Poweramp beta build-795

maxmp

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/4/2018 at 2:13 AM, djdarko said:

Couldn't you export a backup file of your settings?

Hello djdarko I could solve the problem when the album disappears art looking in the folder selected_aa the file and rename the file of the album art in question just as you have it in the info tags since for some reason the ones that disappear are the ones that do not respect exactly uppercase and lowercase, I hope it serves you

On 9/3/2018 at 2:58 AM, andrewilley said:

790 did not properly check if High-Res was actually available on a device, so it could just as easily be outputting at standard definition even if you selected the High Res mode.

Andre

Thank you Andre, I think you're right since it's logical, but after enjoying and accustoming the ear with the clarity that gave 790 with flac to 24 and updating 795 it's frustrating to be unaccustomed to the details a muffled sound, it's like returning to the I'm sorry but maybe not validating the high resolution correctly processed the sound differently and that made the difference between 790 and 795 a lot and I would like it to come back

Has anyone figured out an option to disable gesture/swipe track advance on the main player (album art)? It was there in V2! I do not want to use gesture for advancing tracks because I often swipe over the album art accidentally and it changes my current song. @maxmp I highly need this option to make V3 my goto music player. It is very annoying not to have this basic option; I mean Poweramp is the most customizable music player out in the store!

10 minutes ago, Bo$$_8055 said:

Has anyone figured out an option to disable gesture/swipe track advance on the main player (album art)? It was there in V2! I do not want to use gesture for advancing tracks because I often swipe over the album art accidentally and it changes my current song. @maxmp I highly need this option to make V3 my goto music player. It is very annoying not to have this basic option; I mean Poweramp is the most customizable music player out in the store!

I like the swype now that I use it more.  on the older version 2  i was used to the buttons and didn't swipe.   I do find it annoying when i go to put the phone in the holster and change songs or swipe to another playlist and then have to find my spot in the playlist i was listening to all over again.   Another idea would be to make the border around the edges of the screen dead so accidental swipes don't happen so easy.   So you have to swipe more in the middle of the screen.   so you can still swipe but you thumb will be less likely to do it.  

2 minutes ago, hypomaniac-eric said:

I like the swype now that I use it more.  on the older version 2  i was used to the buttons and didn't swipe.   I do find it annoying when i go to put the phone in the holster and change songs or swipe to another playlist and then have to find my spot in the playlist i was listening to all over again.   Another idea would be to make the border around the edges of the screen dead so accidental swipes don't happen so easy.   So you have to swipe more in the middle of the screen.   so you can still swipe but you thumb will be less likely to do it.  

Having a bordered area around the album art to swipe will make the main player (album art) more complex than it is already (unwanted huge title/author names). A permanent solution is to have an option which fully disables the gesture advance. I really liked this option in V2, and I hope @maxmp adds this option in the upcoming/final releases. Updates are meant to add more features/options; not to take away what was there already!

1 hour ago, Bo$$_8055 said:

Has anyone figured out an option to disable gesture/swipe track advance on the main player (album art)? It was there in V2! I do not want to use gesture for advancing tracks because I often swipe over the album art accidentally and it changes my current song.

I always had gestures turned off too (same reason as you) but am not finding that I left/right swipe accidentally too often in the new UI. I do find the single-tap anywhere in the artwork feature to go to the list screen annoying though, that one catches me out regularly but at least that doesn't impact on playback. 

Andre

On 9/4/2018 at 9:03 PM, Kingog said:

I couldn't find any settings on V3 that produced gapless.  Cut Silence, Audio Buffer and Audio Thread are not available in V3 for some reason.  I reverted back to V2.

Audio Buffer is hard to find

Settings>>Audio>>Output>>OpenSL ES Output>>The "Active Output", as I type, for me that is Speaker>>Cogs>>Buffer Size  and there you  will have Buffer ms, buffers and post fade settings - matching the v2 ones gives me a better performance.  But not perfect gapless, so reverting to 2.x - the phone is a Moto G5 which natively  is crap at gapless

DOn't forget to match these settings on "headphones" and other likely outputs.

2 hours ago, eserim said:

Audio Buffer is hard to find

Settings>>Audio>>Output>>OpenSL ES Output>>The "Active Output", as I type, for me that is Speaker>>Cogs>>Buffer Size  and there you  will have Buffer ms, buffers and post fade settings - matching the v2 ones gives me a better performance.  But not perfect gapless, so reverting to 2.x - the phone is a Moto G5 which natively  is crap at gapless

DOn't forget to match these settings on "headphones" and other likely outputs.

