Jump to content
Poweramp
angeloimbo98

Ignore shuffle on Queue

Recommended Posts

The Queue was one of my favorite functionality of Poweramp. However, on 
your latest major update, the Queue became a separate dynamic playlist 
where the shuffle all mode always override. Please fix this. Before, I can 
use shuffle all but still play Queue. Thanks guys!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me it's the same in beta-build-795-play  (full Version ) on my Huawei  P20 Pro on Android  V8 .1. 0

 

I always listen to my playlists by listening it randomly and sometimes I have some tracks in mind, which I want to hear after a song, so I start a queue but it can only played by random order as well, what's kind of against my use of a Queue and after the q is finished it plays the same track I was listening before the que started.

This needs to be fixed :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/31/2018 at 11:50 PM, angeloimbo98 said:

The Queue was one of my favorite functionality of Poweramp. However, on 
your latest major update, the Queue became a separate dynamic playlist 
where the shuffle all mode always override. Please fix this. Before, I can 
use shuffle all but still play Queue. Thanks guys! 

Plus one for this from me as well. I understand the logic behind "Shuffle all songs ignores queue completely", but I really, really do miss the option from v2 where queue options (IIRC) included a switch "Ignore shuffle". My default way of using Poweramp is shuffle all, but every once in a while I want to listen to an album or three in order. Previously all I had to do was to add them to queue, they'd play nicely in order and then shuffle would continue where I left off. Now I also need to disable shuffle, and when the queue ends remember to reactivate it, otherwise I might get the same song for two or three times in a row (gotta love those compilation albums and single edit bonus tracks).

One other way this could be remedied is to bring back the "Shuffle songs, lists in order" shuffle mode from v2. As queue is a dynamic list, it should honor that mode. I do know this would be only a work-around (kinda) and should probably go to a separate topic, but just thought to mention it as well as an alternative.

On 9/1/2018 at 1:35 PM, PainkillerTony said:

For me it's the same in beta-build-795-play  (full Version ) on my Huawei  P20 Pro on Android  V8 .1. 0

 

I always listen to my playlists by listening it randomly and sometimes I have some tracks in mind, which I want to hear after a song, so I start a queue but it can only played by random order as well, what's kind of against my use of a Queue and after the q is finished it plays the same track I was listening before the que started.

This needs to be fixed :)

This is completely a separate issue and bug instead of a feature request. But you're in luck, Max has already promised to fix this. Track it here:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Spike_B said:

I understand the logic behind "Shuffle all songs ignores queue completely", but I really, really do miss the option from v2 where queue options (IIRC) included a switch "Ignore shuffle". 

Me too. Often the mood takes me to listen to an odd specific song or two during an otherwise random music session - in fact, that's the main time I use the Queue at all to be honest. The option to make the Queue play in the sequence I wanted (rather than always obeying the main Shuffle mode) was very useful, and I hope Max finds time to add it back again sometime soon. Currently though, the Queue doesn't work at all when you are listening in Shuffle mode, which seems really strange to me as that's the main time I want it.

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll also bump this request to allow queue to ignore shuffle.  It makes it much easier to listen to albums in order (via queue), then return to shuffle all tracks once the queue ends.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...