Poweramp beta build-795

maxmp

4 hours ago, Sekula925 said:

i have 795 and can not find any setting for it, if there is any audio file in the folder, the folder image is just ignored and is shown music album art instead

I agree it would be nice to have the various missing options back in the Album Art settings page. Allowing in-folder cover images to override embedded artwork was always useful for those who wanted to have more control.

Andre

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello! I've been testing the beta a few weeks , and In many aspects it's an awesome change, but also have a lot of little details to polish.

The major issue I've found It's about searching screen. In the old version, when you used the search option, Poweramp found any song , owing to the filename. In the beta it only recognizes the Title , Artist or Album in the metadata of the mp3 files. If you try to search any song by it's name or the name of the mp3 file, it didn't appears. Also I've noticed that the little "X" cross to delete the words on the search screen doesn't work.

The beta sometimes closes with a message about an error with app common libraries...

I hope It will be fixed in next releases. The rest of the beta works quite fluid, enough to use it daily...

1 hour ago, The Haze said:

The major issue I've found It's about searching screen. In the old version, when you used the search option, Poweramp found any song , owing to the filename. In the beta it only recognizes the Title , Artist or Album in the metadata of the mp3 files. If you try to search any song by it's name or the name of the mp3 file, it didn't appears. Also I've noticed that the little "X" cross to delete the words on the search screen doesn't work.

The X issue should be resolved in 795 (works for me anyway).

For some reason, the List Options menu in Search does not seem to include Filenames as a tickable item, only folder names. @maxmp , could this be corrected in the next beta?

Andre

Suddenly, (worked fine a couple of hours ago), I can't start Poweramp 795 because I get the message: Can't verify license. Can't find valid Google account.

Strange, because I did nothing to the program, was working fine since it was released, then just out of the blue - This happened. I went through the steps to try to restore purchase (Website) but it's greyed out, I can't access it. Any Ideas? To be clear, it was originally purchased from the website, NOT Google play.

3 hours ago, gmandese said:

Suddenly, (worked fine a couple of hours ago), I can't start Poweramp 795 because I get the message: Can't verify license. Can't find valid Google account.

Strange, because I did nothing to the program, was working fine since it was released, then just out of the blue - This happened. I went through the steps to try to restore purchase (Website) but it's greyed out, I can't access it. Any Ideas? To be clear, it was originally purchased from the website, NOT Google play.

Try to clear data in the app's settings (not in the Poweramp, but in Android, of course). Then, re-register the application. Select in the field of the account the one to which you registered the purchase. This account must be registered on your device (it must be in the list of accounts).

1 hour ago, Centries said:

Try to clear data in the app's settings (not in the Poweramp, but in Android, of course). Then, re-register the application. Select in the field of the account the one to which you registered the purchase. This account must be registered on your device (it must be in the list of accounts).

Thanks, I'll try, but (1) that will delete all my settings

and (2) it was working perfectly, so why the change? Server?

AHHH! I tried everything with 795 and nothing worked. I uninstalled 795, and installed 792. Voila!!! 792 is normal, accepts the license. So, it appears there is a problem with 795. So, I reinstalled 795 on top, back to "can't verify licenxe" So for sure, there's a bug in 795.

This just manifested a few hours ago, so I'm sure it has nothing to do with my phone, since 792 works perfectly.  Galaxy S9+

11 minutes ago, gmandese said:

AHHH! I tried everything with 795 and nothing worked. I uninstalled 795, and installed 792. Voila!!! 792 is normal, accepts the license. So, it appears there is a problem with 795.

While you're at 792, try upgrading once again to 795. See if issue will recur...

6 hours ago, gmandese said:

795 has Android Target = 28. This means it needs permission to check license vs your account (previous v2/v3 builds don't need that). Please go to Restore Purchase, select account (this gives permission) and hit Restore. License usually checked only once, unless it reset by, e.g. ROM update, Poweramp reinstall, or device resets.

This applies for website purchase only.

Thanks!

47 minutes ago, maxmp said:

795 has Android Target = 28. This means it needs permission to check license vs your account (previous v2/v3 builds don't need that). Please go to Restore Purchase, select account (this gives permission) and hit Restore. License usually checked only once, unless it reset by, e.g. ROM update, Poweramp reinstall, or device resets.

This applies for website purchase only.

Thanks!

That would be great except for a few points:

1: 795 has been working on my phone, with license activated until this morning. I did nothing with my phone, and since it had been working until about 10:30 this morning, "Target = 28" is irrelevent.

2: I have made no rom update, I using stock rom, 8.0, no device reset, I had been listening to music until about 10:30 this morning, put the phone down, took a shower, THEN after my shower:  NO LICENSE!

3: I tried everything to restore purchase, but the 795 app doesn't allow me to select that option, it is greyed out, and doesn't respond. As you can see in the screenshots below.

4: I finally uninstalled 795, and activator. I installed 792, reinstalled activator, it worked PERFECTLY as you can see in the screen shot that says "thank you for purchasing" I reinstalled (Updated) 795, and AGAIN, no license, restore not available.

I ended up staying for now with 792, but destroyed all my settings.

This just happened suddenly, without any input or interference from me.

