Poweramp beta build-796

maxmp

I'm having a few issues with the latest update, playing music by album seems to skip random tracks and then crash at the end of the album instead of going to the next album, this is with jump to next list enabled. 

V796

Samsung S8+ Exynos (UK)

8.0 August Update

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Camzo said:

I'm having a few issues with the latest update, playing music by album seems to skip random tracks and then crash at the end of the album instead of going to the next album, this is with jump to next list enabled. 

V796

Samsung S8+ Exynos (UK)

8.0 August Update

Same problem

On 9/14/2018 at 7:28 PM, Devin said:

For the love of God, put in an option to disable swiping to change tracks!!!

In fact, scrap the UI altogether, and make something that *isn't* a flaming pile of godawful-flash-over-practical-function, quasi Material Design, pain in the ass, eyesore garbage.

You mean like the perfectly working full featured v2?

7 hours ago, Bobeca said:

@maxmp

I get a lot of crashes all the time. Sometimes it is when the next song should start and sometimes is when I try to skip a song. Previous version was fine. I have send all the crash reports over the email... Samsung S7 with stock Oreo

I have a s7 edge and no problems at all about crashes that most are saying about. Maybe it is the Exynos processor in the devices it is not compatible. Do not get upset either. Just saying.

16 hours ago, ScarletNeko said:

Ip1Ky5m.jpgUsing it on the LG G7, and I still didn't got any bug so far! Neither on this or the older updates (since after the alpha). My last post was on the alpha 790 and I had a Moto Z Play, now with this phone I have hi-res audio out and it's been working wonderfully, it's a completely new universe, and a universe that I've been exploring without bugs (at least on the features I use). The only thing I noticed is, very rarely, using the hi-res output with DVC makes the sound get out through the phone speaker, and not the headphones itself, but a reboot fix this, and nothing more.

Actually I would like to request something. There's a list view option on the alpha 790 which I miss very very much! I'll link the picture showing it. I know I'm only one, but I would surely love to see this listing mode back...

Mee too

8 hours ago, Martin Medrano said:

Does the new beta have a hapless option

If you mean gapless, I'm afraid not. Although Poweramp is capable of playing gapless it only does so after all the songs in a folder/playlist are played at least once. So if you play the folder/playlist for the second time it plays gapless. Pretty inconvenient. The cut silence setting for some reason is removed from V3 and didn't return.

8 hours ago, Mr. Make Believe said:

If you mean gapless, I'm afraid not. Although Poweramp is capable of playing gapless it only does so after all the songs in a folder/playlist are played at least once. So if you play the folder/playlist for the second time it plays gapless. Pretty inconvenient. The cut silence setting for some reason is removed from V3 and didn't return.

Mr. Make Believe, what settings do you use to achieve this result?  I have played an entire album with v3 and the second time through still do not have gapless.  I'm disappointed Max hasn't said anything about this feature one way or another yet.

3 hours ago, Kingog said:

Mr. Make Believe, what settings do you use to achieve this result?  I have played an entire album with v3 and the second time through still do not have gapless.  I'm disappointed Max hasn't said anything about this feature one way or another yet.

Not sure if settings have any influence but you'll find my settings attached. Maybe it also has to do with the source file? Check the attached image. 

Screenshot_2018-09-17-20-15-53.jpg

Screenshot_2018-09-17-20-16-19.jpg

Screenshot_2018-09-17-20-16-46.jpg

Screenshot_2018-09-17-20-20-01.jpg

23 hours ago, Kingog said:

Thanks for the reply.  I tried those settings and just have a crossfade between songs now.  When I turned the crossfade off, there is still a gap. My music is mostly WMA files.

@Kingog Maybe it has to do with the encoding of the file. Mine are mp3 encoded by LAME, which is supposed to be gapless. See attached video what happens. The video didn't came out as great as I hoped for but if you listen closely you get the idea. The first run you hear a small gap. The second run it's gapless. It would be great if you could encode an album with LAME to see if you can reproduce this since it might be of help for Max to solve this bug.

@maxmp just tagging you in on this since it gives a good idea of what happens when Poweramp plays these gapless files and maybe it helps you solving this bug. Maybe it has to do something with how songs are buffered? Anyway thanks for your hard work, it's appreciated. Keep it up!

Screenshot_2018-09-18-21-29-29.jpg

Screenshot_2018-09-18-21-29-40.jpg

Everything works as expected, and most of the bugs are fixed...except for one:

Not sure whether anyone encountered this, but my music will sometimes stop playing after a song or two. I always play albums from start to finish, and every other album will just stop playing after the second or so song. Not a deal breaker as I can just hit play again and it will pick up and almost always continue playing until the very end. Just more so annoying.

On 9/17/2018 at 8:28 AM, Mr. Make Believe said:

I have to correct this post, since it's not correct. The player is gapless when playing gapless encoded files from the internal memory. Max was kind enough to dive into gapless playback and found out the problem is that songs aren't loaded fast enough from the SD card. I can confirm this is the problem. Loading gapless MP3's from the internal memory result in smooth gapless playback. Thnx Max.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Make Believe said:

I have to correct this post, since it's not correct. The player is gapless when playing gapless encoded files from the internal memory. Max was kind enough to dive into gapless playback and found out the problem is that songs aren't loaded fast enough from the SD card. I can confirm this is the problem. Loading gapless MP3's from the internal memory result in smooth gapless playback. Thnx Max.

Glad you guys are figuring it out. So, does it actually play gapless from SD on second play? If so, is the player keeping the track in memory or something?

I wonder if he could add some kind of buffer for smooth playback from SD?

1 hour ago, djdarko said:

Glad you guys are figuring it out. So, does it actually play gapless from SD on second play? If so, is the player keeping the track in memory or something?

I wonder if he could add some kind of buffer for smooth playback from SD?

Yes it does play gapless from SD on second play. So I hope there is a way to prebufffer the next song so that the load speed from SD isn't a bottleneck in the process. This is more of a new feature than a bug though, so it's up to Max to figure this out if he wants to, when he wants to and it all depends on if he finds a solution for this. We can just hope for the best I guess. In the meantime I will try to experiment with increasing the SD buffer on Android to see if this has any effect and keep you guys posted.

8 minutes ago, Mr. Make Believe said:

Yes it does play gapless from SD on second play. 

Presumably Android is caching something (perhaps the directory list?). Might be worth trying just a few songs placed in a root-level folder on the SD Card and see if that works more reliably? Also worth seeing if tweaking the audio output mode and/or buffers make a difference.

Andre

Archived