Poweramp Build 797 (Release Candidate)

maxmp

3 hours ago, maxmp said:

Album or playlist? (Poweramp has user created playlists, but you mentioned Album, which is a separate category). By shuffling playlist (setting it on shuffle), what exactly shuffle mode do you mean? How exactly you set list on shuffle?

Poweramp always shows all categories (playlist tracks included) in the order defined by user (either by sorting or for playlists/queue also by manual re-sorting and dragging items around) - shuffle modes don't change that. 

I was on a playlist before and after update.  i tested it out to see if it was working okay only using the phone speaker and right off the bat it started doing it again.   I don't play albums.   i only play playlists synced from the computer.    itunes to isyncr to Poweramp.   I used the second option for shuffle that is like the one on V2 but it's named differently on V3.   i use what used to be called shuffle playlists, lists in order.   I'm confused what the category shuffle modes are for.  I don't know what the categories are.   are they genre's or albums?  To be honest i wish there was a regular shuffle mode.  it's confusing with all those modes.   a few times i clicked the button by mistake and wondered why it wasn't shuffling right over the years.     hope this helps.   thanks for the reply.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone. 

I have installed new 797 build on my Xiaomi Redmi Plus, and I have find a very annoying issue.

The song shown on the navigation bar doesn't match the one i'm playing.

If I press on it, the song starts from the beginning.

This issue was also present in the previous build. 

Screenshot_2018-09-18-02-42-59-979_com.maxmpz.audioplayer-min.png

1 hour ago, Shakingm said:

Hi everyone. 

I have installed new 797 build on my Xiaomi Redmi Plus, and I have find a very annoying issue.

The song shown on the navigation bar doesn't match the one i'm playing.

If I press on it, the song starts from the beginning.

This issue was also present in the previous build. 

Screenshot_2018-09-18-02-42-59-979_com.maxmpz.audioplayer-min.png

Same here on Samsung a5

5 hours ago, MeGustaPowerAmp said:

Hi, I can't reproduce that issue with the song you provided.

637769725_Screenshot_Poweramp_20180917-16471301.thumb.png.1ab9b73980a04cd5af247bdd5bc935e8.png

Does the song stop at 3:11? The issue is that the song doesn't actually end at 3:11 but rather at 3:24 while the wavebar is stuck at 3:11

7 hours ago, SynekPablo said:

You need to update the software from the Hidizs Dac Cable. Matching software can be found on the Hidizs homepage, you have three to choose from and the third unlocks the Hi Res output.

I already flashed that firmware, so that's not the issue.

Quick question, I see Max has taken off the old "Sort by Album Artist/Album Name" (if that's how it's called IIRC) option in the Library.

Anyone know how to get a similar sorting? @maxmp If not, could it get restored?

(For those unfamiliar with the option, it sorted the albums alphabetically by album artist first and then by album name at the same time).

In latest RC 797 version,

Bug1 =>  i can't completely shutdown Poweramp.   After i close Poweramp (even i kill it's proccess) if i press physical media buttons on my device Poweramp automatically opens and starts playing. (Tried an option about Poweramp service in settings, no   difference) . Because of this bug when i close Poweramp and open radio application in my car , when i try to change radio station with media buttons Poweramp opens and starts playing..

Bug2 => Some of the mp3's cover arts does not show.  I'm using mp3tag app for pasting cover arts to mp3's with "ID3v2.4 UTF8", i can see cover arts on my computer without any problem and i can see them in old V2 version of Poweramp without any problem..

5 hours ago, traxformania said:

In latest RC 797 version,

Bug1 =>  i can't completely shutdown Poweramp.   After i close Poweramp (even i kill it's proccess) if i press physical media buttons on my device Poweramp automatically opens and starts playing. (Tried an option about Poweramp service in settings, no   difference) . Because of this bug when i close Poweramp and open radio application in my car , when i try to change radio station with media buttons Poweramp opens and starts playing..

Bug2 => Some of the mp3's cover arts does not show.  I'm using mp3tag app for pasting cover arts to mp3's with "ID3v2.4 UTF8", i can see cover arts on my computer without any problem and i can see them in old V2 version of Poweramp without any problem..

I presume the radio is connected by Bluetooth? if so in PA bluetooth settings maybe untick resume on bluetooth,i use mp3 tag and I see my album covers,have you tried the 3 dot menu/album art/and either embedded or hires artwork.

Hi,

I am using à Sony BT headset with LDAC codec, and hi-res audio output of Poweramp.

With build 797, whatever the DVC option setting I cannot control the volume from the headset. I know there's a warning about that issue when selecting hi-res output, but I am still hoping a fix can be found.

My phone is an LG G6 with Android 8.

Thanks for the great job you're doing  !!! 

Balvenie

18 hours ago, CypherMK said:

Hi,

I'm new to this app. But I'm trying to use my Pixel 2 XL with this DAC: https://www.hidizs.net/collections/accessories/products/dac-cable.

But I can't get hi res audio. I'm on the latest beta. It always defaults to wired headset/aux under OpenSL ES Output.

Is this normal. Should support be added manually?

Any help help with this. I updated the dongle to the pure music firmware. 

4 minutes ago, rafas92 said:

Everything is great. But with the visualization enabled and the song paused, something like that is done. Just like the background of the album cover ... The problem disappears as it turns off the visualizations ....

Screenshot_20180918-173954.jpg

Yes, and this is caused by having "Strict" option enabled under Visualization Settings

On 9/17/2018 at 9:53 AM, Ameya28 said:

The wavebar still doesnt get the correct track timing .. this bug is still persistent even though Poweramp plays the entire song the timing is wrong and also due to that the wavebar position. I hope you can fix this

Screenshot_20180917-122057.png

On 9/17/2018 at 10:16 AM, andrewilley said:

Please can you upload a sample track which causes this problem for you?

Andre

I have that same problem

Sample track: https://www31.zippyshare.com/v/PE2BB3Q0/file.html

Archived