Library bugs [Build 796]

otnp

Hi, there are a few bugs that i noticed, mainly with the library visualisation:
- When there are several albums with the same name (but not by the same artist), thumbnails get mixed up between these (see attachment for two examples) 
- Sometimes the duration of the songs is on the right of these, sometimes not
- In the previous versions, when you browsing the artist list, if I recall correctly, it did'nt jump from one letter to another like it does now, scroll used to go through the list of artists starting with that letter (don't know if that's clear enough)
- Musixmatch used to be more integrated within the app iirc, and was called when you pressed the lyrics button, now it can only be used through that shitty ass widget of theirs

Thank you a lot

Screenshot_20180914-161826.jpg

Screenshot_20180914-161924.jpg

2 hours ago, Otonip said:
Hi, there are a few bugs that i noticed, mainly with the library visualisation:
- When there are several albums with the same name (but not by the same artist), thumbnails get mixed up between these (see attachment for two examples) 
- Sometimes the duration of the songs is on the right of these, sometimes not
- In the previous versions, when you browsing the artist list, if I recall correctly, it did'nt jump from one letter to another like it does now, scroll used to go through the list of artists starting with that letter (don't know if that's clear enough)
- Musixmatch used to be more integrated within the app iirc, and was called when you pressed the lyrics button, now it can only be used through that shitty ass widget of theirs

Thank you a lot

Thanks for the feedback.

- album art is resolved (at least for albums) vs Album + Artist name. This means, different Album + Artist combinations may have different album art
- Poweramp takes duration from your track tags / properties - if tag is wrong - wrong duration is displayed (true esp. for mp3 vbr files). To save phone battery, Poweramp doesn't prescan or decode whole file to get correct duration, which may be OK solution for PC, but not for mobile device with limited battery. Still, Poweramp will correct the duration when track is loaded to play for first time
- if (any) category is sorted by title / name, A-Z scrolling becomes possible and it is used by default. I have plans to add option to always force scrolling thumb instead of A-Z
- better lyrics support via 3rd party plugins is planned for next builds (not for v3 release though)

Archived