Track Info Bundle

Rabangus

I don't think the catUri in the track info bundle from the ACTION_TRACK_CHANGED intent is correct in builds 792+?

Up to and including build 709, catUri contained details of the category (such as playlist), but from 792 it just has basic file info. @maxmp is that deliberate, or something that can be fixed?

Also, the documentation here: https://github.com/maxmpz/powerampapi/blob/master/poweramp_api_lib/src/com/maxmpz/Poweramp/player/PowerampAPI.java says that a track info bundle should be available on STATUS_CHANGED, but from what I can see it isn't. Am I missing something?

There were several fixes to External API in build 795 + Sample App and PowerampAPI lib sources are updated and committed to Github.

The only major change is album art omission from intents by default + Sample App demonstrates how to call API properly on Android 8.0+ with all the background service limitations.

@maxmp So it's staying that way? If so it seems there's no longer any way of identifying the currently playing playlist through intents?

To illustrate my point:

V709:

Bundle[{artist=Aerosmith,catUri=content://com.maxmpz.audioplayer.data/playlists/1/files#13, realId=199, fileType=0, bitRate=320000, id=13, cat=100, dur=301, path=/storage/6262-3231/Mp3's/Aerosmith/2011-Tough Love Best Of The Ballads/Aerosmith-01-I Dont Want To Miss A Thing.mp3, album=Tough Love: Best Of The Ballads, codec=mp3, flags=64, isCue=false, title=I Don't Want To Miss A Thing, sampleRate=44100, bitsPerSample=16, posInList=12, listSize=13, channels=2}]

V792+:

Bundle[{artist=Aerosmith,catUri=content://com.maxmpz.audioplayer.data/files, realId=199, fileType=0, bitRate=320000, id=1193, cat=100, dur=301, path=/storage/6262-3231/Mp3's/Aerosmith/2011-Tough Love Best Of The Ballads/Aerosmith-01-I Dont Want To Miss A Thing.mp3, album=Tough Love: Best Of The Ballads, codec=mp3, flags=64, isCue=false, title=I Don't Want To Miss A Thing, sampleRate=44100, bitsPerSample=16, posInList=0, supportsCatNav=true, listSize=157, channels=2}]

You can see the catUri is no longer including the playlist identifier (you can tell the track is playing from a playlist by the cat of 100, but there's no way of telling which playlist)

Archived