Jump to content
Poweramp
maxmp

Poweramp beta build-796

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Mrmahdi said:

@maxmp

In landscape mode, the screen always flashes, and if you have this problem, set the screen to the vertical, please check this out. Of course I do not need this feature, but it's also a mess for users on tablets.

It's strange, but the problem is language. If the problem is solved, if it's automatic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the update @maxmp

It's working flawlessly album art loads properly no more crashing on my favourite Poweramp's default skin.

But if I use Skin & use new alternative layout Poweramp crashes randomly.

This not new to me it was there in v795 as well but not that frequent

Device Redmi Note 4, stock miui latest, no root

Here's a video regarding this

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GO9XHO3glu1NBO1geRDqECMl7lcf4r0p/view?usp=drivesdk

Thanks again for your hard work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, maxmp said:

When Most Played category is played, counters are not updated (as list is dynamically reloaded, and updating counters changes track order). Same for Recently Played category.

Great update, but there's still "Previous song" button missing in widget on lockscreen.

Screenshot_20180912-125800.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, CVBNM,.- said:

Great update, but there's still "Previous song" button missing in widget on lockscreen.

Screenshot_20180912-125800.jpg

In setting look and feel -> notification -> show previous...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am really excited about the new version and it is working well for me.  One issue, and this perhaps falls under a feature request and not a bug- but on the player ui, it would be nice to rearrange the order of the title, album, artist.   As it is now, the name of the album can often be so long that the name of the artist gets truncated., which to me is a more important detail.  It would be great if Artist and album were reversed.

Thanks for the great work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can someone help me out as I'm not sure if this is a glitch it a setting that I'm missing.

Basically, I'm set to resume playing when Bluetooth is connected. My playlist is always set to shuffle. However, it seems like Poweramp forgets the song that's playing once I turn my Bluetooth off and will then shuffle to a different one upon reconnection. In addition to this, it will sometimes pick a new song but start playing in the middle of it rather than from the beginning like it used to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, jaxtherogue said:

I am really excited about the new version and it is working well for me.  One issue, and this perhaps falls under a feature request and not a bug- but on the player ui, it would be nice to rearrange the order of the title, album, artist.   As it is now, the name of the album can often be so long that the name of the artist gets truncated., which to me is a more important detail.  It would be great if Artist and album were reversed.

Thanks for the great work!

Thanks for the feedback.

It's not just the player ui labels - the track item is the same everywhere - this is what makes those transitions possible. If something is different e.g. in list vs main screen, than this difference should be animated somehow (or visually unpleasant jump happens), thus such change is a bit harder to do as it should be applied to everything (main screen, all lists, all zoom levels, all possible option combinations).

What is planned (not for the v3 release, but for subsequent builds) is more configurable title / album / artist area, but it will affect everything as track item always the same everywhere.

 

49 minutes ago, Salpal said:

Can someone help me out as I'm not sure if this is a glitch it a setting that I'm missing.

Basically, I'm set to resume playing when Bluetooth is connected. My playlist is always set to shuffle. However, it seems like Poweramp forgets the song that's playing once I turn my Bluetooth off and will then shuffle to a different one upon reconnection. In addition to this, it will sometimes pick a new song but start playing in the middle of it rather than from the beginning like it used to.

Poweramp saves track position on pause, track itself - on track change.  If you're getting non-recent track / position - Poweramp had no chance to save at all - it was killed or crashed (you'll get suggestion to send error).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, maxmp said:

Thanks for the feedback.

It's not just the player ui labels - the track item is the same everywhere - this is what makes those transitions possible. If something is different e.g. in list vs main screen, than this difference should be animated somehow (or visually unpleasant jump happens), thus such change is a bit harder to do as it should be applied to everything (main screen, all lists, all zoom levels, all possible option combinations).

What is planned (not for the v3 release, but for subsequent builds) is more configurable title / album / artist area, but it will affect everything as track item always the same everywhere.

Gotcha. Thanks for the response. It's not super critical so if it is on the roadmap, I'm happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, maxmp said:

Thanks for the feedback.

It's not just the player ui labels - the track item is the same everywhere - this is what makes those transitions possible. If something is different e.g. in list vs main screen, than this difference should be animated somehow (or visually unpleasant jump happens), thus such change is a bit harder to do as it should be applied to everything (main screen, all lists, all zoom levels, all possible option combinations).

 What is planned (not for the v3 release, but for subsequent builds) is more configurable title / album / artist area, but it will affect everything as track item always the same everywhere.

So this explains why the titles are static (not scrolling).

More importantly though, are you going to issue a hotfix for the album/list change crashing that several of us have reported?

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Prosenjit said:

Thanks for the update @maxmp

It's working flawlessly album art loads properly no more crashing on my favourite Poweramp's default skin.

But if I use Skin & use new alternative layout Poweramp crashes randomly.

This not new to me it was there in v795 as well but not that frequent

Device Redmi Note 4, stock miui latest, no root

Here's a video regarding this

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GO9XHO3glu1NBO1geRDqECMl7lcf4r0p/view?usp=drivesdk

Thanks again for your hard work

Thanks for the feedback. This is actually unrelated to skin (crash on category change) and will be fixed in (soon to come) build.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

La nueva actualización  Poweramp beta build-796 al momento de girar la pantalla crea un bug donde empieza a parpadear la pantalla muchas veces arreglen eso porfavor max regresare a Poweramp beta build-795 esta mas estable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@sztsam This can happen if track properties say 4:38, but actual track length is 4:55+. If you can upload this track for tests and share link with me, I can check it and say for sure. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mrmahdi said:

It's strange, but the problem is language. If the problem is solved, if it's automatic

Same problem help!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@maxmp after listening carefully i noticed distortion in lower bass notes like drum kicks or even in vocals if prominent in the song  even at full volume. This wasn't present in the 795 build. Im using the opensl es output. Dunno if anyone else is facing this problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, maxmp said:

@sztsam This can happen if track properties say 4:38, but actual track length is 4:55+. If you can upload this track for tests and share link with me, I can check it and say for sure. Thanks!

Track proeprties say 4:38 and other music player say the same. 

When i stop the music at a same time,

other music player: 4:05/4:38

Poweramp: 4:32/4:38

Most song are doing that but only 2-3 seconds

https://mega.nz/#!Eh8HGYDR!-j761uig8Oe7lsrF8tb7Ch7RBVRBV_jgZ05yJm9U7sA

Thanks

Edit: I resetted all the data and problem still exist

Edited by sztsam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, maxmp said:

Poweramp saves track position on pause, track itself - on track change.  If you're getting non-recent track / position - Poweramp had no chance to save at all - it was killed or crashed (you'll get suggestion to send error).

Thanks for the response. I'll research this more to see if I can figure out what's up.

 

Appreciate it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, macd90 said:

for some reason when changes the language to english the app stop crashing

Thanks for the temporal solution it works

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×