Poweramp beta build-795

maxmp

5 hours ago, fullmetal_soldier said:

@maxmp There's a problem with the output when connected to Bluetooth devices. Even though I'm connected to a Bluetooth device, the output is in speaker settings. Thank you.

I'm using a Moto X4

IMG_20180903_191005_162.jpg

Similar problem here. In my case, the music sounds through the internal loudspeaker even when wired earphones are connected. Earphones are only recognised after plugging and unplugging  (sometimes it needs a few tries).  Using Hi-res output on a Xiaomi Mi 5S Plus. 

Congrats for this new version. It is starting to look and work terrific. Paying for your app has proved to be a great investment in the long term.

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, mazinkaiser said:

Similar problem here. In my case, the music sounds through the internal loudspeaker even when wired earphones are connected. Earphones are only recognised after plugging and unplugging  (sometimes it needs a few tries).  Using Hi-res output on a Xiaomi Mi 5S Plus. 

Congrats for this new version. It is starting to look and work terrific. Paying for your app has proved to be a great investment in the long term.

This is a BETA version. Please be patient and report issues or install V2 without those issues and wait till V3 is ready.

10 hours ago, hypomaniac-eric said:

Is that why my ratings from itunes don't show up on Poweramp?  I keep posting about this but nobody responds.   Rocket Player uses the ratings and Playerpro and Jet Audio also uses those.  one of them lets you select which ratings such as iSyncr which is what i use.   i never use the internal ratings with Poweramp because that's tedious.   i already rate on itunes why do it again everytime i sync to Poweramp.  it's majorly disappointing.   does anyone else on here use iSyncr?  I've been using it since 2012 and keep waiting for the ratings to work with Poweramp and here it's 2018 and max still hadn't fixed it so it will.  Playerpro has all these rating systems:  Playerpro, iSyncr, Windows Media Player, Winamp, and MediaMonkey.   So if it works for Playerpro why can't Poweramp also have these options?

It's funny because thats exactly how the non beta Poweramp still works. I use musicbee and write the rating into the metadata of every music file. If i then copy those files onto my phone the old Poweramp could perfectly use this saved rating. I don't understand exactly why its a Poweramp only star rating now, why not use the old star rating? Even windows shows the rated stars in file explorer, and it worked before without any playback issues. 

4 hours ago, Tip-top said:

After upgrading to Android Pie on Oneplus 6, stopped working hi-res when DVC is on. As far as I understand, now this problem will also be solved for 2 years?

Most probably this will be resolved when 9 release comes OTA to my OnePlus 6 (not yet), or even earlier, for open beta.

2 hours ago, BetaUser0815 said:

I don't understand exactly why its a Poweramp only star rating now, why not use the old star rating?

The 795 has 5 star rating, internally implemented in the same was as in v2. Visually it differs as always showing 5 hollow stars is not good (v2 hides hollow stars in a panel).

Anybody has problems with their headset controls? I have 3 buttons on my headset and the only ones working are for volume up and down. If I press the pause/play button instead pausing the current song, Spotify starts playing and Poweramp is pushed to the background. 

I also use GravityBox with my OnePlus 3 to get the feature where I can long press and hold volume up or down while the screen is off to change tracks. This worked flawlessly with Poweramp V2 and also works with Spotify but with Poweramp V3 it doesn't have any effect anymore (still works with Spotify but not with Poweramp V3).

Any chance of getting new visualization presets? I love them but kind of getting bored with using the same ones. I only use the built-in, spectrum presets though. Looks like you should be able to download manually but can't find anywhere to download new ones. Would be cool if you could build your own spectrum analyzer. I would pay to have that ability!!

Reposting... 

First of all Thanks to @maxmp for great sounding player. 

I also use Poweramp on my Android TV box. For navigation I use bluetooth mouse. Everything is working fine, only the problem I have got is I cannot browse through my Library via mouse's scroll, I have to click and drag the mouse to go up/down in the list. Mouse's scroll was working well in alpha version. I can use the mouse to scroll through menu options, it is NOT working ONLY in LIBRARY menu. 

Any setting I am missing or is it a bug? 

Please let me know about this. 

