Poweramp Build 797 (Release Candidate)

maxmp

8 hours ago, flyingdutchman said:

Remember that if your device is not rooted, you can backup using Helium. You will also need a pc

https://github.com/koush/support-wiki/wiki/Helium-Desktop-Installer-and-Android-App

Guys, there's no need to do anything. I backed up the last stable alpha 2 build 709 - please read my post:

All you have to do is to uninstall 3.x and install 2.x I provided. It is a legit version downloaded from the Play Store, just before this unfortunate "beta" was released. I had enough of these bugs which were too annoying, hence I went back to perfectly stable alpha I managed to successfully back up.

It's not hacked nor modified whatsoever, it also requires Poweramp Unlocker. Just use it and enjoy. This release candidate version is simply useless.

Please let me know if you have any issues/questions.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, waynea said:

really stupid question here....if I download this version, will it do a separate install on my Galaxy S5? or will it overwrite the existing v2?

19 hours ago, fatal said:

It will overwrite, they cannot be installed separately, since they use the same package.

19 hours ago, waynea said:

thanks for super quick reply. I better stay with v2 then, which I know and love.

If you want to go back to last alpha 709 build which was pretty stable, please read my post:

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 5:29 AM, NITHIN said:

@djdarko Thanks bro

@clever_man But some other music players showing colorised notifications(Screenshot). So I think it's possible to bring that in PA.

Screenshot_20180917-085110.png

yes true that, musicolet & stellio music players do show a colourised notification, using android 7.

4 hours ago, Dehypnotizer said:

All you have to do is to uninstall 3.x and install 2.x I provided. It is a legit version downloaded from the Play Store, just before this unfortunate "beta" was released. I had enough of these bugs which were too annoying, hence I went back to perfectly stable alpha I managed to successfully back up.

It's not hacked nor modified whatsoever, it also requires Poweramp Unlocker. Just use it and enjoy. This release candidate version is simply useless.

From what I see the 70x alpha downloads are available from the downloads provided on this site.

On 9/17/2018 at 8:16 AM, Dan Todo said:

HTC U11

Android 8.0

On Bluetooth the output it's still marked as "speaker(16-bit 48khz)" .On my phone it was the same on all V3 releases.

Is someone actually looking into this bug? 

I have exactly the same issue, I have a hi-res dac playing over ldac, but pa doesn't want to switch to hi res when playing anything, it just states the output is speaker, like the post I quoted. 

On 9/22/2018 at 8:07 PM, pauzak said:

hmm, is there a way to disable updates?
I keep installing the older build, but it secretly updates to this broken one which is still unusable non the less in my opinion. 
F.A.Q didn't help
It;s kinda annoying since u have to uninstall first to get it work, and then wait for scan to complete on  25.888 songs -_-

go to google play, left hand upper corner (click the 3 line bar), then "click my apps and games",  then click "installed", search for Poweramp, click it,  then click the right upper corner (3 line bar), then uncheck "auto update"

After up grade to Android 8.10 (Oreo), sound become bad. I was told to turn off DVC and apply the Replay Gain (by turn down the RG preamp  to under -10dB), It works fine ....but the master volume become quite low (because it  was turned down 10dB),  I always need to turne to above 95% volume . Are there any solution to restore the good sound like Android  7.1.1?

22 hours ago, p50kombi said:

Is someone actually looking into this bug? 

I have exactly the same issue, I have a hi-res dac playing over ldac, but pa doesn't want to switch to hi res when playing anything, it just states the output is speaker, like the post I quoted. 

