rom or way it was before root. The only way to fix it. Everytime I go to a site that even has custom roms, there is rarely a final of a custom rom.

Wut? 

Gaining root access in a properly way shouldn't make your phone “buggy", actually, it shouldn't cause any major software issues... OK, at least with a systemless root (i.e. Magisk).

Well, in some cases rooting causes serious problems (Knox warranty voiding efuse for example) but you should know that before rooting your phone. 

6 hours ago, 7OH said:

Mmm, I'm pretty sure everyone CAN use any phone as a daily driver without root access...

3 hours ago, CypherMK said:

Looks like Hybimusic works with 24 bit and 192kHz.

So, what next? How to make it work with Poweramp.

Screenshot_20180921-181622.png

My device also shows that in every music app.

If I Press Play then Track is starting but no Sound comes through the headphones.

7 hours ago, luv4metalcore said:

Since you guys cannot see any point I am making about troubleshooting with bugs, then I am just going to STFU.

???

Dude, chill out, I'm just pointing that root access doesn't automatically trash your phone. 

You're right, Custom software (ROMs, kernels, mods, Xposed, etc) is usually buggier than oficial software, but official SW CAN be buggier than Custom SW, see Android 5.0 case; but it doesn't mean that using Custom software bans you from reporting issues... If i were an Android SW Dev, I'd rather have bug reports from Custom Software users... My $0.2

Edit: I mean, I'd rather have bug reports from custom sw users too

Hi, I would like to say that i love this app since a long time ago, great work with v3.

I apologize if this has been reported previously however there are a lof pages for this thread.

I noticed when using the latest beta that the song currently being played is different from the one shown on the bar below. (Check https://imgur.com/a/Urvc6k2) which was a song I actually played before launching the app again and switching albums.

Using a Moto z2 play w/ Android 7.1.1

Also, I would like to add 2 possible suggestions if possible:

-Allow to have next song instead of metadata below

-Have an option where before pressing the back button on the phone, it shows a warning like "Press back again to close app". Sometimes i tap the back button quickly or more times and the app closes when what i wanted instead was only going back to the library list. This is similar to what happens on different apps.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, solhsbit6829 said:

Hi, I would like to say that i love this app since a long time ago, great work with v3.

I apologize if this has been reported previously however there are a lof pages for this thread.

I noticed when using the latest beta that the song currently being played is different from the one shown on the bar below. (Check https://imgur.com/a/Urvc6k2) which was a song I actually played before launching the app again and switching albums.

Using a Moto z2 play w/ Android 7.1.1

Also, I would like to add 2 possible suggestions if possible:

-Allow to have next song instead of metadata below

-Have an option where before pressing the back button on the phone, it shows a warning like "Press back again to close app". Sometimes i tap the back button quickly or more times and the app closes when what i wanted instead was only going back to the library list. This is similar to what happens on different apps.

Thanks!

1. Yeah, that's already possible, just tap the metadata text line until it shows next song's info.

2. That's a good idea!

3 hours ago, MeGustaPowerAmp said:

1. Yeah, that's already possible, just tap the metadata text line until it shows next song's info.

2. That's a good idea!

to get back to library list you just have to click the 4 square boxes on the left of the PA navigation bar.

13 minutes ago, pauldamo said:

to get back to library list you just have to click the 4 square boxes on the left of the PA navigation bar.

Correct, but that doesn't address the OP's issue of the Back button exiting the app without warning.

IMHO exiting with the Back button is normal functionally for an Android app though, most apps work like that and only a very few have a confirmation prompt (mainly if exiting would stop your current session from working, which is not the case in PA).

Andre

Hello @maxmp,
Thank you for RC, it is working good at my Samsung galaxy S8.
but still does not work on Samsung Gaaxy Tab 8.0 Lineage 14.1 (Android 7.1.2)
It is just freezing at startup. On thos device working only PA Alpha 704. Could you please take a look? For this device PA is blocked....

Already commented for 709 build(the same thing)

LOGs: 
09-22 10:08:11.731 30654-30654/com.maxmpz.audioplayer W/audioplayer.Application: Poweramp edition: arm-play
09-22 10:08:11.746 30654-30654/com.maxmpz.audioplayer W/Platform: man=samsung pro=lt01wifiue mod=SM-T310 dev=lt01wifi type=user board=smdk4x12 rel=7.1.2 osVersion=3.0.31-kerNoleCM14.1+ max memory=192
    tab=true screenSize=3 isLong=false dpi=213 density=1.3312501 swdp=600 w/h=1280x800 w/h dp=961x576
    {1.0 ?mcc?mnc [ru_RU] ldltr sw600dp w961dp h576dp 213dpi lrg land finger -keyb/v/h -nav/h s.385}
09-22 10:08:11.766 30654-30672/com.maxmpz.audioplayer D/libEGL: loaded /system/lib/egl/libEGL_mali.so

>>>> Here goes freeze.

09-22 10:15:24.760 30654-30663/com.maxmpz.audioplayer I/art: Thread[3,tid=30663,WaitingInMainSignalCatcherLoop,Thread*=0x42c84e00,peer=0x12c30b80,"Signal Catcher"]: reacting to signal 3

5 hours ago, MeGustaPowerAmp said:

You're right, Custom software (ROMs, kernels, mods, Xposed, etc) is usually buggier than oficial software, but official SW CAN be buggier than Custom SW, see Android 5.0 case; but it doesn't mean that using Custom software bans you from reporting issues... If i were an Android SW Dev, I'd rather have bug reports from Custom Software users... My $0.2

Edit: I mean, I'd rather have bug reports from custom sw users too

This is right but other replies different than what I was talking about and point is below but still don't get all the gist of it.

Troubleshooting is just more than telling someone about a bug, it is making sure the bug is from what you think it is from. You have to try other things not just say it is from one thing without knowing, like others are doing here. That is the darn point I am making and you keep going to something I am not even talking about. Just because someone says it is a bug from PA, does not necessary mean it is actually PA with the bug. Any one that troubleshoots for problems knows there are many reasons a bug could happen and it could be also other beta software that is installed if you have many beta software installed. Not that hard to gather from what I was saying, just because you guys can't get that, is not my fault at all.

It can be compatibility issues between the different beta software's installed. Most custom roms are not finished products and are in develop stages still. Go ahead interpret me wrong again. OS is the host of the apps, and if the host is not working well in the first place, then the whatever is inside (apps) could be bugged from the host. Custom roms are a risk to take for this kind of thing. Beta testing is not just about telling something but also actually trying something to see what the problem of the cause for it is too.

Some people are not saying what they have tried to solve it. This helps the developer get things done quicker without him having to do all the troubleshooting. Plus, the word "reporting" you mention, is just telling, and not mentioning any troubleshooting tried. You can mention troubleshooting steps taken when reporting but not in this apps case as far as been reading posts here.

Usually, just mention of a bug and device, OS used and nothing else. This was all a mention to help Max out. If you aren't willing to troubleshoot, then fine, to those who just tell of a bug and device and os only. Detail is a friend to a developer.

Archived