Sign in to follow this  
armagan

Controlling songs while the screen is locked

Is it possible to skip to the next song while the screen is locked/black with a standard headset which doesn't have any volume/prev/next buttons?

Yes.

By default long button press will switch to the next song, short press does pause/resume. Other options are available, please check this FAQ (near the bottom) viewtopic.php?f=1&t=20

Sorry I wasn't clear enough. The headset I'm using doesn't have any buttons. Not even a call button. Is it possible to skip tracks using the buttons of the phone? I mean like double home-button press or something like that?

You can use CyanogenMod custom ROM, which among other things allows you to simulate the next and prev headset buttons by a long press on the volume keys..

Stock Android OS doesn't send button presses (non media) to apps when screen is off.

Android OS also doesn't send the non-media keys to non-active apps due to the security issues (no other app should intercept key presses sent for other app).

Some Custom ROMs (or it's possible with rooted phones as well) reassigns hardware keys to function like media buttons - this way it may work.

Sign in to follow this