Check the bug-thread (;

Should be addressed by version 798.

hi-res does not work with Aux cable?
I use it for the car radio in the car and with this I can have the hires because the phone detects the microphone and deceives resulting as if it were a headset.more if you receive a call you can respond by the key and you will hear from the speakers of the car and you will speak from the microphone. with the freedom to answer, close the call to raise and lower the volumes from the buttons just as if it were a headset.
cost € 5

IcavoWA0005.jpg

1 minute ago, daveaspec said:

le assunzioni non funzionano con il cavo Aux? Lo uso per l'autoradio in macchina e con questo posso avere le assunzioni perché il telefono rileva il microfono e inganna risultando come se fosse un auricolare. Inoltre se si riceve una chiamata è possibile rispondere con la chiave e si sentirà dagli altoparlanti dell'auto e parlerai dal microfono. con la libertà di rispondere, chiudi la chiamata per alzare e abbassare i volumi dai pulsanti proprio come se fosse una cuffia. costo € 5

IcavoWA0005.jpg

Yes, absolutely, I totally agree with you. We all do, LOL.

English, dude!

On 10/3/2018 at 12:12 AM, Dehypnotizer said:

Guys, there's no need to do anything. I backed up the last stable alpha 2 build 709 - please read my post:

They are talking about backing up the entire state of Poweramp. Just reinstalling the apk will lose App Data. I personally use Helium to backup my App Data.

On 10/3/2018 at 5:28 PM, FT907 said:

After up grade to Android 8.10 (Oreo), sound become bad. I was told to turn off DVC and apply the Replay Gain (by turn down the RG preamp  to under -10dB), It works fine ....but the master volume become quite low (because it  was turned down 10dB),  I always need to turne to above 95% volume . Are there any solution to restore the good sound like Android  7.1.1?

Having this issues as well. Enabling DVC causes a lot of problems with audio (sound coming from speaker although earphones are plugged in).

On 9/16/2018 at 9:59 PM, maxmp said:

Poweramp-rc-build-797-uni.apk

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.maxmpz.audioplayer

RC Build 797:
• slightly increased selected item contrast
• fixed crash on category change
• fixed lockscreen not always appearing
• Folders Hierarchy is now always enabled by default
• widgets now should survive reboots better
• fixed constant reloads (flashing) on Android 7-
• fixed few crashes due to the translations
• fixed Enqueue and stay in the list option
• improved BT/headset keys support for Hi-Res audio output on Android 8+
• removed Send Album - Artist with Metachanged Title option, as it doesn't work for new Androids anyway
• clear action for Recently Added / Recently Played / Most Played
• app icon (launcher) shortcuts (Android 7+)
• few other bug fixes and small improvements

Still never fixed the volume bug. Changing volume does not bring up the volume slider on the LG v20 and LG v30.

Also selecting HI-Res in Poweramp kills audio quality.

19 hours ago, djdarko said:

The main issue I keep having is a random stop in playback, sometimes in the middle of a song, sometimes at the end without finishing the album. Other than that, I'm really enjoying V3.

I encountered the same problem too, suddenly stop during playback, and the apps have forced to stop and cannot be opened again. 

Build 798 now released.

RC Build 798:
• rating is shown in almost all categories (not shown in Queue, Most Played)
• long press on miniplayer brings current category / track • lists follow current playing track
• improved seek for mp3 files with large embed cover. You may need to do a full rescan for the waveseek to update
• Genres are not split on single / anymore (split on ; and //). You may need to do a full rescan for this to apply
• added Look and Feel / Notifications / (Always) Keep Notification options
• added Album Art / Send High Resolution Album Art. When enabled, high resolution images are sent to Android lock screen, widgets, Media Session API
• added sort by last played time
• added help hints
• Poweramp will try to return to the next track from Queue
• Poweramp API improvements
• fixed Send menu item not always visible on some devices
• fixed issue with pause/resume cycles and track not auto-advancing
• fixed notification pause/resume button state on some devices
• fixed scrobbling via Simple Last.FM Scrobbler
• fixed miniplayer de-sync after some rescans
• fixed crash with Lock Screen / Show Default Image enabled
• few other bug fixes and small improvements

Andre

11 hours ago, Rams225 said:

What really? Why mine then?

You are using a different phone, so issues with specific devices can easily pop up and be hard to find. A number of people have been reporting similar issues, so it must be affecting more than one device though.

Andre

Archived