Poweramp

Don't you really just connect your Chromecast device in native Android settings? I believe for most Android devices there should be an option called "Cast" or "Wireless display" like mine showing below in the img. 

Edit: Of course, you can have the option in pa directly. It does look much feature complete for an audio player. Also, it will be better to have the button showing automatically while Chromecast device(s) is found. (Will be looking sick like iOS!!) @maxmp What's your opinion? (too much to work idk hahaha...)(as a hobby programmer, I do know that it does require a lot of work to be done for this. So, appreciate in advance for even replying. )

Screenshot_2018-10-07-01-34-32-538_com.android.settings.png

Edited by Arick
Extra information

Please, I also request this feature.

I tried it on another player (ended up coming back to Poweramp) and absolutely loved listening to my music through my stereo system.  You can cast your phone to a TV using the Google Home app, but the music stutters horribly.  Poweramp needs its own casting feature.

On 10/6/2018 at 4:35 PM, Arick said:

I believe for most Android devices there should be an option called "Cast" or "Wireless display"

The downside of casting your whole interface is that notifications, ringtones, and other system sounds would get cast too. If you just cast directly from PA (as an Output option) then you'd presumably just get the clean music stream.

Andre

15 hours ago, andrewilley said:

The downside of casting your whole interface is that notifications, ringtones, and other system sounds would get cast too. If you just cast directly from PA (as an Output option) then you'd presumably just get the clean music stream.

Andre

Plus the quality of the audio is downgraded quite a lot when the entire device is mirrored, so not really an option.

18 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Andre

Plus you can't cast your whole device to devices like Google Home