Screenshot_20180907-155423_Poweramp.jpg

Screenshot_20180907-155542_Poweramp.jpg

Screenshot_20180907-155413_Poweramp.jpg

On Tue Sep 04 2018 at 1:18 AM, Tip-top said:

After upgrading to Android Pie on Oneplus 6, stopped working hi-res when DVC is on. As far as I understand, now this problem will also be solved for 2 years?

I too have this issue, and I can only have 16bit/48kHz output, though I have 32bit/96kHz enabled on my device. The most funny part is, when I search in this forum, someone said all I have to do is to reach my manufacture because I'm using a custom rom, hah..

6 hours ago, gmandese said:

I finally uninstalled 795, and activator. I installed 792, reinstalled activator, it worked PERFECTLY as you can see in the screen shot that says "thank you for purchasing" I reinstalled (Updated) 795, and AGAIN, no license, restore not available.

There is something strange in your words. The version for the site works without any activators. You bought an unlock in Google Play? Are you sure that you bought the application on the site? If this is so, then I do not understand why you are additionally installing the activator. If you just downloaded the version for the site, and bought the application in Google Play, it will not work. Activator only works with the version for Google Play, if I understand correctly. Maybe Max can somehow clarify your situation.

1 hour ago, Centries said:

There is something strange in your words. The version for the site works without any activators. You bought an unlock in Google Play? Are you sure that you bought the application on the site? If this is so, then I do not understand why you are additionally installing the activator. If you just downloaded the version for the site, and bought the application in Google Play, it will not work. Activator only works with the version for Google Play, if I understand correctly. Maybe Max can somehow clarify your situation.

792 is a site version. 793 is the play version. 795 is site version. So explain this again, why the two 792 and 795 license differently? If the activator is for play version and he is not installing a play version, then 792 should not activate with the activator either.

I would suggest uninstalling the activator, and then try doing what Max said with the Restore Purchase, which could be the activator causing it to grey out, with the 795. Also, Max said earlier versions than 795 behave differently. So do the no activator install with 795, and Restore Purchase.

8 hours ago, gmandese said:

I finally uninstalled 795, and activator. I installed 792, reinstalled activator, it worked PERFECTLY as you can see in the screen shot that says "thank you for purchasing" I reinstalled (Updated) 795, and AGAIN, no license, restore not available.

Did you try both the 795 APK from this thread and getting the beta 795 directly from the Play Store?

7 minutes ago, djdarko said:

Did you try both the 795 APK from this thread and getting the beta 795 directly from the Play Store?

What I do not get is, he said he bought the site version, but he has an activator, which is the play version. So he must of bought both, because sounds a little fishy to me, that he would have an activator but just only bought the site version. You can't have the unlocker unless you bought off of the play store. Please, enlighten me if I am wrong.

8 minutes ago, luv4metalcore said:

What I do not get is, he said he bought the site version, but he has an activator, which is the play version. So he must of bought both, because sounds a little fishy to me, that he would have an activator but just only bought the site version. You can't have the unlocker unless you bought off of the play store. Please, enlighten me if I am wrong.

Yeah that makes no sense, when he says ""activator" does he mean the "unlocker" from the play store?

6 hours ago, luv4metalcore said:

Activator/unlocker, whatever. I bought the original version, about 5 or 6 years ago, from the site. At that time, all site versions required the unlocker. Install trial, pay for the app, then get the link to download the activator. If you think it's fishy, you haven't been a Poweramp user very long. 

The unlocker file FROM Poweramp:

Poweramp-(alt)-Full-Version-Unlocker-2.0-build-22.apk.

It was necessary to activate at the time, still works. 

15 hours ago, Austin-316 said:

Hi @maxmp there is this bug sometimes this area becomes stuck to the first ever song in the library and when you touch it , it doesn't go to the now playing screen it just gets stuck, it can be fixed when you close Poweramp from switcher.

Screenshot_20180907-233855_Poweramp_1536353117772.jpg

Yeah, that's happened to me a couple of times too. I just can't work out what's making it happen so I can't reproduce it and raise a proper bug report...

7 hours ago, luv4metalcore said:

792 is a site version. 793 is the play version. 795 is site version. So explain this again, why the two 792 and 795 license differently? If the activator is for play version and he is not installing a play version, then 792 should not activate with the activator either.

I would suggest uninstalling the activator, and then try doing what Max said with the Restore Purchase, which could be the activator causing it to grey out, with the 795. Also, Max said earlier versions than 795 behave differently. So do the no activator install with 795, and Restore Purchase.

I bought the site version 5 or 6 years ago, at the time needed the activator. Every update has been the site version, including 792, and 795. I always had the activator installed, never a problem. Most recently I installed 795, it was working perfectly until suddenly yesterday, the license wouldn't activate. Tried to recover through the app, option was greyed out. Uninstalled unlocker, restarted the phone, same problem. Cleared all data, same. Uninstalled and reinstalled 795, same. Uninstalled, went back to 792, works perfectly. Upgraded to 795 again, no license. I don't know how I can explain any better. 

On 9/7/2018 at 3:48 AM, andrewilley said:

I agree it would be nice to have the various missing options back in the Album Art settings page. Allowing in-folder cover images to override embedded artwork was always useful for those who wanted to have more control.

Andre

I need this back. It was great I could name a folder "2018 b-sides" for various artists and show the same generic image for all of them. But when you played the songs it showed embedded. 

Archived