Poweramp
BingBadaBoom

Embed Album Art

Really enjoy the app. I recently found the really useful tool that allows you to search up missing album art. The only problem is that the album art doesn't embed into the mp3 tag... Example. If you use another app to play your music the album art won't show up. Only in Poweramp. Is there a way to embed the album art through power amp? 

Thanks

No, you gotta copy them to your SD card take it to your computer and embed them. Another topic on here explains how to do so.

Yeah I know how to do that. Just don't understand why Poweramp wouldn't implement a permanent fix for this, so we wouldn't have to do that. Why build a boat that would only take you half away across the river.... I know they work really hard making this great app. Seems that it wouldn't much harder to make a option for this.

Max has generally not been keen on things that require a complete re-write of a music file, rather than just modifying an existing entry where the space already exists in the file. I think this is due to concerns that it would forcibly interrupt music playback, although I can't see why there couldn't be a confirmation prompt warning you that this will happen if you continue. Like you, I would love to see the ability to write album art to files, and also things like ratings and play-counts (via the POPM tag), but I don't know how likely it is for that to happen.

Andre

Yeah I know it's easier said than done that comes with complications.. I know there's an app out there on the Google store that allows you to do this. Maybe a collaboration of things could go one between them. I'd even pay an extra buck for the option too. It's definitely an attraction piece to implement this into an app. People are always asking for an option like this.

I'm about 45% done getting album cover and with hi-rez and then going to the computer to embed. It would be easier but by then I should be done. Also he still gotta finish the fix for crashing I get after 3 album change. It's freaking annoying, I would've been done by now.

Hey I'm back. I wanted to add an idea that would possibly help "fix" the issue with emeded album art. I know it's very complicated to code a new feature in a app, so developing a way to embed Album art my not be possible at this time. I have a possible solution to this though. I do not totally understand how Poweramp "embeds" their album art work when searching online through the app, but I believe they do it through a cache processes. For example, when you have album art missing you can search some online. This creates a cache path so the album will appear in the app, but will not embed it. Would it be possible to import albums caches to a new phone? Let's say someone spent all this time (me, and I'm sure other users) searched album art through the app but are getting a new phone soon. Could they possibly import their album art cache to their new phone? I think it could be possible. Unless the way cache works doesn't allow it... Let me know what you guys think?