headset contols: disabling native player?

kingzee

The instructions in Poweramp say to disable headset contols in other players if you want to use it with Poweramp. But, I am unable to figure out how to do this with the native player. How do you do that? There isn't an option, and every time I try to use my headest controls when using Poweramp, it initiates Androids native player instead.

I am using a Droid 2 with Froyo (2.2).

Thanks for the report.

Do you use bluetooth headset or wired one?

Android 2.2 always redirects the buttons to the last player which played something. So basically, you start PowerAMP, hit play, and after that all future headset presses will go to PowerAMP until you start any other player. Though, Motorola might broke this in their Rom, but I hope they didn't.

• 2 months later...

I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to share my solution.

The native Music player on Droid 2 always intercepts wired headset button presses when the screen is locked. A workaround for this is to use TitaniumBackup's "freeze" function to disable the native Music player. With the native Music player "frozen" and no longer running in the background, the button presses are sent to Poweramp when the screen is locked or unlocked. This has been tested on my Droid 2 (Froyo 2.2, Stock Rom 2.3.20).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived