Non-square covers cropped

Laffer

If I, for an example, have a cassette tape cover which is upright, the app seems to crop the cover so that only the lower half of it can be seen. While this problem is not seen in wide cassette covers which are displayed correctly, it is also seen if the original cover is DVD-sized.

Would it also, perhaps, be possible to turn off the album art rounding somehow?

Many thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed, images should not be cropped if they are either portrait or landscape rather than square. Perhaps @maxmp could create an option in the Album Art settings page so the user can select the view type for non-square artwork as "Stretch" (yuk!), "Crop", or "Original". Perhaps there could also be an option to enable/disable rounded corners in the player and/or library screens?

Andre

• 6 months later...

I vote for the option to either crop images 1:1 or not. In previous releases there was also an option to scale the cover a little up which hepled with poorly scaned covers with white borders and/or non-square proportions. I think the ideal option will be to allow user to manually crop the image just as avatar setting works in most of the social media. This would be especially handy for artist art, because in most cases auto-search finds some concert photos and all the artists start to look relatively similar in gallery - some bodies on the scene))

3 minutes ago, blaubär said:

Might reappear in V3 - Zooming generally works but defined zooming level are missing.

That's not quite what I meant. By pinching it's available to change size of the cover area in the interface, what I meant was rather changing how much of the real cover art fits in the player frame (similar to cropping). But again, this is a half-measure, because it defines cover zoom-crop level for the entire gallery and that might be inconvenient.

Archived