Poweramp beta build-796

maxmp

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, andrewilley said:

I think the OP was merely asking that this issue be treated as a bug (i.e. something to be looked at during the final beta stages before the release of v3) rather than a Feature Request which may not be addressed until some time later.

Andre

That is exactly what I ment Andre, thank you for explaining this.

@maxmp, first of all the app is working wonderfully, great work.

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but in v2 and 70x I could select Genre category, and then sort by Album Artist. Seems like there's no option for this anymore since 793. I would like my compilation albums to be under "Various Artists", not split by the song Artist.

Also, is there something like a timeout when doing a full scan? I have huge number of songs (10000+) stored in SD card and when doing the full scan it seems to stop after about 3/4 so around 1/4 of my songs are unplayable and without album cover. Rescan usually solves this like it's scanning the remaining 1/4 properly.

Thanks again for your hard work!

Device: Samsung S8+ on Oreo.

5 minutes ago, SCHiZZ3O said:

Yes, it happens every time

We've been reporting this bug since the day of 796 release. I hope he fixes it soon.

Here is a temporary workaround: Use a widget or the lockscreen to change tracks/albums.

Note: You must clear (close/swipe away) the Poweramp tab from being open on your device, or it will still crash.

Just now, djdarko said:

We've been reporting this bug since the day of 796 release. I hope he fixes it soon.

Here is a temporary workaround: Use a widget or the lockscreen to change tracks/albums.

Note: You must clear (close/swipe away) the Poweramp tab from being open on your device, or it will still crash.

In the previous assembly, such an error did not arise, I'll switch to 795 until I correct this error.

I'm not sure if it just works differently somehow, but one of my most used ways of playing music in Poweramp in V2 was folder hierarchy and then long pressing a folder that contains a lot of subfolders and choosing shuffle.

This way I could shuffle by Album.

So Poweramp would play one of my albums (folders) and then continue to the next, but only within the parent folder I selected to shuffle.

In this version Poweramp doesn't restrict this to the parent folder I selected but shuffles all my songs.

I think it was called shuffle by list in V2 but in V3 there is only shuffle by category.

Will this come back or am I just overlooking how it works now?

8 hours ago, th3voic3 said:

I'm not sure if it just works differently somehow, but one of my most used ways of playing music in Poweramp in V2 was folder hierarchy and then long pressing a folder that contains a lot of subfolders and choosing shuffle.

This way I could shuffle by Album.

So Poweramp would play one of my albums (folders) and then continue to the next, but only within the parent folder I selected to shuffle.

In this version Poweramp doesn't restrict this to the parent folder I selected but shuffles all my songs.

I think it was called shuffle by list in V2 but in V3 there is only shuffle by category.

Will this come back or am I just overlooking how it works now?

Dude im with you and hopping this too.

On 9/12/2018 at 3:12 AM, maxmp said:

• new Long files category

@maxmp as someone who has quite a few long audio files on my phone, this new feature would be massively more useful if you could give a quick tweak to the option to allow a range of lengths rather than just a minimum value. So there would be two controls on the slider bar rather than one - the left-hand slider on the bar would adjust the minimum song length, and the right-hand one would set the maximum song length (both ranging from 0 to Max).

The category would thus become a much more flexible 'Length' view rather than only a 'Long' view, and it would be possible to not just show tracks over a specified length, but also ones that are shorter than a certain length. For example, you could view all tracks that are less than 10 minutes long by leaving minimum end of the slider at 0, and setting the maximum value to 10.

The reason this would be so useful is that if the user played such a category in Shuffle Songs mode, they would instantly eliminate all of the longer spoken-word/podcast/audiobook/radio-show/etc stuff from the random playback sequence, which was the part of the original aim of the request for the new view (to filter out longer tracks). It would effectively add a much-requested feature with almost zero extra work for you.

Andre

34 minutes ago, 7OH said:

LONG FILES has a bug (as for me) - it show some CUE as track.

Are you referring to the long disc-image file which a CUE file derives its sub-tracks from? Or the CUE pseudo-tracks themselves? If the former, then I agree with you that if the user has not enabled the 'Show CUE Disc Image Files' option in Settings>Library>Lists, then those big disc-image files should not be displayed in a long files view either. I suspect Max may not have considered those files when writing the conditional statement to filter the list.

Andre

Archived