Poweramp Build 797 (Release Candidate)

maxmp

BUG:
Ducking volume doesn't work when using DVC. For example when I get a notification sound or Google Maps says something etc.. Instead of the volume of the music lowers, the volume stays the same and sound starts 'crackling' during the notification sound.

When I disable DVC it works (volume of music lowers as it should and music still sound how it should).

My device: Oneplus 6 with Android 9.0 (OOS, rooted).

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hmm, is there a way to disable updates?
I keep installing the older build, but it secretly updates to this broken one which is still unusable non the less in my opinion. 
F.A.Q didn't help
It;s kinda annoying since u have to uninstall first to get it work, and then wait for scan to complete on  25.888 songs -_-

23 minutes ago, artem_zhigarev1 said:

If this defective and buggy release candidate with broken track switching buttons and a stuttering sound moves to the Market, then I will move to another player, with the appropriate recall and anti-advertising wherever possible.

Nobody's holding you. You can move on. BTW good luck finding another player like Poweramp ?✌ 

Come on guys, wouldn't it be sensible to make the UI smart finally? I just don't get it, why have you decided to move backwards with all the navigation and playback? makes no sense...
You wanna listen, you browse, you fast forward and skipp in seconds when you browse through your library for the right tune. it has to be like supermegasimple and intuitive! PLEASE bring back at least the playback option to library UI and fast option for foldier hierarchy in playlist..

as a mad audiophile I'm a huge PP fan and.. srsly, gu ys, just sit down and finish that UI once and for all. current build does not make little sence, except for the attempt on fresh design approach. which is simply useless for core users. why not just leave the esthetics to those guys who make skins..? :)

made a rough sample of LIBRARY AND MAIN UI MERGED:
 pwramp_sample_03.thumb.png.4835b07e1ca1a5b2a006b93b89f57c55.png

+ I strongly suggest to make vital nav buttons static (play, forward etc) in MAIN and LIBRARY UIs. just like in an e-browser tool bar - you don't wanna look for a hidden home button or page back/page forward, don't u?!

comon guys, who does that!? :D

23 minutes ago, SachinSachi said:

Nobody's holding you. You can move on. BTW good luck finding another player like Poweramp ?✌ 

Do you suggest that I find the same defective player? Really I came to the forum sadomasochists? But I found a replacement where there is direct volume control, and Hi-Res output, and the switching buttons work, and the sound does not stutter, but you will not be told. Envy

1 hour ago, pauzak said:

Come on guys, wouldn't it be sensible to make the UI smart finally? I just don't get it, why have you decided to move backwards with all the navigation and playback? makes no sense...
You wanna listen, you browse, you fast forward and skipp in seconds when you browse through your library for the right tune. it has to be like supermegasimple and intuitive! PLEASE bring back at least the playback option to library UI and fast option for foldier hierarchy in playlist..

as a mad audiophile I'm a huge PP fan and.. srsly, gu ys, just sit down and finish that UI once and for all. current build does not make little sence, except for the attempt on fresh design approach. which is simply useless for core users. why not just leave the esthetics to those guys who make skins..? :)

It looks... cluttered, to say the least.

1 hour ago, artem_zhigarev1 said:

Do you suggest that I find the same defective player? Really I came to the forum sadomasochists? But I found a replacement where there is direct volume control, and Hi-Res output, and the switching buttons work, and the sound does not stutter, but you will not be told. Envy

Congratulations..  ? ? 

3 hours ago, CypherMK said:

That's already on by default. But I can't send a specific log?

When malfunctioning in PA should actually occur when PA restarts a pop up window, with the request to submit the bug report.

Otherwise, take a few screenshots to document the error and send it to Max.

1 hour ago, pauzak said:

I Like your ROUGH SAMPLE.

I was looking for something like that, where can I download it?

40 minutes ago, MeGustaPowerAmp said:

It looks... cluttered, to say the least.

yeah, it's just an idea. a concept. a sketch.. not a functional end design.
still, buttons overlaying playback (797) is not a solution at all. I'm suggesting not the loks, but usability.. u can make it as minimal as it was in last build as far as there is playback options at all times while u browse, ffrwrd and skip..

pwramp_sample_03bss.png.935d93bd657d278e13cce360ec356d45.png

CRITICAL BUG on OnePlus 6 on android 8/9!
Noise when playing a song and receiving a notification with sound mode enabled

How to reproduce

1- Open a Poweramp and play a song

2-  enable volume ( no vibration or DND mode )

3- wait a notification 

you will hear something very noisy :(

1 hour ago, pauzak said:

yeah, it's just an idea. a concept. a sketch.. not a functional end design.
still, buttons overlaying playback (797) is not a solution at all. I'm suggesting not the loks, but usability.. u can make it as minimal as it was in last build as far as there is playback options at all times while u browse, ffrwrd and skip..

pwramp_sample_03bss.png.935d93bd657d278e13cce360ec356d45.png

I know, you said those screenshots are a "rough sample", but I like where the play buttons are in V797, IMO they're functional and aesthetically pleasant.

