Embed Album Art

BingBadaBoom

Really enjoy the app. I recently found the really useful tool that allows you to search up missing album art. The only problem is that the album art doesn't embed into the mp3 tag... Example. If you use another app to play your music the album art won't show up. Only in Poweramp. Is there a way to embed the album art through power amp? 

Thanks

Yeah I know how to do that. Just don't understand why Poweramp wouldn't implement a permanent fix for this, so we wouldn't have to do that. Why build a boat that would only take you half away across the river.... I know they work really hard making this great app. Seems that it wouldn't much harder to make a option for this.

Max has generally not been keen on things that require a complete re-write of a music file, rather than just modifying an existing entry where the space already exists in the file. I think this is due to concerns that it would forcibly interrupt music playback, although I can't see why there couldn't be a confirmation prompt warning you that this will happen if you continue. Like you, I would love to see the ability to write album art to files, and also things like ratings and play-counts (via the POPM tag), but I don't know how likely it is for that to happen.

Andre

Yeah I know it's easier said than done that comes with complications.. I know there's an app out there on the Google store that allows you to do this. Maybe a collaboration of things could go one between them. I'd even pay an extra buck for the option too. It's definitely an attraction piece to implement this into an app. People are always asking for an option like this.

I'm about 45% done getting album cover and with hi-rez and then going to the computer to embed. It would be easier but by then I should be done. Also he still gotta finish the fix for crashing I get after 3 album change. It's freaking annoying, I would've been done by now.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey I'm back. I wanted to add an idea that would possibly help "fix" the issue with emeded album art. I know it's very complicated to code a new feature in a app, so developing a way to embed Album art my not be possible at this time. I have a possible solution to this though. I do not totally understand how Poweramp "embeds" their album art work when searching online through the app, but I believe they do it through a cache processes. For example, when you have album art missing you can search some online. This creates a cache path so the album will appear in the app, but will not embed it. Would it be possible to import albums caches to a new phone? Let's say someone spent all this time (me, and I'm sure other users) searched album art through the app but are getting a new phone soon. Could they possibly import their album art cache to their new phone? I think it could be possible. Unless the way cache works doesn't allow it... Let me know what you guys think?

• 1 year later...
14 minutes ago, Made In Machines said:

Do you have a link to the post? Is it one click and it's done or manually dropping hundreds / thousands of pictures into the audio file and saving?

Manually as far as I know, unless there's a new clever piece of software that matches up image filename and audio file tags and embeds them automatically anyway.  I usually add images at the time of ripping or downloading (if they are not present already) but doing them retrospectively could be a pain.

Andre

10 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Manually as far as I know, unless there's a new clever piece of software that matches up image filename and audio file tags and embeds them automatically anyway.  I usually add images at the time of ripping or downloading (if they are not present already) but doing them retrospectively could be a pain.

Andre

It's a bit frustrating as Poweramp does exactly that and I'm not sure what PC software does that -  if only it would have an embed function. 

Is there any way to make the Poweramp album art folder compatible with itunes or mediamonkey etc so you could use that to embed it?

There actually are tag editors as seperate apps that work like poweramps tag editor, with automation and all,  and they do save those in the file, most of them have to be unlocked with an in app purchase to be actually not frustrating tho. so what i do is, (well firstly i actually get my music with well made tags lol) I download the image using Poweramp and then use my fav file explorer for android, mixplorer, with the tag addon and i go to the album folder, select all files (there's a button for that), go to edit tags in the three dots menu, tap on the spot for the album art and navigate to /android/data/_com.maxmpz.audioplayer/selected_aa/ and select the image. That's not file for file, but one action to fix a whole album and to me that's uncomplicated and fast enough, because remember, i rip well tagged files only.

i actually only need to do that if i got the deluxe version of the album but the standard cover looks better or if there's alternate covers that look better or if the cover i got is censored (yes, that's a thing). fixing bad tags is a pain in the ass, so i'd advise just getting them from a good source in the first place and when i come across a badly tagged album in my library, i honestly just redownload it.

• 1 month later...
On 11/19/2019 at 10:04 PM, LPW00 said:

There actually are tag editors as seperate apps that work like poweramps tag editor, with automation and all,  and they do save those in the file, most of them have to be unlocked with an in app purchase to be actually not frustrating tho. so what i do is, (well firstly i actually get my music with well made tags lol) I download the image using Poweramp and then use my fav file explorer for android, mixplorer, with the tag addon and i go to the album folder, select all files (there's a button for that), go to edit tags in the three dots menu, tap on the spot for the album art and navigate to /android/data/_com.maxmpz.audioplayer/selected_aa/ and select the image. That's not file for file, but one action to fix a whole album and to me that's uncomplicated and fast enough, because remember, i rip well tagged files only.

i actually only need to do that if i got the deluxe version of the album but the standard cover looks better or if there's alternate covers that look better or if the cover i got is censored (yes, that's a thing). fixing bad tags is a pain in the ass, so i'd advise just getting them from a good source in the first place and when i come across a badly tagged album in my library, i honestly just redownload it.

Where do u download your songs from ?

Archived