Poweramp beta build-796

maxmp

22 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Are you referring to the long disc-image file which a CUE file derives its sub-tracks from? Or the CUE pseudo-tracks themselves? If the former, then I agree with you that if the user has not enabled the 'Show CUE Disc Image Files' option in Settings>Library>Lists, then those big disc-image files should not be displayed in a long files view either. I suspect Max may not have considered those files when writing the conditional statement to filter the list.

Andre

Thanks - check those option - yes - it were ON.

Will be nice see this option in settings of LONG FILES view too.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello,

I have a problem with the Library.

I have some folder where Poweramp can't found music!

For exemple folder with subfolder with albums (Artist\Album)

Even when I select this folder only..

Am I doing something wrong or is it a know issue? 

10 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Hello,

I have a problem with the Library.

I have some folder where Poweramp can't found music!

For exemple folder with subfolder with albums (Artist\Album)

Even when I select this folder only..

Am I doing something wrong or is it a know issue? 

On 8/15/2018 at 4:51 PM, djdarko said:

Try this:

Click the 3 dots and select "List Options", then enable "Folders Hierarchy".

313861207_Screenshot_20180815-164649(1).thumb.png.f0ef09c05d6e2e6b4b2d188f1d73e4b2.png

Would like to report new bugs with Bluetooth, connected to my car stereo (Pioneer) below:

- When playing, sometimes Poweramp just stops for no reason. The notification panel is gone too so I assume that it's also closed.

- After phone call, it doesn't immediately continue playing. Strangely, the current playing song skips to the next 3 songs. For example, if I'm in the middle of song #4, after call it returns to the #7. Pressing Play starts that song #7 from the beginning. Note that I'm playing an album by Folder, no shuffle and no repeat.

The 2 issues above never happened before on 793 and 795. I'm using S8+ on stock Oreo.

Also it's a bit difficult to distinguish between no shuffle and shuffle all songs on black theme.

Thanks Max!

15 minutes ago, tukanglistrik said:

Also it's a bit difficult to distinguish between no shuffle and shuffle all songs on black theme.

Agreed, I easily can't tell whether shuffle is on or off as the difference is so slight, especially with mid-tone backgrounds:

Shuffle Off: image.png

Shuffle On (All Songs mode): image.png

I'd suggest the icon should have an obvious 'cancelled' line drawn through it when it's off - or maybe just make the background change colour to show whether button is in use, like the Sleep button does:

Sleep Inactive: image.png

Sleep Active: image.png

(although on a tangent, the sleep icon would actually be more helpful if it had a 'minutes remaining' countdown inside the button as well)

Andre

On 9/11/2018 at 9:12 PM, maxmp said:

long press on pro << >> buttons seeks as previously

Hi Max, first, thanks for your work. 

Also, thanks for the quoted feature, but I'm having problems with it. 

Look, if it were more “granular" it would be perfect, but right now it's... annoying. 

I can't just rewind the audio file a couple of seconds, because right now “seek" action happens so fast that it “seeks twice" (sorry, I don't know how to put this in words) and every seek is 5 seconds long, so every single time I try to use this feature, it rewinds 10 whole seconds.

What if the first “seek" is separated from the other ones? I mean, like this:

You press the <</>> button, the first seek happens, and a moment later (1 second maybe?) the seek action continues.

Seek duration could be progressive, too...

Yeah, I know my request is very picky, but my English listening skills are somewhat poor and I'm trying to listen to podcasts in English to improve them (my listening skills, not the podcasts lol) so that's why I'm making this request.

I have all my music organized in nested folders.   Before the recent betas if I wanted to shuffle a folder I would just long press on it and the option to play & shuffle all songs in that folder and subfolders would appear.  I don't see that option anymore, has it moved or has that just not been implemented in the new betas yet?  It looks like maybe it was replaced by a shuffle icon in this image?
https://photos.app.goo.gl/wfWYro2srSeWR7Do7 
However when I press it doesn't shuffle those folders.  

I've never used the queue function before, I was trying that as an alternative but can't quite figure it out the best way to use it.  I use Poweramp while driving, so the less buttons required the better.   If I wanted to recreate the long press is this the process?
open library
select queue
clear queue
navigate to folder to play
long press folder
press queue
select shuffle just songs

2 hours ago, Auroz said:

Hello, I'm having this problem with all the 79X (v3) versions: the app opens but it just shows a black screen.
I'm using a Galaxy SIII running Lineage 14.1 (Android 7.1.2)

EDIT: 709 doesn't work either as it stops at the Poweramp logo, the most recent version working is 704.

EDIT2: by restarting the phone after installing 795 and only then opening the app I managed to make the permissions promt to appear and thus be able to use the app. Most of the times I open the app directly from the installation wizard it gets bugged I guess because of missing permissions it has to ask but forgets how...

EDIT3: got stuck in black screen again just by closing and opening the app...

can't you just go to the phone settings and give PA all the permissions it needs.

On 9/12/2018 at 3:07 PM, Ameya28 said:

@maxmp after listening carefully i noticed distortion in lower bass notes like drum kicks or even in vocals if prominent in the song  even at full volume. This wasn't present in the 795 build. Im using the opensl es output. Dunno if anyone else is facing this problem.

+1

13 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Agreed, I easily can't tell whether shuffle is on or off as the difference is so slight, especially with mid-tone backgrounds:

Shuffle Off: image.png

Shuffle On (All Songs mode): image.png

I'd suggest the icon should have an obvious 'cancelled' line drawn through it when it's off - or maybe just make the background change colour to show whether button is in use, like the Sleep button does:

Sleep Inactive: image.png

Sleep Active: image.png

(although on a tangent, the sleep icon would actually be more helpful if it had a 'minutes remaining' countdown inside the button as well)

Andre

Agreed. There's an inconsistency beetween button panels while is active or not especially for sleep button and other.

For the love of God, put in an option to disable swiping to change tracks!!!

In fact, scrap the UI altogether, and make something that *isn't* a flaming pile of godawful-flash-over-practical-function, quasi Material Design, pain in the ass, eyesore garbage.

Hi, All!

First of all thanks to developers for the support and further development of the program.

There are several problems with Bluetooth:

1. Problems with tag sending and controlling player using bluetooth phones or car audio when Hi-Res output mode is in use.

If I choose the Hi-Res audio output (for bluetooth) and start playing music using Poweramp it works only until I use another app that uses bluetooth phones. Consider I played some music using Poweramp, then I switched to Youtube and watch something. Eeverything worked fine until the next moment - then I switched back to Poweramp and both bluetooth control and tags did not work. The problem can be fixed by switching back to the standard audio output and then to the Hi-Res one. Of cause it will arise again after use of the other app that uses bluetooth headphones.

2. The "Show artist and album in track title" option (in the Bluetooth) does not work. Both bluetooth headphones and car audio show only track title in both switch positions.

3. If you switch tracks when the playing paused the track title (on the bluetooth device) does not change - it shows the last played (when standard audio output was chosen) or shows nothing (with Hi-Res audio output option). Not a big problem, but it probably is not expected behavior.

The Poweramp version 796, Android 8.1 (Xiaomi Redmi Note 5).

Archived