Or making settings searchable.

Sorry for this irrelevant question I'm not a Dev but I'm curious to know is it possible to make themes that not only give colour options/different seek bar options to choose from but gives a whole new look like old "Poweramp HD Skins"  by our beloved Maxmp or "Skin For Poweramp Wooden" by Ikorolkov etc.

I'm asking this because these new skins working like blackplayer ex skins I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.

I have installed two 3rd party skins, but I cannot find them in Poweramp--settings--look and feel--skin. Although I can apply them by opening the skin app, I cannot have my personal skin setting and just have to use the default setting.

0060lm7Tly1fv047cz19wj31401z4guw.jpg0060lm7Tly1fv048h6trbj31401z4alc.jpg

At first, I think maybe the skin apps need permission to startup by Poweramp just like other apps with plugins. But I have checked the list of startup records and neither of them requires for permissions.

0060lm7Tly1fv04j18q2fj31401z4wqw.jpg

2 hours ago, musick said:

Not only that, today I realized whenever you delete a song that is playing in the queue, the tracks re-shuffle and the queue begins from number 1. Go to Settings and turn on the counter to see this issue @maxmp@andrewilley

It has always been like that. When you delete a song. Poweramp rescans your memory, as a result the songs get reshuffled.

hey people, one more question for you, is there any option in the latest version to force app to show folder.jpg images in folders? its showing only when there is either only folders or the folder is empty, if the folder contains audio file it shows its album art as folder image, thanks

3 hours ago, Sekula925 said:

hey people, one more question for you, is there any option in the latest version to force app to show folder.jpg images in folders? its showing only when there is either only folders or the folder is empty, if the folder contains audio file it shows its album art as folder image, thanks

in 795 Max corrected this defect.

Screenshot_20180906-225717.jpg

Screenshot_20180906-232905.jpg

Screenshot_20180906-232930.jpg

20 hours ago, Bo$$_8055 said:

Having a bordered area around the album art to swipe will make the main player (album art) more complex than it is already (unwanted huge title/author names). A permanent solution is to have an option which fully disables the gesture advance. I really liked this option in V2, and I hope @maxmp adds this option in the upcoming/final releases. Updates are meant to add more features/options; not to take away what was there already!

The borders would be invisible.   it wouldn't take away from the album art.   I like what Samsung did to the Edge phones to keep the edge the screen from being accidentally touched.   How would it make it more complicated or take away features?  you're making what i said more complicated.   The borders would be not touchable.   

Option: Don't Ignore articles for sort ("the" "a" "an")

Does anyone else think "a" and "an" shouldn't be grouped in with "the"?  "The" is a great one to ignore, but it seems "A" at the very least makes no sense.  Example, "A Perfect Circle" shouldn't be listed in the Ps, but bands like Smashing Pumpkins sometimes had "The" on there.

Also, I think it's odd that in the player it shows Song Title on it's own line, and then Album title and Artist Name on the line below in that order.  Song name on its own is fine, but wouldn't it be better for the artist name to be before the album title?

14 minutes ago, dumahim said:

Option: Don't Ignore articles for sort ("the" "a" "an")

Does anyone else think "a" and "an" should be grouped in with "the"?  "The" is a great one to ignore, but it seems "A" at the very least makes no sense.  Example, "A Perfect Circle" shouldn't be listed in the Ps, but bands like Smashing Pumpkins sometimes had "The" on there.

Also, I think it's odd that in the player it shows Song Title on it's own line, and then Album title and Artist Name on the line below in that order.  Song name on its own is fine, but wouldn't it be better for the artist name to be before the album title?

exactly

14 hours ago, fullmetal_soldier said:

It has always been like that. When you delete a song. Poweramp rescans your memory, as a result the songs get reshuffled.

Correct, Deleting or Adding a file will cause a database change / rescan that will trigger a re-shuffle.

Andre

4 hours ago, dumahim said:

Example, "A Perfect Circle" shouldn't be listed in the Ps, but bands like Smashing Pumpkins sometimes had "The" on there.

The general rule for English-language alphabetical sorting of items is that both the definite ("the") and indefinite ("a", "an") articles should be ignored. So "A Perfect Circle" should indeed be sorted under "P" if you work by those rules. I agree that in some band names this is not always desirable though, but a few exception doesn't really mean the overall rule should be changed. "A Flock of Seagulls" is another example, I would file it under "F" but some would argue it should be treated as a compound noun and sorted by the first letter anyway. 

Andre

Archived