Develop video plugin

I know Poweramp is an audio player. Let developers focused on audio. But there's no video players with such great sound quality as well as Poweramp. It will be better if we had basic video playing plugin with basic controls. I'm playing sound with Poweramp and watching video in other player and I'm manually sync audio video in both players. You may think I'm crazy, but I'm always choosing best for me, there's no sacrifices. Now days new smartphone capable of doing anything without lagging. Then why not provide an basic video plugin that can be installed after Poweramp. If user not like this feature he can ignore this plugin. This will never affect quality of the product because plugin stay independent. Thanks for reading my opinion (Freddy Daniel <freddy.send@gmail.com> )

2 hours ago, Freddy Daniel said:

There's no player better than Poweramp

We all know it but it's AUDIO player and it's better for listening audio. Try MX Player it best player for VIDEO (not for audio). Playing audio and video it's different tasks - videoplayer for video, audioplayer for audio, coffemachine for coffe.

Whe devs trying to do app for different tasks in most of cases we get a bad app.

6 minutes ago, clever_man said:

We all know it but it's AUDIO player and it's better for listening audio. Try MX Player it best player for VIDEO (not for audio). Playing audio and video it's different tasks - videoplayer for video, audioplayer for audio, coffemachine for coffe.

Whe devs trying to do app for different tasks in most of cases we get a bad app.

Hope once upon a time developers forced to implement this feature, 

The first mobile phone was created only for calling. But today is it only for calling? Technology is growing faster, i don't think develop a video plugin will completely broke Poweramp. I'm developer too, that's why I'm requested video playing feature as plugin. Plugin can be ignored if user don't like.

Thanks for sharing your opinion

52 minutes ago, Freddy Daniel said:

I'm developer too, that's why I'm requested video playing feature as plugin.

If you developer than you can build it's plugin for yourself.

And if you dev you must understand that development such thing will take a huge time and when Max will started such project (just imagine) we can forget about this nic app.

There is nothing to stop anyone trying to develop a third-party plugin if they want (I don't know if the API would allow it, but maybe it does?) but it's highly unlikely that Max will want to spend the time doing it as part of the app (he's hard-pushed enough to develop the audio features of the core app as fast as people want).

Andre

8 hours ago, andrewilley said:

There is nothing to stop anyone trying to develop a third-party plugin if they want (I don't know if the API would allow it, but maybe it does?) but it's highly unlikely that Max will want to spend the time doing it as part of the app (he's hard-pushed enough to develop the audio features of the core app as fast as people want).

Andre

I'm not here to join as plugin developer. I don't have time for it. Also i don't think so developers allow it. It's not maintainable because upcoming updates may become incompatible with third party plugin. It should be provided officially. If that's not possible. Let ignore this topic. 

15 hours ago, Freddy Daniel said:

If that's not possible. Let ignore this topic. 

Agreed, we'll just keep going round in circles otherwise. I'm sorry the answer isn't what you wanted to hear, but I really can't see video playback coming to the app any time soon (probably never).

Andre 

Archived