External DAC Equalizer issue on Build 795

P_rzola

I'm using Nokia 8 (TA-1012) with "LG hi-fi plus afd-1200 with b&o play" external hi-fi DAC. When I boost bass, I think Poweramp doesn't limits the sound, and audio output sounds like explosion.

Notes:

* I'm connecting hi-fi DAC to my Nokia 8 via USB type-c port (my phone has a 3.5 mm jack output but i don't use it)

* There is no such issue at v2 with the same configuration.

* The older build of v3 has this issue too.

IMG-20180902-WA0014.jpg

Correction: I'm experiencing this issue when these bars exceeds their limits.

@andrewilley thanks for the reply. My Hi-Fi DAC is 32 bits and It has ES9028C2M + Sabre9602C chipset.

I experienced some weirdness when I'm doing what you recommended. When the volume is 97% or higher, there is no blowing effect in the sound, no matter what the value of the pre-amp gain. When I lower the volume to 96% or lower, the sound starts to blow immediately and I can only correct it with lowering the pre-amp to very low levels, and the volume of the sound becomes very low.

There is no such problem when I use my headphone jack.

update: after enabling usb dac setting at settings > audio > output > hi-res output the problem was solved. but i have a new problem now: in that menu, sample format is shown as 24-bit, but i have a 32 bit dac? how do i change the sample rate?

Archived