Poweramp beta build-795

maxmp

Thanks @maxmp for the update.. Loving the new version and the new look of v3..

I have a few suggestions..

1. Can there be a toggle implemented to enable / disable the rounded borders in album art ? It looks good in the main now-playing screen , but in the list views, it doesn't look that pretty, tbh..  

2. I liked to set album art zoom in PA v2 to about 75-80%. v3 doesn't have that option yet, any plans to have this ? 

3.  When I click on the album art in now-playing, it gets me to the list view, when i click on the same track again,  it starts playing from the beginning, whereas I would normally expect it to just get me back to the now-playing screen.

4. If we can get rid of the scroll-able view ( have all items visible at once ) in the three-dot track details menu in the now-playing screen. 

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Gonzafed said:

We are going in the right direction, here my observations:

1. Poweramp has crashed 3 times in less than 5 minutes, this is the first time Poweramp crashes.

2. The size of the counter and the information bar is very damn small its gonna make us blind, everything should at least have the size of the numbers counting the time.

Also some buttons are very small, this makes eyes to get more tired, and some colors are very similar we cant see wich option is selected, the grays are like the same, the buttons should contast like the pro buttons with black and white.

3. The shuffle(random) option still has problems, working good in playlists but not in folders hierachy.

4. As we disable the like unlike buttons, we should be able of disable the name and album name in the albumart. We miss to see the album art without any contamination.

5. Remaining time, per track, per album, per playlist would be the hit. (Knowing total time of playlist and songs in albums/folders. 

More we can configure Poweramp in our own its the way to have us all happy, and its posible you can do it max youre s damn god.

Your first point reinstall the app... Second point .. the sizes of buttons are fine no problems with thaat ... Anything more in size would make the ui cluttered

1 hour ago, Ajit Raj said:

When new skin will available? @maxmp

18 minutes ago, Ajit Raj said:

I have updated this build 795 1 hr ago and it has crushed more than 20 times.

It's not a upgrade i think.

it's a downgrade ?

Please get back Hidden Rating/like option (which was available in pop-up bar)

and how can i go back to build 793?

1. Skin SDK is out so it's up to third party skin developers

2. Reinstall Poweramp & check 795 working flawlessly on my phone

If still not solved then downgrade from here

24 minutes ago, Ajit Raj said:

I have updated this build 795 1 hr ago and it has crushed more than 20 times.

It's not a upgrade i think.

it's a downgrade ?

Please get back Hidden Rating/like option (which was available in pop-up bar)

and how can i go back to build 793?

Reinstall thw app.. and read thw discription at the start of this thread to fix ur second problem.. make sure to read descriptions before commenting that its a downgrade atleast?

27 minutes ago, SachinSachi said:

Thanks for the update Max..  Everyting is working fine for me..  But one small problem is albums with white album art doesn't look good on now playing screen.. 

Screenshot_20180901-103836_Poweramp.jpg

This has been a problem for the past few versions at least, I think the elements don't contrast to white correctly.

Try this temporary fix:

Settings > Background > Background Intensity 85%

This is based off default settings.

10 minutes ago, MTK said:

Thanks for the update, less buggy from the small time on it (sick). Anyway PA still crashes when looking for album art for missing art or to update them. Also im on a galaxy 4, should I send reports or not.

I too got occasional freezes after using fr some time ... needed to close the app to resolve it .. hope it gets fixed in the final one

10 minutes ago, Ameya28 said:

I too got occasional freezes after using fr some time ... needed to close the app to resolve it .. hope it gets fixed in the final one

When ever that is, tired of going all the way back to where I was. Got a long way to go so I gotta do every now and then. Thanks for saying something, now I know I'm not the only one and its not my phone.

18 minutes ago, MTK said:

When ever that is, tired of going all the way back to where I was. Got a long way to go so I gotta do every now and then. Thanks for saying something, now I know I'm not the only one and its not my phone.

?

I have a problem with my widgets, when i play music and open my notification bar and i then return to the main screen it stop to work.

In adittion when I use the visualiation an then disable it the image cover blur just minimize.

P.d: Thanks for the wonderful update, I know there still things to do but I am so happy with the improve in the design

Thanks @maxmp for the hard work, it looks great! And thanks for 5 star rating, it's more practical for me. ??

I had two problems:

1. Every time I use Queue for the second time after opening app, it shows wrong song numbers and it crashes and I have to wait for a crash report or force stop the app to be able to use it again. (I sent a couple of them via email today)

Screenshot_20180901-111904.thumb.png.cb4d9af35152fd18c1be7a0e9eecf732.png

2. Every time I pause from the app, it closes the notification both in notification bar and lock screen. I think it's more practical if the notification closes when the user closes the app by recent apps list.

6 minutes ago, Vvln said:

Hi. can't install on OS 4.2.2. Says "error parsing package". How can I install this application?

Unfortunately, you can't since V3's will work from Android 5+. Quoting Andre in the old thread:

"Poweramp v3 will be Android 5.0+ (Lollipop+) only, although the old PA v2 version will get a few bug fixes and will remain available for users of Android 2.3 - 4.4."

15 minutes ago, invaderzim said:

Unfortunately, you can't since V3's will work from Android 5+. Quoting Andre in the old thread:

"Poweramp v3 will be Android 5.0+ (Lollipop+) only, although the old PA v2 version will get a few bug fixes and will remain available for users of Android 2.3 - 4.4."

That's too bad. It was my favorite player for a car radio. Maybe there are any solutions?

3 minutes ago, Vvln said:

That's too bad. It was my favorite player for a car radio. Maybe there are any solutions?

Sadly, v3 will never be available for Android 4.4 and lower because of the interface libraries used, the lowest Android version will be Android 5.0 from now onward. However you can still use any version of PA that used the old user interface (i.e. any v2 release, and the v3 test releases up to 709) on earlier versions of Android.

(I'm back from all my travels now by the way, and starting to catch up on everything that's been going on while I've been away)

Andre

Still major problems with Artist Album lists!

Album Artists:
Albums are listed according to the tag 'Album Artist' and if it is empty, albums are listed in the 'Unknown artist' item.
Fix: If the tag 'Album Artist' is empty for a normal artist album, the tag 'Artist' is used for the Album Artist.

Albums by Artist:
Albums are listed according to the tag 'Album', where a compilation album is shown multiple times for each 'Artist' tag in the album.
Fix: If the 'Album Artist' is specified, ignore the 'Artist' tag and label it as 'Various' or blank, to have a compilation album only listed once.

Thank you very much @maxmp! Looks like allot of work went into this version. Not just Bugfixes but allot of new features as well; Awesome!

Works pretty smooth so far!

One thing I'm missing, Poweramp use to have this cut silence feature to make MP3 play gapless. This feature is gone and playing with the cross-fade settings didn't result in gapless albums play gapless. An album like scenes from a memory by dream theater really needs this, but I can't seem to make it play gapless on Poweramp version 3.

Thnx for your hard work

Archived