6b6561

Should Musixmatch work from within Poweramp?

I tried to figure out what's the latest on Musixmatch "plugin", should it work "from within" Poweramp or not? In other words, should it be possible to hit "lyrics" from within Poweramp and Poweramp would then call Musixmatch in order to retrieve lyrics.

In 709 there is a setting for lyrics under Player UI, where you can select "Ask", "Auto", "Musixmatch plugin" or "From Tags". Regardless of setting I always get the same "No lyrics tag found in song" when I ask for lyrics.

In 795 the setting for lyrics is gone and if I ask for lyrics, then I get first a "No lyrics found in the song" and the option to SEARCH, if I search I get the message "all programs connected to this action are either disabled, blocker or not installed" (freely translated from Swedish).

Should it work so that lyrics can be requested from within the Poweramp GUI? I really don't want to have the floating Musixmatch running in the background, as it's quite rarely that I want to check lyrics. It was just great the way it worked in v2.

@6b6561, it's old options and now it doesn't work. Early was a musixmatch plugin and player could receive lyrics without complete musixmatch app. Few years ago musixmatch changed this situation and now you can get lyrics only from the  it's own app.

If that's the fact, then it's clear and "SEARCH" should be removed from the "No lyrics found in the song" box as the next message gives the impression that things would work if something is installed. Guess this could easily be cleaned up in the next release.

Thanks! Now it's clear, I always have the Google app disabled as I never use it, and the only browser I have installed is Chrome which for some reason didn't pop up as an application to complete the search with.

One solution could be that the search screen would list supported programs as an addition to the "all programs connected to this action are either disabled, blocker or not installed" text, then it would be clearer.