Poweramp
OMi

Set as ringtone option

On v2 the option to set as ringtone was present. Which in my case I usually do that from Poweramp. The same feature is missing from Poweramp v3 beta could you please bring that back?

Can you please give me a reason for this option (it takes place and pushes some other, unique and needed options in menus and everywhere), when all modern Androids provide that option in default Ringtone selection (you can choose any track there, provided format is supported)?

I must admit I've never seen the point of it clogging up a music player interface either. Setting a ringtone from a file is a very infrequently used Android 'Sounds' feature, not really a daily music player's job.

Andre

I completely agree with this request.

i have finally upgraded my phone to something half decent,  have found my external hard drive and uploaded a shed load of tunes to Poweramp amd cant set any of them as a ringtone.

the in built ringtones in the phone are shite!

its a very a basic option within a complex application. Surely you can fit it in somewhere 😀

59 minutes ago, Jimmy Splash said:

the in built ringtones in the phone are shite!

That may well be, but why use Poweramp to set another one ? You can do that via Android.

After all the ringtone isn't played by a music app, but by the os.

On 1/18/2019 at 2:06 AM, blaubär said:

That may well be, but why use Poweramp to set another one ? You can do that via Android.

After all the ringtone isn't played by a music app, but by the os.

Actually that depends on the phone. The galaxy S9 on pie removed the option to set your own music for a ring tone, and now Poweramp did as well. It would be nice to have it again instead of the stupid ones that come on the phone. 

On 12/30/2018 at 7:07 AM, maxmp said:

Can you please give me a reason for this option (it takes place and pushes some other, unique and needed options in menus and everywhere), when all modern Androids provide that option in default Ringtone selection (you can choose any track there, provided format is supported)?

Not all phones have the option to select your own track. 

3 hours ago, Redbear70 said:

The galaxy S9 on pie removed the option to set your own music for a ring tone, 

Why would they do that? Setting your ringtone is very clearly an OS function (not a music player's role) and it should be in Android Settings > Sounds > Ringtone.

Andre

5 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Why would they do that? Setting your ringtone is very clearly an OS function (not a music player's role) and it should be in Android Settings > Sounds > Ringtone.

Andre

It seems Samsung really did complicate things ! Links follows. As they did with High-Res 😞 . Nethertheless thats not a task for the music player.

http://www.androidbeat.com/2018/04/set-custom-ringtone-individual-contacts-galaxy-s9/

The Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+ are among the best flagship handsets released this year. Packed to the brim with features, they run on Samsung’s latest Experience UI which has been further improved since it first debuted on the Galaxy S8 with new features and enhancements. However, these improvements have ended up making a simple task of setting up a custom ringtone or notification sound on the handset pretty complex.

This is quite ironic since the task of a smartphone first is to make phone calls so all associated functions and features related to it should also be easy to use. It is not like the option to use a custom ringtone or notification sound is not present on the Galaxy S9, it is just unnecessarily complex. But then as they say, where there is will, there is always a way. If you really do want to know how to use custom ringtone sounds on your Galaxy S9, follow the steps below.