Poweramp problems after bluetooth disconnect

x1r1

Hi,

I use Poweramp mainly with my car bluetooth, but very often when It disconnects from the BT (ie, turn off car), sometimes It will pause and stay like that until I kill the application, it doesnt matter how many times I hit the pause button It just wont do anything, I have to manually go into applications and kill Poweramp process in order to regain control of it.

Weird thing is, I can change songs with the buttons but songs wont play, im not getting any error so I dont know what to do.

thanks a lot for the help!

PS: this is not the best player for android, its the best player for all mobile devices!! keep up the good work.

• 2 weeks later...

Are you on Android 2.3? This one has a bug which sometimes hangs the android audio system during BT disconnection. This affects any app which plays sound directly (i.e. game like Angry Birds), this is not fixable in app (as very low level audio system is freezing). The pause on headset disconnection option in PowerAMP actually helps. The system media player and players which are GUIs over the system media player are not affected.

Also, you don't need to kill PowerAMP in case this happened. Just long press > button to STOP PowerAMP and exit it for 30 seconds. PowerAMP unloads in 30 seconds of idle and will work ok on next start.

Indeed, android 2.3, It was weird for me because this didnt happen when I had 2.2 and since I only use Poweramp wouldnt have been able to find the culprit myself. What are my options then? wait until cyanogenmod or android community releases a patch? thanks for the help!

Yep, the same problem here! I am also using CM7 (2.3.4). When the problem occurs I am unable to close Poweramp then, so I have to go to application manager and Force stop it. After running it again it works like a charm.

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to chime in and say I'm also having this problem on my Samsung Vibrant, which I recently upgrade to Cyanogenmod 7 from a froyo ROM. To resolve the issue, I've been ending the process/service for Poweramp.

Also, you don't need to kill Poweramp in case this happened. Just long press > button to STOP Poweramp and exit it for 30 seconds. Poweramp unloads in 30 seconds of idle and will work ok on next start.

At first, I didn't know what the ">" button was, but I figured it out. Its the play/pause button, duh! Holding it gets it to stop playback.

Thanks for the tip!

Archived