Poweramp beta build-795

maxmp

9 hours ago, Rabangus said:

Yeah, that's happened to me a couple of times too. I just can't work out what's making it happen so I can't reproduce it and raise a proper bug report...

I can reproduce it by launching Poweramp from the widget

how to produce logs? I wanna help.

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dunno if this has been posted, but the sort by artist/album function isn't working (for playlists). I don't want it sorted by album with the songs sorted alphabetically. I want it where it sorts by album and it the songs are sorted by track number within the album. It used to work before the big UI overhaul :(

I this version I have problem with bluetooth:

The information of the song is not sending to the music player of my car, and also I can't change the song (with the previos version 902 etc was possible).

(With Spotify that option is possible as well)

Any solution of that?

55 minutes ago, Pakristo said:

Please how do I turn on the option to see next 3 tracks on my notification bar? 

While music is playing, swipe on the notification until you see the gear button, press it and disable show play queue.

I checked versions 709 and 795 of the Xiaomi Mi A1 with Android 8 .

https://reference-audio-analyzer.pro/en/report/dac/xiaomi-mi-a1-a8-Poweramp-v709.php

https://reference-audio-analyzer.pro/en/report/dac/xiaomi-mi-a1-a8-Poweramp-v795.php

Hi-Rez does not support correctly. Output sream has distortion.

Previously , v709 has correctrly output from Android 7. v703 correctrly output from Android 6. I hope a new version of Poweramp adds the correct output

Had opensl es hd output for other on version 790, missing now, used this over wifi with Chromecast, was excellent sound. Have hi res for wired headphones, again, great sound but would like the option for over wifi please. Great music player been using paid version for a few years now. Keep up the great work.

LG G6 Korean with Quad dac

Android 8.0 

Dave.

On 9/6/2018 at 3:56 AM, eserim said:

Audio Buffer is hard to find

Settings>>Audio>>Output>>OpenSL ES Output>>The "Active Output", as I type, for me that is Speaker>>Cogs>>Buffer Size  and there you  will have Buffer ms, buffers and post fade settings - matching the v2 ones gives me a better performance.  But not perfect gapless, so reverting to 2.x - the phone is a Moto G5 which natively  is crap at gapless

DOn't forget to match these settings on "headphones" and other likely outputs.

Thank you for the information.  I hope the issue is addressed in v3.

Hi, I am currently using a Huawei Mate RS Porsche Design.

Actually a great device but the music playback via Poweramp only causes problems. Music playback sometimes stops when the display goes off. I do not know why it is because it does not always happen.

Sometimes Poweramp crashes completely when I press a volume button and then "OpenSL Hi-Res Output Failed" is displayed, and the output automatically change to the default "OpenSL Output" with 16bit 48kHz limitation.

If I open another app during playback or switch to the phone menu, Poweramp will start to hang.

There are also phases where everything runs smoothly.

No idea why that is but listening to music with this device is currently no fun.

Can someone help me to solve these problems?

can you please bring back the functionality in which even if multiple songs had different artists but the same album they can be combined in the album. Now it is available only for songs without artist info. it is showing multiple albums with the same name for each artist separately.

1 hour ago, kunaltyagii said:

can you please bring back the functionality in which even if multiple songs had different artists but the same album they can be combined in the album. Now it is available only for songs without artist info. it is showing multiple albums with the same name for each artist separately.

This works fine for me in 795. I have populated both Artist with the song performer and Album Artist with "Various" (without quotes). If I list by Album or Album Artist these compilation albums have all songs on the album together as a single album.

2 hours ago, w3wilkes said:

This works fine for me in 795. I have populated both Artist with the song performer and Album Artist with "Various" (without quotes). If I list by Album or Album Artist these compilation albums have all songs on the album together as a single album.

Doesn't work like it did before. Doesn't show album artist tag anymore.

For those of you struggling with this missing album art option. I figured out how to make your in folder.jpg, cover.jpg album_art.jpg etc work. It's a little more difficult but it works. If you check "prefer downloaded album artwork" in the settings, and then go into the folder on your phone "Android/data/_com.maxmpz.audio/album_art" you can copy your album artwork in there and it will work. For example: "Eminem - Kamikaze.jpg" will work if you have the tag Artist: Eminem, album: Kamikaze. It will show as the main album cover thumbnail and then when you click on the album it will show the songs in list view with the embedded and show them embedded cover while playing the song. The same way V2 used to work. You just have to go that extra step and move and rename each image. But hey it workd\s!@

You did an amazing job on the app UI design. Thank you

Only issue I am having is the lockscreen on android 8.1. Playstore version works but 795 beta has no Poweramp lockscreen. Can you please fix. I want to be able to change track on the lockscreen with your new design instead of android lock.  Thank you for your hard work

Archived