Sort by year & Add Lyrics(metadata to the song)

napster_8

1. Sorting by year would give the users new songs in their library to immediate access. Well not too mnay people like to hear shuffled or old songs. 

2. Adding lyrics metadata to the mp3 file itself would be reallly awesome option to have within the player. Currently there is an option only to view lyrics.

User Defined Shuffle sounds like a wonderful idea. Even a simple user-chosen filter would be good - e..g. exclude songs older than a year, exclude tracks longer than 10 minutes, exclude songs from particular categories/genres (e.g exclude soundtracks and radio), exclude specific folders or filenames (wildcard matched). Hopefully Max might be willing to put something like that on the to-do list sometime?

Andre

You were asking about not wanting to hear shuffled old songs in your original post, that's what my comment related to.

I rather doubt that lyric-writing would be a major priority though - especially when similar requests for writing cover art and ratings back to files don't seem to be likely at the moment. I would have thought that sort of thing is more of a function for tag management apps rather than a music player. 

Andre

Archived