18 minutes ago, MeGustaPowerAmp said:

I know, you said those screenshots are a "rough sample", but I like where the play buttons are in V797, IMO they're functional and aesthetically pleasant.

sr, I don't think u'r reading the msg or using the legit version of PA without skins. V797 library/playlist UI has no playback buttons.. -_-' and it's a complete separate menu so far. 
my comments are not about the looks, it's a bout the general navigation main-->playlsit-->main. and I'm surprised u'r feeling comfy with playback buttons overlayed track spectre/line or whatever it's called. but I get it, some ppl like potatoes with apple jam.. so, yeah, peace :)

36 minutes ago, pauzak said:

sr, I don't think u'r reading the msg or using the legit version of PP without skins. V797 library/playlist UI has no playback buttons.. -_-' and it's a complete separate menu so far. 
my comments are not about the looks, it's a bout the general navigation main-->playlsit-->main. and I'm surprised u'r feeling comfy with playback buttons overlayed track spectre/line or whatever that's called. but I get it, some ppl like potatoes with apple jam.. so, yeah.. :)

Aren't we talking about the "Now Playing" screenshot? lol

Mmm, I see what you're talking about... yeah, some controls while in a playlist/library would be cool. 

You should give this "skin" a try and see if you like it; no, it does not have the "controls while in playlist" thing, but it looks like this:

https://content.invisioncic.com/r156363/monthly_2018_09/1588748275_.jpg.027d62f9dcc83c63a83bdf9b1fb666d6.jpg

Pick your favorite one ?

9 hours ago, luv4metalcore said:

This is right but other replies different than what I was talking about and point is below but still don't get all the gist of it.

Troubleshooting is just more than telling someone about a bug, it is making sure the bug is from what you think it is from. You have to try other things not just say it is from one thing without knowing, like others are doing here. That is the darn point I am making and you keep going to something I am not even talking about. Just because someone says it is a bug from PA, does not necessary mean it is actually PA with the bug. Any one that troubleshoots for problems knows there are many reasons a bug could happen and it could be also other beta software that is installed if you have many beta software installed. Not that hard to gather from what I was saying, just because you guys can't get that, is not my fault at all.

It can be compatibility issues between the different beta software's installed. Most custom roms are not finished products and are in develop stages still. Go ahead interpret me wrong again. OS is the host of the apps, and if the host is not working well in the first place, then the whatever is inside (apps) could be bugged from the host. Custom roms are a risk to take for this kind of thing. Beta testing is not just about telling something but also actually trying something to see what the problem of the cause for it is too.

Some people are not saying what they have tried to solve it. This helps the developer get things done quicker without him having to do all the troubleshooting. Plus, the word "reporting" you mention, is just telling, and not mentioning any troubleshooting tried. You can mention troubleshooting steps taken when reporting but not in this apps case as far as been reading posts here.

Usually, just mention of a bug and device, OS used and nothing else. This was all a mention to help Max out. If you aren't willing to troubleshoot, then fine, to those who just tell of a bug and device and os only. Detail is a friend to a developer.

Troubleshotting isn't always possible; i.e, what am I supposed to do if PA FC when I open it? Send a log and report it, right? And what if the button play dissapears in X build? How I'm supossed to fix that?

Yeah, there's the typical  "How I do / fix "X" message where: 

a)  the fix is obvious

b) the fix is already in the thread or worse yet, is in the OP's first post. 

c) it isn't a bug at all 

But some reports are actual bugs, and sometimes it isn't possible to follow X steps to replicate that issue / fix it... or is downright impossible to find what's causing that bug (this specially applies when you're using custom SW)

Anybody having problems with the volume keys for skipping a track? Even if Poweramp is NOT playing, a long press on the volume key (while phone is locked) does start Poweramp and playback. So often while I sit in university and the music accidently starts playing. It does not happen with standard LineageOS music player. So I THINK it might be a Poweramp issue...

Hello, I'm using Poweramp in an Android powered car audio system. I like using it over the factory player as it looks and works better.

Since installing the 796 version, I have two issues, on power up, after about a minute or two of playing audio files from a USB stick, the audio seems to start lagging and pauses due to buffer or USB issues, eventually stopping. If I close all running apps and restarting Poweramp I can sometimes avoid this. Alternatively I just restart the deck to fix it entirely.

The second issue is the Bluetooth resume issue, it doesn't automatically start playing again after a phone call.

I'm running Poweramp on a Joying car deck, model JY-UO134P4. I hope these problems are just settings. :)

Thanks

It's been a few days.   Frankly I'm finding more bugs than I ever expected when I first got the beta.  (I have 797).  I would love to know if they will be fixed.

1.  I can't get the queue to start playing immediately after an album.  It sometimes plays after a single song, which is what the setting says is the default (it isn't), but this is inconsistent.  The folder setting is too obscure:  I don't know tech, but I know how to communicate in English, and this doesn't.  It says that turning it on will get rid of the default setting that moves to the queue after a single song.  It doesn't do that, and it is not clear what it is supposed to do.  I want to move from any completed list to the queue:  that was easy in the old version and completely unavailable in this one.

2.  Sometimes when I'm playing an album, Poweramp just stops playing after one or two songs.  Why?

3.  When it does this, it's sometimes associated with a song scrobbling to Last FM that I never played.  For example, I was playing Regina Carter, and Last FM told me I was scrobbling the Rolling Stones.  WTF?

4.  When I load a playlist (which is often), or a queue, there are two buttons that will begin playing music:  one for play (a triangle) and one for shuffle (two arrows twisted together).  Elsewhere in Poweramp, the twisty arrows symbol means "shuffle all songs":  here it means something different.  Use a different symbol, and be consistent.  Worse, pushing that button defaults to "shuffle all songs and all lists."  Why is that the default?  I always choose "shuffle this [gosh darn] list".  Why won't Poweramp remember this choice?

5.  When you touch a song on certain lists, it starts to play.  WTF?  ONLY the play button should start the music playing.  I woke up my wife at 3AM, and now I'm in big trouble and it's your fault.

I thought I'd get more and more used to the upgrade.  Instead, I like it less and less, the more I use it.

Archived