Headphones buttons are not responding when the screen is locked or off

Silvester

The headphone button is responding only when I'm inside the player. It's not working when I'm out of the player or my screen is locked/screen is off. Its really annoying when I have to unlock my screen every time to change the song. Is it a known bug?? You people are already working on it.

Do you have any applications that modifies the behavior of the buttons like Sony smartkey or similar? 

How does other players behave for example spotify? 

To my Nokia 8 going from 8.1 August security patch to 8.1 September patch for some reason changed the behavior of the hf buttons. 

Before I needed to have that Sony smartkey app installed and running to get the buttons to respond when my screen was off and phone was in my pocket. 

However after I got that September patch I got no response from Poweramp or spotify when my phone was on my pocket and screen was off. 

I had to uninstall the Sony smartkey to get both of the apps to work again. 

I know that this may not be same as your issue expecially if you have not installed any system updates when Poweramp broke, but this may help to troubleshoot your problems. 

Just to say that I know your pain because on your shoes my main function of the phone would be crippled heavily and I might even consider going back to my old galaxy s5 just to get that functionality back. 

El 17/9/2018 a las 8:32, Silvester dijo:

El botón de auriculares está respondiendo solo cuando estoy dentro del reproductor. No funciona cuando estoy fuera del reproductor o mi pantalla está bloqueada / la pantalla está apagada. Es realmente molesto cuando tengo que desbloquear mi pantalla para cambiar la canción. ¿¿Es un error conocido ?? Ustedes ya están trabajando en eso.

En ALP-L09C432B152, lo que no funciona bien con la pantalla apagada o bloqueada es bajar volumen (- volumen) esto pasa desde el control del dispositivo, como desde el control de los auriculares, en versiones beta de PA y también en esta ultima RC 797.

En ALP-L09C432B152, lo que no funciona bien con la pantalla apagada o bloqueada es bajar de volumen (-volume) Esto va desde el control del dispositivo, como desde el control de los auriculares, en versiones beta de PA y también en este último RC 797.

Hey thanks for your reply Atomi and Francisco. Actually the earphones button to change the songs wasn't working. And now it got resolved during the latest update. Now I'm able to change the song even when the screen is off/ phone's locked in my pocket.

Poweramp is awesome guyz. Hope you would come over all the issues and errors and provide a full stable version quickly. ?

19 minutes ago, Silvester said:

Oye, gracias por tu respuesta, Atomi y Francisco. En realidad, el botón de auriculares para cambiar las canciones no funcionaba. Y ahora se resolvió durante la última actualización. Ahora puedo cambiar la canción incluso cuando la pantalla está apagada / el teléfono está bloqueado en mi bolsillo.

Poweramp es increíble Guyz. Espero que veas todos los problemas y errores y proporciones una versión estable completa rápidamente. ?

Salu2,

en misma situación puedes bajar el volumen (- vol)??

In the same situation you can lower the Volume (-vol)??

Archived