Poweramp Build 797 (Release Candidate)

maxmp

New problem: i have huge music library and all songs have artwork integrated into file. When i full scan library with Poweramp maybe %5 of songs artwork doesnt show. İ can press on 3 dots and than press artwork and than it shows me 2 option. Empty artwork and correct artwork. İf i choose the artwork problem solves for that song. What i dont get is why Poweramp doesnt show that artwork automatically?

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Check to see that the 'Album Artist' tags in every file are the same in each tracks in the compilation album.

Andre

They are, it's all one album, but with 30 different artist so it shows up like this, instead of all being under ONE icon line they use to be in V2

Screenshot_20180831-142748.jpg

5 hours ago, traxformania said:

New problem: i have huge music library and all songs have artwork integrated into file. When i full scan library with Poweramp maybe %5 of songs artwork doesnt show. İ can press on 3 dots and than press artwork and than it shows me 2 option. Empty artwork and correct artwork. İf i choose the artwork problem solves for that song. What i dont get is why Poweramp doesnt show that artwork automatically?

Is the name of the album art folder.jpg? PA detects that automatically even without the image being embedded to the song.

Пожалуйста сделайте отображения название песни при смене, в полноэкранной визуализации

Google translate:

Please make the display name of the song when you change, in full-screen visualization

37 minutes ago, ultimat3pro said:

Is this intended or a bug to be fixed later?

Do you mean the problem with seeing the buttons against a white background? We've asked Max about it the past few builds and he hasn't commented on it afaik.

I posted a temporary fix 3 posts up.

Assume we have an album with following properties:

• Artist tags are different
  • Album Artist tags are (mistakenly) different
  • Album tag is the same
  • "Join albums" setting is enabled

Poweramp v3 would show this as separate albums according to their Album Artist tag. Now we copy the album to PC, clear Album Artist tags (everything else left as is) and upload it back to the phone. Poweramp detects file changes (as shown by circle-ish animation on top of the album list), but is unable to "recombine" the album back without full rescan, which feels to be an overkill in the situation... is this a bug or not?

6 minutes ago, djdarko said:

@maxmp I just tested an Opus+Cue album, the intros to some songs have the beginning cutoff, almost like it starts a bit too late. I can send an example.

so. not only me see that song peaks not sync with pa's graph peaks ?

I think this has been reported, but I've just experienced this first-hand:

Low-bitrate MP3s (audiobook), don't track time correctly, and more importantly, the album list stops playing after a lot of the chapters, requiring hitting >> manually to continue the book.

37 minutes ago, luv4metalcore said:

The ones saying about tracks pausing. I just tried using replaygain and that is what caused for me. Just turn replaygain off until it is fixed. It stops after each track. Set for track or even album does the same.

I have it off already

47 minutes ago, luv4metalcore said:

The ones saying about tracks pausing. I just tried using replaygain and that is what caused for me. Just turn replaygain off until it is fixed. It stops after each track. Set for track or even album does the same.

Thanks for the suggestion, but the files have no ReplayGain info, and that setting is already off in Poweramp.

Does anyone uses cue sheets for their music?

Since the redesign (I'm on the latest 797 now) selecting a track from the library is totally broken. I'm browsing by folders, and as you know, Poweramp makes a virtual folder for each pair of cue/music file it finds in the library. If I enter a cue folder and select a track it always goes to the first track of the first CD of the album. With physical files as this:

Some Album
         |-CD 1.cue
         |-CD 1.flac
         |
         |-CD 2.cue
         |-CD 2.flac
         |
         |-CD 3.cue
         |-CD 3.flac

Poweramp makes this in the library:

Some Album
         |-CD 1
         |  |-Track 1
         |  |-Track 2
         |  |-Track [n]
         |
         |-CD 2
         |  |-Track 1
         |  |-Track 2
         |  |-Track [n]
         |
         |-CD 3
            |-Track 1
            |-Track 2
            |-Track [n]

No matter what track I select from CD 1, 2 or 3, Poweramp ALWAYS goes to track 1 of CD 1. If I select track 5 of CD 3, player starts with track 1 of CD 1. The only thing that works is selecting a track or tracks and sending them to queue. In that you do get the correct track.

Another thing. The fancy bars that get filled as the track progress are difficult to see if you have the buttons. With songs that have loud and quiet parts you get a few long bars and lots of tiny ones that get hidden by the buttons (and even without the buttons are a bit hard to see maybe. With all that space there I suggest making a progress "bar", in the form of darkening the background as the track progresses. The 2nd screen is a mock up.

4GuxRSXN_o.jpg

3TUqlFE9_o.jpg

And another little thing. In the library the top box with the album art is too big... I'd scrap the album art altogether and make it smaller. But if you like it that way maybe making the area you tap to go up a level bigger. Like this:
um5693yI_o.jpg

Keep the button that size (don't alter the visuals) but if you tap the album art (red area) it would be like tapping the smaller button.

Btw, there's no option to disable gestures in the options. Like swiping left/right to move in the library or to switch tracks in the player. I never liked gestures <_<

19 minutes ago, Sakura90 said:

Does anyone uses cue sheets for their music?

Since the redesign (I'm on the latest 797 now) selecting a track from the library is totally broken. I'm browsing by folders, and as you know, Poweramp makes a virtual folder for each pair of cue/music file it finds in the library. If I enter a cue folder and select a track it always goes to the first track of the first CD of the album.

I use Cue files, my albums play fine as they did in Poweramp V2. Tested in folder and non-folder views.

Archived