Thanks in advance 

7 hours ago, maxmp said:

Most probably this will be resolved when 9 release comes OTA to my OnePlus 6 (not yet), or even earlier, for open beta.

Maxim, I really hope that in the near future, you will correct this problem. Thank you for understanding

1 hour ago, djdarko said:

How often is it resetting? Does it do it while music is still playing? Idle? Or when restarting your device?

It does it while music playes or idle. It's doing it randomly. Not related to play or pause too. 

Previously it would show the details all the time. Even if I've had the app not running in the background. 

15 hours ago, mazinkaiser said:

I can confirm this. Well, at least I have a similar bug. When trying to reproduce the problem, the following happened. 

Phone ZTE Axon 7 A2017G

When Hi-Res Output is selected by activating Wired Headwet/AUX, the phone registers this and ads a external source in the volume menu of Android. When clicking the volume rocker the volume of both the audio/media volume is changing as well as the volume that is shown as a external source.

Sometims, and I can't seem to reproduce when this happens, when the headphones are unplugged and plugged back in, the sound comes from the internal speakers only. Poweramp reacts to the headphones being plugged back in since it starts playing automatically, but the sound comes from the internal speaker only and not through the headphones.

When this occurs a reboot is necessary to make sure Hi-Res Output is comming from the headphones. Switching back to normal outpout (deactivating Hi-Res) before the reboot works fine. This will result in the audio being played through the headphones.

This problem only accures when Hi-Res Output is activated.  

Just to inform @maxmp in case he is jumping in to investigating the gapless playback issue. 

When Hi-Res aswell as crossfade with non-gapless files are activated Poweramp sometimes plays gapless MP3 files perfectly gapless. For some reason it doesn't work all the time. I treid to figure out when it does work and when it doesn't. It seems to work when the file after the file that's being played is allready loaded before after opening Poweramp. For example: when I open Poweramp and start playing a gapless album for the first time, none of the songs play gapless. But if I play the album for the second time, so after Poweramp played (parts) of all the songs before, gapless works perfect.

To reproduces this, simply play the second song of a gapless album first (for example Dream Theater - Scenes from a Memory - 02 - Overture 1928) for a couple of seconds and after that play the first song (Dream Theater - Scenes from a Memory - 01 - Regression). It will play gapless perfectly from the first song to the second song. But when you just start playing the first song after opening Poweramp for the first time it will not play into the second song without a gapp. 

So the problem seems to be that in order to let Poweramp play an album gapless, it should load the next song before the song that's being played ends. I hope you can add/fix this. 

Thanx for your hard work.  

Hi, My first post in here so I hope I am in the right place.

First of all, thank you for your amazing job. This app is among the best ever made IMHO. I personally liked the old UI style but new one is good and probably just need a bit of a learning curve for me. So no comments at the moment about that. I had a problem in build 793 with the sorting of files in folders that apparently has been fixed in the 795 build. Once again, thank you for your responsiveness and amazing job.
I personally like the "thumbs up/down rating method over the stars, but what I actually miss is the ability to see the rating in the song list inside a folder. This would let me play the songs I like the most without remembering the names and with a fast and efficient single tap.

One other small feature i really liked was the progress bar in the list view.. the old style progress bar was extremely efficient and the ability to access to it almost everywhere was really cool. I think I still need some practice with the new progress bar even if I liked the old style a bit more, but I would really like to have the bar in the list view to avoid switching between list and player when looking for some particular song sector.

Just giving my personal opinion and politely asking some features. I still believe it's not easy to master an app that was already close to perfection so it's obvious to "bleed" in the subjective area of UI experience.
Once again, amazing job and thanks for your effort.

4 minutes ago, Sekula925 said:

hey people, since i updated my Poweramp to latest beta version, i cant find setting for folder hierarchy list view, was such important feature really removed from new version? thanks

Library > 3 button menu > List Options > Tick Folders Hierarchy.

Hope this helps.

4 minutes ago, Sekula925 said:

hey people, since i updated my Poweramp to latest beta version, i cant find setting for folder hierarchy list view, was such important feature really removed from new version? thanks

Tap the 3 dots in Library view.

Screenshot_20180830-000800.png

Archived